Name some famous people you've seen in real life

Options
14567810»

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Nearly everyone on Supernatural.. (My favorite show)

Mark Sheppard - Dr. Who, X Files, Supernatural, Firefly, Leverage - he spent about 5 hours with my friends and I in the lobby of the Sheraton Park Westin, talking about TV and politics.

Denzel Washington - Met him in the elevator going up from the parking garage at the Arclight theater on Sunset in Hollywood. I actually didn't recognize him until he spoke. He looks really ordinary in person.

Brendan Fraser - Met him at the Mummy Returns premier. I was also an extra in one of his movies.

Mickey Dolenz - My mom was dating a record industry guy. He went to pick Mickey up at the airport and we went with him. My mom had dinner with them both that night.

Bruce Campbell - Met him a book signing for one of his books. Chatted with him a little. At the time, his brother and I worked for the same company. (different cities)

Judson Scott - Xfiles, The Phoenix, Brisco County Jr. - Met him at the Mummy Returns premier. He was very cool.. he went and got a top off on his drink, then sat and chatted with my friends and I for about an hour.

Oded Fehr - The Mummy, Resident Evil - Mummy Returns Premier.

Dee Wallace - Texas Frightmare weekend a few years ago. 2007, I think. Very nice. She wanted to know what horror movies were my favorites.

Malcolm McDowell - Texas Frightmare weekend 2007. Seemed nice but he was pretty rushed.

Anthony Michael Hall - Breakfast Club, pretty much every 80's movie guy - Texas Frightmare weekend 2011. I asked him if he was going to go sightseeing instead of just doing cons and getting back on a plane, and he told me about some of his sightseeing plans. :smile:

Michael Biehn - Terminator, Dark Side of the Moon, etc - Texas Frightmare weekend 2011 - weird guy. He liked it that one of my front teeth is crooked. :tongue:

Jennifer Runyon - 18 again, Ghostbusters, Quantum Leap pilot - Texas Frightmare weekend 2011 - very nice. Was surprised I remembered her from Quantum Leap and a couple other old TV shows. I guess most people just remember Ghostbusters.

Julie Newmar - Batman - Some radio station event when I was in high school. Around 1981 maybe. She was very sweet.

Gil Birmingham - Twilight - a Native American art festival in Arlington about 3 years ago. He liked it that I remembered him from Buffy instead of asking him a bunch of Twilight crap.

some 70's TV people..

The guys who played the cops on Adam 12..Kent McCord and Martin Milner. This was at some comic book thing when I was a kid. Both of them seemed cool.

Richard Hatch from the old Battlestar Galactica. - Same event - really nice guy.

Steven Tyler - Staying at a hotel in Dallas where a friend of mine worked. I went up to visit her one night and ran into him in the lobby/hallway.

Duff and Slash from Guns and Roses - At a club called "On The Rocks" in Dallas 1988 after they opened for INXS. Slash - cool. My boyfriend bought him a drink and he talked to us for a bit. Duff - wasted, and tried to look down my dress.

All the members of the band Hurricane in the 80's. in fact, a lot of "one album" bands from the 80's. I went to a lot of concerts.

I met Victor Garber at Elixer on Melrose on one of my trips to LA. I just said Hi to him. I think Elixer is gone now. Which makes me sad. I loved that place.

Pantera. Met them numerous times. they're Dallas based.
    I was at a club called the Basement when they shot their video for Cowboys from Hell I think.. my best friend's brother jumped onstage for about half a second in that video.

Jimmy Dean used to come into the Fridays where I worked every Sunday for brunch. I waited on him a few times. He seemed nice enough. Average tips.

My cousin went to high school with LeeAnn Rimes. Not much to report. she was supposedly a bit on the quiet side.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I met the lead singer of Soulydium
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    The fact the political season is getting in full swing made me think of a few folks who have came through the Civic Center for fundraisers. We had Janet Reno when she was running for something. She was a very nice lady. Easy to work with. Most of the Florida Senators and all the Governors from the last 20 years have been through here as well. With some of them the smile and handshakes were just for the crowds. Not so much behind the scenes.