Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 13

Options

Replies

• sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Just want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! Let's try to make good choices even with this gluttoness holiday. ;)
  • abbycat900
    Options
    Good luck to all of those in the states/anywhere celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Also, here's to wishing Jasper's surgery went fantastically!
  • forJupiter
    Options
    Happy Turkey Day Ladies (or tomorrow)! Enjoy it just don't forget portion control! Although, I already foresee that I won't be hah.

I started the 30 Day Shred today, not bad. I was wondering if anyone is doing or has done either intensity or p90x? I'm thinking about maybe that afterward, I just don't wanna loose those lovely curves pin-ups are known for - any tips or has anyone attempted it with keeping their womanly shape? Not saying that people who do those become manly in shape, I just am aiming for a bit of soft curve just not too many curves if you catch my drift and most of the before and afters I people lose that.

Also any good butt, back and thigh workouts you'd recommend?

creechbc - Haha hes awfully cute. Just a baby ball python so hes little and will stay little. I'm getting a Red Tailed Boa next year, I'm really hoping for an albino. Nothings more bad *kitten* than an 11ft long snake that is white and pink. (A baby albino red tail boa if you don't know what I'm talking about -> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Katskills/738263941_7AgGi-L.jpg ) Hah excuse me for geeking out for a second.

SweetPandora - Thanks. Ill definitely give that a shot.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the American Pin-Ups!!!

Also - Hope jasper's surgery went well and you guys are enjoying the weekend!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to the U.S. Pin-Ups!

Karen
  • SweetPandora
    Options
    I just read on Ashley's profile page (japsersmommy) that the surgery went well and she hasn't slept in 3 days.

Karen
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Thanks Karen for the update! I'm so glad everything went well! Now she can hopefully get some much needed sleep.

Remember what you are thankful for, be it family or health or the new lifestyle. Indulging a bit or even a lot for one holiday dinner is not the end of the world. So please don't stress about the small things and remember to think of what you are thankful for!! Celebrate and enjoy your family and friends and your healthy life!!
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hope all you lovely pin ups celebrating Thanksgiving are having a great day today!

I'm glad all went well for Jasper's surgery. Hope Ashley manages to get some rest.

Don't forget to keep drinking your water!!
  • jenniferbisson
    jenniferbisson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • jenniferbisson
    jenniferbisson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want on the board! So motivating! Love the pinups!!! I started at 248 but I only started myfitnesspal 2 weeks ago when I had gotten to 235. I'm now 228 and my goal is 190! I may make another goal after that, but I wear my weight well and I'd miss being voluptuous if I became actually thin . I just want to be the most fabulous version of myself haha - boost up the confidence. ( It helps that I just dumped my deadbeat boyfriend... Always a good motivator to be selfishly single again!!) Girl power! ( did I just say that??)
    haha All the best with your own goals, good luck! xo
    Jenn

ps I'm new to the forum - how do you get that fun goal/progress bar at the bottom??
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Aww, ladies! I'm all misty eyed! Lol.

It took four hours for his surgery. He has incisions behind both ears and they are nice and swollen. He had a super rough night last night. He still had a lot of air in his tummy from being hooked up to the ventilator during surgery. Anyway, I have managed to sleep about 11 hours off and on since yesterday afternoon. My mom kept him some while Jeremy and I napped this morning when we got home.

Anyway, he's doing so good today. He has been smiling and playing some. He also ate some Thanksgiving dinner. Lol. He had a bite of turkey, dressing, corn, sweet potatoes, broccoli cheese rice, (my truly infamous) pumpkin cheesecake and pecan pie. So his tummy is nice and full. He had a nap and it took us nearly two hours to find a pharmacy open to get his pain medicine.

He's feeling great and is content so now we're just waiting for him to get all better and we go December 17th to hook up his outerwear. Lol.

If you are curious and don't really know about cochlears I'll post a couple of links. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochlear_implant
    - The surgery
    http://products.cochlearamericas.com/cochlear-implants
    - His gear

Edited to add:
    Our little man last night with his daddy:

nbupdt.jpg

Thank you all so much for the love and support!

-Ashley & Jasper
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Ashley, he's adorable! I am so so glad things went well!! You must be exhausted, and yet so excited!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    Definitely. He's been playing today and blowing me kisses. We're definitely exhausted but we'll sleep when he does. :)
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    creechbc - Haha hes awfully cute. Just a baby ball python so hes little and will stay little. I'm getting a Red Tailed Boa next year, I'm really hoping for an albino. Nothings more bad *kitten* than an 11ft long snake that is white and pink. (A baby albino red tail boa if you don't know what I'm talking about -> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Katskills/738263941_7AgGi-L.jpg ) Hah excuse me for geeking out for a second.

I bought an old friend of mine a red tailed boa for christmas about 2 years ago. She was 9 months old and 6 or 7ft long. SUCH a sweetheart. :)
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Definitely. He's been playing today and blowing me kisses. We're definitely exhausted but we'll sleep when he does. :)

SO glad to hear!! What a great thanksgiving!!
  • SweetPandora
    Options
    Ashley that is just amazing that Jasper will be able to hear. *hugs* to you and I just want give him a little squish too! So happy for you and your family that all went well.

Karen
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Ashley, I'm so glad to read about Jasper and how he is doing! Looks like you had a GREA Thanksgiving after a very hectic few days/weeks. *hugs*

Decided at the last mintue to go out of town with my mom and brothers, we're headed out soon. Just thought I'd pop in and tell you all to try and have a great weekend. If you are shopping out there, be careful, there are some crazies out, including drivers, so be careful! And for those working this weekend, I hope it goes quickly for you so you can spend some time with the family. Didn't weigh in this morning, didn't want to set myself up for a sodium gain the day after Thanksgiving, so I'll have to wait til Monday. Enjoy your weekends all and see ya Sunday night/ Monday morning. :heart: Bru
  • Ashley_Panda
    Options
    My husband is a snake enthusiast. We really want a corn snake to start off with. A creamsicle one. We're waiting until next year to get it though. Then eventually move up to a ball. He would kill for a green tree boa but that's way more than we can afford. :laugh:

He's on this constrictors message board and it's hilarious some of the jokers on there thinking they can handle burmy's when they've never had a snake before. There was a guy that bought a burmy off a friend who had never had a snake and thought it could live comfortably in a 20 gallon aquarium. Ridiculous.

Anyway, Jasper is feeling great this morning and the swelling is really going down. :smile:

Hugs to all of you!
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    How do I join this group?? please let me know! I would love to be a member! I think it would help me greatly with my weight loss goals!!
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options

Awe so cute! I want a Nelson's milk snake so bad! The black white and red ones. But my fiance jokes that if I get a snake, he'll get a mongoose. And his daughters are girly girls and squeamish of animals with no fur or legs. lol. So, I'm afraid my dream will always be just a dream.

Ashley--I'm SO glad Jasper's doing well! Surgery can be a scary thing to go through, especially with little ones, so I'm happy to hear the good news!

Thanksgiving here went really well. I'm drugged on Oxycodone for my wisdom teeth pain, so I was sleepy the whole time. But I had one small scoop of almost everything and was way good on calories! I was so happy about that. And when I finished my plate, I was full! Hooray portion control!