POLL: Have you ever have a mouse in your house?

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I love mice. I catch them.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Yes. But my cat usually kills them before I discover them.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I live trapped him (or her) and relocated the poor thing to an abandoned barn. It was winter and I didn't want her (or him) to die.

This guy is a catch
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My house, never. Every path inside is sealed.

I think we've had some in our garage but I'm ok if it stays contained over there. I do keep some dried and canned goods in there but they've never gotten into it.
  • akelly3391
    akelly3391 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes, we'd occasionally see it in the kitchen and run under the fridge.

In my college dorm we had a whole colony of them.
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yes. The little rascal sometimes knaws on my block of cheddar, sometimes eats my left-overs, and leaves cracker crumbs scattered across the floor and countertops. It's frustrating when I need a snack and he's gotten into my food.

But I love my little mouse. He comes out of his hole in the late evening and hangs out in front of the XBOX. He's 14 years old and goes by "Joshua". :-)

Sam
  • vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I had one in my old studio apartment. It seemed to be living in my kitchen. It scared the hell out of me a couple of times, but I never bothered getting rid of it because I was planning on moving soon anyway, and couldn't be bothered.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes. We used to live in the mountains and had a crawl space. They'd come into the crawl space when it was cold, and some made it into the house. Once we started trapping them in the crawl space they stopped getting into the house. Our cat would kill them occasionally too.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    We came home one day and there they were...
    The dog.....the cat.....and their friend the mouse...sitting all in a row staring at us.:noway:

We got a mouse trap.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I had to catch it because my BF at the time ran out of the room like a scared child.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Yes, many times! I don't mind them as much as bats (my attic apartment had them), or snakes! I had baby garter snakes in the basement one year. That was the worst!

That would be so cool...I'm jealous!
  • fuzzysham
    fuzzysham Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yes but that was because I rescued a feeder mouse and kept it as a pet for 2 years and it was awesome =) He was trained and everything and he was a very spoiled little mouse who was well fed, trained, and cared for. He was very friendly, and he loved to be held and have his head rubbed. He also loved to eat rice krispy cereal. Those were his treats!

He also had a black mark on his back that looked like the superman logo It was quite cool.
  • edmwnd
    edmwnd Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I didn't have it in me to put a trap or poison down, so one evening, I saw it dart across the sitting room under a bookcase, so I sprung into action: I closed all doors out of the sitting room apart from the door to the garden which I propped open, and created a 'mouse highway' leading from the bookcase where it was hiding out the front door into the garden using books, pieces of furniture, CDs, anything to give the little chap nowhere to go but out the front door! My hastily-constructed road was about 10 metres long, and it did the trick; I flushed him out from under the bookcase and he darted out, ran head first into a pile of books, then, a little confused by the re-ordering of the universe and realizing there was only one way to go...shot out of the front door, never to be seen again.

Probably got eaten by a fox within 2 minutes of being shown outside, but hey...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Yes, many times! I don't mind them as much as bats (my attic apartment had them), or snakes! I had baby garter snakes in the basement one year. That was the worst!

That would be so cool...I'm jealous!

aaaaah. not jealous. would move.

:-)
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've never had a mouse in any house I've lived in but that doesn't mean we don't have them in the yard. We've been pretty lucky. They say to use bounce sheets to help deter them.
  • Yakelmeyer
    Yakelmeyer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes.

During the winter, an entire family of mice moved in. Our landlord recommended non lethal traps which we were on board with already. The reason being that the mice will take the poison to the nest in the walls, die, and rot in your walls. We would capture them on a pretty regular basis and release them on the other side of the freeway in a field - there was no way they could find their way back to our house that way.
  • CandiceLeeAnn
    CandiceLeeAnn Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yes, just about every Winter/Spring we have an unwelcome visitor, or two, or three. Our cat is an excellent mouser so they don't last long!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Yes. An apartment that I used to live in had them one winter. And it was an entire family. :ohwell: I could hear them in the walls first, it would wake me at night (which is actually pretty funny considering that the apartment was situated next to rail road tracks). I'd had enough, though, when I was awakend by the pitter patter of little mice feet running across my FACE! :noway: The management company said it was up to me to get rid of them. I bought traps and set them, killed several... Until the little f***ers got smart enough to avoid them. I'm not even kidding when I say that my stove, at one point, looked like a "whack-a-mole" game with little mice heads popping up out of the burners. I called the health department. Then I called the management company back and informed them that I'd called the health department and was going to file a complaint. After that, they got rid of the little buggers. Worst mouse experience EVER. :frown:
  • beckydragonpoet
    beckydragonpoet Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes. My cat would play with them until they died from fright. It was funny and sad all at the same time.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Yes. Which bring unwanted snakes into my garage...*shivers*