POLL: Have you ever have a mouse in your house?

Go_Mizzou99
Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
My wife thinks we are the only one - ever. Of course, she is terrified of them.

So obviously I am a Yes.

Replies

• Yes
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Yes, but the poor thing didn't last long although I did try to rescue it and toss it outside... My cat is a good mouser.
  • yafashelli
    yafashelli Posts: 112 Member
    Yes. We keep trying to figure out where they're coming in from, but so far, have been unsuccessful.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Several. It's the reason I invested in a cat. One of my best investments.
  • If you live in the city, regardless of how clean your house is.. you have had a mouse. Even if you were unaware of it's presence.

So, yes.. I have.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Who hasn't??
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    our cat made short work of any mice. Country living! Ick ... :-/
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    the question should be have you ever SEEN a mouse... i think its a safe bet to say most houses have been invaded by those sneaky little *kitten* at some point or another
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    yes…..the cats apparently didn't see him!
  • Yes, plenty! :frown:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,147 Member
    Got a family of them living in the walls and ceilings. Since we're the only ones who can hear them and they only poop in our apartment, the landlord doesn't see a problem (she got rid of the mouse traps the exterminator left, hence why the mice are back). If we could afford to keep a cat or 2, we'd get one and hope it will eat the mice (and carpet beetles and earwigs).
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    I woke up to one on my bed, I picked him up and put him outside!
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    the question should be have you ever SEEN a mouse... i think its a safe bet to say most houses have been invaded by those sneaky little *kitten* at some point or another

This ^^^^^^^.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Yes.

I live trapped him (or her) and relocated the poor thing to an abandoned barn. It was winter and I didn't want her (or him) to die.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Yep!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    We did so we got a cat. The mouse was soon terminated by terminator cat.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Yes, only for a short time... He came, I saw, he left.

THis reminds me of the Slyvester and Tweedy bird episode, when Sylvester thought the Knageroo was a mouse
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Yes, many times in the dead of winter they've come in to get warm. I feel terrible, but I put them back outside and hope they make it. They stand a better chance outside anyways since I have 3 cats and 4 dogs.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Not lately, but yes...I live in the country and its just how it goes sometimes.

I'm not as sympathetic as MonotonousMat though....if they venture into my home, they WILL die!
  • Yes, and I hunted it down with a rubber boot and a fire iron =)
    I'm a really bad hunter/man.
    But if somebody had filmed it, it should've been a massive youtube hit.
    Oh, I forgot to mention that I screamed like a girl every time the mouse was darting my way, and I was in my pajamas.
    My (ex)wife laughed her *kitten* off.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Several times. We live in the country and there is always one that thinks it would be a great idea to try to spend the Winter in here. The indoor cats are very good mousers as are the outdoor cats so I don't know where they get those ideas.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    One night my husband woke me up saying there was a rat in the kitchen.

It was a tiny little mouse. I threw it outside.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    When I was a kid in the farmhouse, my sister found a mouse with babies, took them to her closet, gave them a shoe box that she decorated, some newspaper, and a couple old socks. My mom was not very happy to clean the closet and find an entire family of mice living in a decorated shoe box.
  • ink_b1tch
    ink_b1tch Posts: 101
    Moved out of my home to a new area, when I went back to check on the house it was infested, they had even chewed through the appliance wires.

"I will not eat them in a house, i will not eat them with a mouse,i will not eat them in a box i will not eat them with a fox, i will not eat them here of there i will not eat them anywhere, I do not like green eggs and ham i do not like them sam i am"
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Yup....got a cat. The little *kitten* was a mouse sympathizer though. On the upside, the mouse started eating the cat's food, and left mine alone, so I didn't break the team up. Now I'm married...my wife is significantly less accepting of inter-species couples. No mice no longer. (But no cat anymore either so...)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    I'm surprised that people say you wouldn't know. The time I knew I had a mouse, it was quite evident. It left a mess everywhere, made a hole between cupboards, chew open the bag of bread on the counter. And I saw him.
    Y'all must have covert mice.
    I ended up with a room mate who had cats, which solved the mouse problem. Only thing is he didn't fix the cats, one sprayed all over the basement and one had kittens in the box of Christmas decorations in the basement. I'm not sure the mouse was the worse of the two. It's hard to sell a house with a basement full of cat spray.
  • Christi132
    Christi132 Posts: 67 Member
    Yes! I HATE mice! Spiders, bats and snakes don't creep me out at all, but it seems that mice show up in my house at the absolute worse times. I now have extreme nausea with just the thought of mice.
  • red66stang
    red66stang Posts: 38
    We trapped two mice when we first moved into our house. They were coming in from the cutout in the floor behind the stove where the propane line came in. A little spray foam in the hole fixed the problem. Also got a good outdoor cat so now the only mice I see around the house are the dead ones he drops off at our doorstep.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Never a mouse, but I have had 3 bats. Mice with wings??
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Yes, but the poor thing didn't last long although I did try to rescue it and toss it outside... My cat is a good mouser.

:laugh:

It really cracks me up when people try to "rescue" the moue or use have-a-heart traps. You realize that they're going to run right back into your house right? They're not going to say to their little mouse selves "Oopsie! I guess they don't want me here!"

OP: Yes, we have mice and I HATE them. There is nothing worse than going into your towel drawer or your flatware drawer and find it filled with mouse poop. We have traps set every where and we celebrate when we catch one. (we actually had a day where we caught 8 in the span of a couple of days!)

ETA: And who ever coined the phrase "quiet as a mouse" has never had one running around in their attic at 2 in the morning.