Name some famous people you've seen in real life

Options

Replies

• darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I hung out with (hed) PE last night.

Danielle Peck kissed me on-stage at a concert she had on base

I met Laura Bush at a change of command ceremony on my old submarine.

Met all of the original band members of Adelita's Way after their concert in Richmond in '12
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Wade Boggs when i was a child in a sports store with my mom shopping for something for a gift for my dad.

I saw him all the time riding his stupid purple dune buggy when I was growing up. He was kind of a jerk.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Oh! I forgot my favorite story. I didn't actually meet him, but Justin Timberlake flew in to the little tiny airport where my dad and I fly. He was walking through the building and the lady who mans the radio whispers to my dad "That's Justin Timberlake." And my dad, who has no inside voice says "Who's Justin Timberlake?" JT turned around and looked at him. I almost peed my pants laughing.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I met Beyonce Knowles back when she was part of Destiny's Child. She was sweet, her friends, snobby.

James Best. He's really tall and very personable. We own a few of his paintings.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    James Gandofini- I met him in a New Orleans strip club. I chuckled because he's exactly what I would have thought.
    Ron Jeremy- met him at a bar. Really this is not one to be proud of

Dan O Brien (triathlete and of Dan and Dave Nike commercials)- I interviewed him for school newspaper in 8th grade.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Christopher Walken, while I was sitting at a 7-11 filling up my car. He pulled in behind me, winked, and started to fill his car up. Of course I was an idiot and asked him what his favorite movie line was. He did this little prance thing and said, "Forget about it." and I almost died. He was wearing pajama pants and I may have fallen in love with him in that minute. He drove away and I hated myself for a week for not asking for a picture or something.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Bill Walton
    Master P
    Little Romeo
    Nancy Kerigan
    Vannah White
    Tiger Woods
    Phil Mickleson
    Arnold Palmer
    Payne Stewart
    Ben Hogan
    ........Actually.....most professional golfers that were playing about 17 years ago.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking you mean other than hanging outside a stage door. Ben Vereen was on a park bench once in NYC, on his phone. we waited politely until he was through and had a terrific conversation with him.

And I guess Abby from Dance Mom's doesn't count either. I used to teach for her. she's my pal.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Mel Gibson - when filming Signs

Alan Rickman - NYC
  • pctyler94
    pctyler94 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Have met quite a few, growing up in the Caribbean does that for you as they all like to vacation somewhere warm! These are all the ones I have interacted with. I was a golf teaching professional for 5 years and caddied in pro tournaments so I know a bunch of golfers.

Lived next to Paul McCartney in Jamaica when I was a kid
    Ringo Starr, had dinner with him at friend's house.
    Larry Gatlin (Gatlin Brothers)
    Randy Travis
    Lyle Lovett (before he was famous) really cool guy. Would hang out with us and play guitar in the evenings when he wasn't playing.
    VInce Neil
    Tommy Lee
    Heather Locklear
    Richie Sambora

Heather was married to Tommy at the time, but Richie and others were down with Motley Crue on holiday in Grand Cayman. Maybe that is where Richie and her hooked up!

Brian May (Queen baby!) Righteous dude!
    Nigel Mansel (F1 and Indy Car Driver, came on island after his big wreck.)
    Barry Bonds - used to caddy in his group at Bear Creek in Murrieta California
    Tim Herron - good drinking partner
    Tom Lehman
    Gene Hackman - I was in a scene of the movie The Firm and I had the opportunity to sit with him and his wife at the dinner break.
    Ed Harris (he was in Cayman for the Firm, awesome guy)
    Michael Williams ex NBA holds the record for consecutive Free Throws made. Taught him golf briefly before he went back to San Antonio.

Those are the ones that stood out for me.
  • cware31
    cware31 Posts: 5
    Options
    Frank Thomas - shook hands with him at a Birmingham Baron's game before he went pro (his hand went to my elbow)

A.J. Green - (lakers bball) shook his hand as well, might have been bigger than he big hurt's hand

Mike Gordon - bassist for Phish (he would ride around in a golf cart before shows)

Nick Faldo - saw him at about 6am in the Austin Airport restroom, I was fan boy and he looked hungover :P

Nolan Ryan - bumped into him (chest to chest) before the Rangers played the Express, all I said was "Nolan Ryan"... as if he doesn't already know his own name - he said "good to see ya buddy" and patted me on the shoulder

Think I'm forgetting some, but my memory doesn't work on demand.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    I saw Mark Cuban at a mall not too long ago. He was significantly taller (my husband is 6'4" so somewhere around that height) and actually thinner than I was expecting.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    James Gandofini- I met him in a New Orleans strip club. I chuckled because he's exactly what I would have thought.
    Ron Jeremy- met him at a bar. Really this is not one to be proud of

Dan O Brien (triathlete and of Dan and Dave Nike commercials)- I interviewed him for school newspaper in 8th grade.

I want stories of the first two. :laugh:
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Another one for the Brits....

Barry from Brookside (Paul Usher) at a Greek Island airport. Can't remember which holiday it was. My husband wouldn't shout Barry to see if he turned around lol.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Richard Gautier (Hymie) from Get Smart.
    Andre the Giant--wrestler
    Jose' "Super-Sock" Lothario --wrestler
    Dusty Rhodes---wrestler
    The Von Eric family--wrestlers
    Actually a bunch of wrestlers...lol
    Gary Conway--Land of the Giants tv series
    Marian McKnight (Conway) his wife---American beauty pageant winner
    These two own a winery in Paso Robles....btw excellent wine!!

Also last but not least.....Chuck Norris (my cousin) Truth!
    Oh and yes he has a big head and is stuck up!!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Jenna Von Oy, played Six on the show Blossom. We're actually very good friends with her brother.
  • tink721
    tink721 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jon Bon Jovi - shook his hand while he was in our office

Prince - When I was 16, I was sober driver for my sister and her friends. They got invited to Paisley Park. He was sitting on the couch. There was about 30 people there for after party.

Drew Seely at a meet greet after a show
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Chevy Chase-in NYC at this bar in the village I went to for happy hour after work one day. He was sitting with a group of people eating tapas.

Blake Lively, Leighton meester, and Chace Crawford from Gossip girl. -I was on my way home from work walking to the train and they were filming a scene.

Uma Thurman-shopping at Balducci's in NYC. She's very very tall and slim IRL..even more so than she appears on screen.

Julia Stiles-on the train stopping at Columbus circle in NYC. I didn't think it was her at first because why would a celebrity take the train? But it was and she was very down to Earth and friendly.

Sarah Jessica Parker-walking her dog in Chelsea (NYC).

The Backstreet Boys-backstage at their concert in Tampa Florida in 1998. Shut up don't judge me. BSB 4 eva :blushing:

Derek Jeter-at a Wendy's in Tampa.

Jennifer Lopez-Puerto Rican parade in the Bronx.

LL Cool J-he used to workout at the gym located in my office building in NYC.

Wendy Williams-was good friends with my old boss and used to stop by the office sometimes.

Tony Bennett-getting a hot dog from Gray's papaya.

Al Pacino-eating dinner at Rao's. I almost asked him for his autograph but didn't want to disturb him.

Kate Hudson-shopping at D'agostino's.

Lady Gaga-having drinks with her entourage at this gay bar in NYC called Posh.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    i created a marriage certificate for marina sirtis and johnathan frakes, and had michael dorn and gates mcfadden sign as witnesses. i also got to talk to denise crosby for a bit.

i have a really cute selfie with james marsters *drool*.

These are all on my list... I go to a lot of conventions and a whole crapton of concerts and shows, so I have met a LOT of famous people....

Probably my top people I have met, a bit outside of that realm:

President Bill Clinton - GOTV Rally in 2010.
    Jason Taylor (Defensive End, Miami Dolphins) - Same year, different rally
    George R. R. Martin - Book Signing
    Rob Halford (Lead singer of Judas Priest) - used to have coffee with him!

And my two fangirl moments where I couldn't breathe, and probably made an *kitten* out of myself:

Robert Smith
    John Barrowman
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Billy Joel
    Chevy Chase
    Cindy Crawford
    Some guy that turned out NOT to be Andre Agassi, altho I still have my suspicions
    Alan Alda
    John Legend about a year ago, although I didn't know it was him until someone told me. I still didn't know, but shook his hand anyway. Now, of course, I know who he is.
    Had beers with Brutus the Barber Beefcake, Tatanka, Luke Bushwacker and some other totally stoned guy
    Was Rowdy Roddy Piper's chauffeur and body guard for a small wrestling event. He called my brother on the phone. Cool guy!
    A bunch of other older actors that I didn't really even know, models too, used to come in to a store I worked at when I was a teenager