Here are some of my tips!

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I wasn't asking for help, just venting. Sorry.

I do log when I have my phone handy, but if I don't I have a notebook that I log all of my food in. I didn't mean to get a rant going here, just finding myself confused by all the information out there.

and no those things aren't crap, they are delicious. :( but I feel like if I even touch a pint I gain weight.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I kept thinking this thread was going to get booted, but I see it's still going so I figured now would be a good time to ask. This WHOLE STINKIN' THREAD has me completely and utterly dumbfounded. All I keep seeing is "stay in a deficit, eat whatever you want, keep within your macros and you will lose weight, don't follow these tips of healthy eating and drinking green tea and blah, blah, blah."

Umm WHAT? So how is eating cake and pie and ice cream and all the other crap that most have said on here beneficial to weight loss?? I have been eating endless veggies, lean meats, fish, fruit in moderation, and grains in moderation and I am still struggling to lose just 20 pounds. So tell me, how are all of those that say losing weight is 80% diet, and abs are made in the kitchen able to lose weight eating things that if I even touch goes right to my *kitten*? Do you exercise everyday for hours a day? I thought you can't out exercise a bad diet!

Sorry but this whole thing has me SO frustrated! 20 pounds is all I ask? Why is it so damn complicated???

Start here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Don't listen to "tips". There are no magical answers. Things take time. With only 20 lbs to lose, half a pound/week is a reasonable goal.

Most of the people you see advocating cake, ice cream, etc are eating these things in moderation, probably less than 20% of their total diet. The other 80% are the veggies, lean meats, fruit and grains that you mentioned, but there is no reason you can't still have cake, ice cream and cookies. Or wine. I have wine almost every day. Ice cream too.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

I do log when I have my phone handy, but if I don't I have a notebook that I log all of my food in. I didn't mean to get a rant going here, just finding myself confused by all the information out there.

and no those things aren't crap, they are delicious. :( but I feel like if I even touch a pint I gain weight.
    YOU are the reason why people make the effort to correct myths on these threads. Its to help people like you who feel that everything has to be restrictive to be successful. Please read for a different perspective. Great thread, as others have posted.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

But that's nonsense.

If your weight immediately shoots up after eating ANYTHING it's usually as a result of increased water weight or the food item literally still being in your body.

You can have your treats in moderation, provided you understand that a temporary increase in weight does NOT equal weight gain.

Example; I had a free weekend this weekend, and my weight went from 125.6kg on Friday, to 128.5kg yesterday (increase of 6.4lbs), but today, I'm already back down to 126.1kg, and by the end of the week I'll be at a lower weight than Friday.
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I thought for sure I would get blasted for my comment but in return got some very nice responses :) Thank you! Hopefully I have killed this post.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I thought for sure I would get blasted for my comment but in return got some very nice responses :) Thank you! Hopefully I have killed this post.
    thankyou+_2d3900abf2acc6b3c693d693a12023b5.gif
This discussion has been closed.