Curious: What is your daily carbohydrate intake?

Options

Replies

• randomworldgirl
    randomworldgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Under 100g, but would like to get down to 50g per day.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Over 200g even on rest days for me, and easily over 500 on longer ride days on the weekends. I know most people are not endurance athletes in training, but I cannot even believe that some of you would want to or even be able to eat only 20g of carbs a day. Mind blown
  • OldSportOldsport
    OldSportOldsport Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I cannot even believe that some of you would want to or even be able to eat only 20g of carbs a day. Mind blown

The only things I find myself really missing are yoghurts and icecream. When I've broken the back of the weight loss I'll be reintroducing carbs slowly.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Max 134g net
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Between 200-300g.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I seem to average around 190 carbs/day.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Seems to average around 130 g, but fluctuates and has come up some lately. I don't intentionally try to cut carbs, but when I focus on getting my protein in and then make choices as to what calories are worth it for me, it tends to result in lower carbs.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Seems to average around 130 g, but fluctuates and has come up some lately. I don't intentionally try to cut carbs, but when I focus on getting my protein in and then make choices as to what calories are worth it for me, it tends to result in lower carbs.

I'm similar. My average is probably 150g (I've had 110g days, and 200+g days). But, I don't like fruit, rice, and pasta (I know, blasphemy, lol). The bulk of my carbs come from veggies, oats, corn, and potatoes. I don't have much of a sweet tooth.

I focus on getting my protein and fats, and fill out the rest of my calories with my yummy veggies and fiber rich grains and potatoes, all my favorites:love:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Training days 400-500+
    Off days 200 or lower
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I cannot even believe that some of you would want to or even be able to eat only 20g of carbs a day. Mind blown

The only things I find myself really missing are yoghurts and icecream. When I've broken the back of the weight loss I'll be reintroducing carbs slowly.

I miss nothing. It's fun, really.
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It really just depends if you are doing a lot of exercise or not. Sedentary people who are trying to lose a lot of weight and aren't able to do a lot of exercise can get by on 50g a day or less but they won't have high energy levels.

If you do any type of intense daily exercise you need carbs to fuel your body.

On a rest day I normally try to consume 200-250g of carbs
    On a ride day, say 5-6 hrs high intensity, I need 500-600g a day
    Carbo loading before an endurance event, 800-900g a day for a few days before the event and about 100g/hr during the event.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

I miss nothing. It's fun, really.
    :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I float typically aroudn 100- there are days when I am unquestionably over, but my low days balance it- but I would say I average 100.

I live and die by my daily ice cream habit.

I have more of a sugar problem than a carb problem honestly LOL.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I've gone anywhere between 100 and 300....usually around 150-220g a day though
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm bulking until Christmas, so right now I eat 150-250 grams of carbs a day (more on lifting days, less on non exercise days).

When I cut, I'll be down around 100-150. I can't do low carb, my brain shuts down and I become a blithering idiot.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Looks like my net carbs averaged out to 105/day last week. I try not to break 120 net carbs/day.
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Target is 155g but it varies quite a bit. Almost all is from fruit & veg. The only things I limit really are potatoes,rice,pasta,bread & cereal because I find they don't fill me up very much so aren't really worth it.
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    xD Mine goes between 90 and 200. I eat a lot of sandwiches so I eat a lot of carbs, not worried about it.
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Generally I average 70 to 100 per day. I'm okay with going up to 150 if I need to though. My calorie goal is set at 1600 but I generally eat 1200 to 1300 most days.
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Under 20g total per day, but I don't sweat it if I'm between 20 and 25g total.