Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Does this include sporting events? Ray Lewis
  • LegendaryOrange
    LegendaryOrange Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    There are different levels of famous too. I've also met Bre in Knight, Mugsy Bogues, and Michael Grosek
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    This thread is so fun! I think I have a new one. Was at a dinner event with Garth Brooks. He is warm and stunning looking in person, and I'm not even a country music fan.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Met:

Orlando Bloom - just after he did The Calcium Kid - he was incredibly sweet.
    Bill Clinton - outside the Ritz - rather friendly.
    Eminem - at a party - absolute self absorbed git
    50 Cent - at a party - very pleasant and wasn't even drinking alcohol
    Rik Mayall (twice) - after a couple of live shows AWESOMENESS personified.
    Prince Edward - perfectly pleasant at a charity gala.
    Jeremy Beadle - really kind when I knocked over a tray of full champagne glasses at a gala.
    Mario Testino - as above. The same event, I think.

Seen:

Kevin Spacey
    Oprah
    Richard E Grant
    Marc Almond
    Dita Von Teese

London is pretty wonderful for star spotting!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Not many.

Captain Kangaroo - early 70s. The oldster MFP'ers may remember him. He was doing a appearance at the TV station where my dad worked. He wasn't a very nice man.
    Arnold Schwarzenegger, while he was the CA governor. He made a number of appearances in the building where I work.
    Dr. Oz - He made one appearance in the building where I work. I wasn't impressed.
  • Rochelle951
    Rochelle951 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    LL Cool J, Trey Songz, Cedric the Entertainer, Keenan Wayans, Tony Hawk, Jamie Foxx
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Met Greg Dulli from the Afghan Whigs and Mark Lanegan from the Screaming Trees. Chatted with them and the rest of the band after a show.

Met Dave Attell after a comedy show.

Saw Bam Margera and the rest of the Viva La Bam crew at a music festival in Baltimore. Also saw Bam and his girlfriend at a CKY/HIM show walking around in the audience.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

ETA: Oh yeah, and I hung out with the band Orgy at the club Fallout, in Richmond after a show.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Mine are pretty lame. & both from when I worked at Wendy's in HS.

John Stockton & his son came in one night & I had no idea who they were. He & his family are from Spokane [my hometown] though, so that's not that exciting.

I didn't actually see him, but Kenny Chesney's tour bus came through our drive thru one night & his driver ordered chili for him. We had no idea until we handed the bag out the window & the driver said something like "Kenny Chesney loves his chili" & smiled before driving off. That one was really weird because the Wendy's I worked at was pretty far from the arena & there are probably 5 Wendy's between there & the one they ended up at.
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Clint Eastwood, had dinner at his house in Sun Valley, ID. Long story

Jamie Lee Curtis, behind her in a line, did not say a word

Kiefer Sutherland, saw him at a bar, surrounded by goons, very intent on drinking

Peter Cetera, met him thru mutual friends, very nice
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Cameron Diaz- Times Square

Charles Barkley- Sat next to him on a plane

Kate Moss- NYC
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Richard Nixon and Pat Nixon, at a rally in '68.

Joan Rivers, when I guested on her TV program in '93.

Howard Stern, entering the Trump Plaza Hotel in '93.
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    A guitar player named Linde from the band HIM their from Finland but have gone gold in America. #7 of my photos is of him when we met in 2010 in St Louis where the band played.
  • swertyqwerty
    swertyqwerty Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Rachel McAdams at a spa I used to work at in Toronto. She is so tiny in real life
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    I bought a second hand toaster from a guy who says he knows Brad Pitt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yazr8JkazmE
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Dinner next to John Kerry and Teresa Heinz, Pamela Anderson at a bar comes to mind. I travel Go to Los Angeles often, so "famous" people are everywhere, so I can't remember every instant. I also live in an area with many pro basketball players and at least two NFL'ers as neighbors. *flicks collar*
    Guess it just depends on where you live and/or hang out as to the amount of famous sightings
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Years ago when I was a tour guide in a cave, Tony Dow (Wally Cleaver from Leave It To Beaver) came in - I hooked him up on the ropes and taught him how to rappel into the cavern. :smile:

From my childhood growing up in an area where a lot of things were filmed -
    Lloyd Bridges (Bridges family had a home up there, we saw them often, especially when I worked at the ski area! Super nice, all of them)
    Beau Bridges
    Jeff Bridges
    Robert Conrad (pretty much a pompous windbag every time I encountered him)
    River Phoenix
    Richard Dean Anderson
    Michael Landon
    Victor French

Semi-famous locals where I live now that I've spotted in local grocery stores -
    Rodney Grant
    Alan Autry
  • kellystacy424
    Options
    Jordan Zimmermann -I pitcher for the Nationals- cook him lunch about 5 times a year.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Darth Vader - Dave Prowse who played him in the first, proper movies.

Robbie Williams - used to hang about roller blading outside my office when he was just getting famous.