Gym cardio is so boring!

Options
124»

Replies

• thrivewithjul
    Options
    Find a Jazzersize class! It encompasses cardio, strength, weights, and core in one hr! it's fun and doesn't feel so much like a "work out" that's boring!
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on the treadmill listening to music is actually very enjoyable for me.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If hell were a real place it would be filled with treadmills.

LOL! Here it is:

611841_Planet_Fitness__292.jpg

*shiver*

Wow. That really does look depressing.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    The problematic approach is that the majority of people in the gym think cardio is for fat loss, when in truth it's just a cardiovascular exercise.

It seems that one of the reasons people have to spend hours doing CV work is that they're not putting enough effort in as that would get in the way of TV watching and reading.
  • ariesflame
    ariesflame Posts: 82 Member
    Options

LOL! Here it is:

*shiver*

Wow. That really does look depressing.

Is that a Planet Fitness? the place with no free weights and a "lunk alarm"?
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Cardio outside can be nice, but when it is 91 degrees here in the phoenix area at 7am, get to 110 during the day and barely gets below 90 during the middle of the night, it is hard to find a time when you won't die of heat exhaustion. :laugh:
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    image.jpg
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options

LOL! Here it is:

hahaha
  • splashtree2
    splashtree2 Posts: 277
    Options
    That's why I just lift and only do cardio for 20-30 minutes once or twice a week. When I do it's a minute run, minute walk. Watching the clock keeps me from getting bored.

You can just make sure you are tracking your food accurately to ensure you have a calorie deficit.

you should hit cardio with a partner so while time passes you also can talk to someone.
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm not fond of cardio so I started 15 min HIIT after weights. I concentrate on the timer because every other minute I'm running hard, and I count down every bloody second. Also have a TV at the gym. I used to do half hour more gentle jogging and have been known to do an extra 10 minutes if I find something interesting to watch.
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say, can you invest in a machine for home? I don't do it often but I sometimes get on the elliptical for the entire duration of a movie. I don't get bored then!
  • 57chantalthi
    Options
    All gyms are not created equal and the same for the different activities offered. The one I chose have no machines except bikes for spinning class. I do zumba, baladi, essentrics, ballet sculpt, boot camp, martial fusion, pilates, yoga, kickboxing, trx, hitt, etc. Never bored and cardio and toning are balanced in each class.