"Fake geek girls" debunked

Options
12346»

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I am a 52 year old geek girl. Worked in IT for years. My license plates on my car are DARTHMOM.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm not a geek girl.

I like star trek (and some of the bad science in it gives me a good laugh). I like science. That's as far as it goes. I'm not into gaming and stuff.

I also like The Wonder Twins.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have a girl that isn't into videogames. I donno why...
  • stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've never seen a woman play a video game before
  • d0v3r13
    d0v3r13 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    yeah....hot male fake geeks....

Sam-Dean-and-Cas-in-Season-9-of-Supernatural_zps51634f2c.jpg

also, had to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp4RqySm0iA

watch the video. learn from it :laugh:

LOL! Loved the video link you posted! "Hot girls pretend to be geeks so they can get more attention from guys...because everyone know that a hot girl can never get any attention from a bunch of guys" LOL!!!!!

also loved the video you posted. Fake people wind me up, for example, an ex colleague of mine sent me a picture of her latest Marvel t-shirt purchases as she knows I love Marvel . Later that evening she was complaining about her boyfriend making her watch Thor. It makes me sad.

:sad: that makes me cry. lol. i know there are a lot of girls wearing the super hero clothes now, because its literally everywhere. which i personally love because i am currently reading a lot of the old comics and i love that i can buy cute clothes and know what i'm wearing, but then it makes me sad that people probably look at me and assume i know nothing of what i'm wearing....eh. whatever. like he said, there's no nerd heaven, you don't have to prove how much of a nerd you are, there is no prize. i'm just going to enjoy knowing who i am.

p.s. i grew up thinking dc was the best, but i knew literally nothing about marvel...i'm now way more of a marvel fan. :tongue:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I've never seen a woman play a video game before

Is that sarcasm font? Because I play video games every single day and last time I checked I was a woman. Heck, even my mom who is almost 60 spends at least a couple of hours a day playing games. Granted, she prefers the more casual style games but it poses a question: If a casual game is not played casually, does it stop being casual?
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Holy muttha!! I love these guys, and I WANT that shirt!! lol
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    :laugh: at the idea of girls having to pretend to be into video games to get attention.

ETA : i used to think i was a geek until i moved to the bay area.. these geeks are socially awkward, have no interests beyond coding and video games and cant carry on a conversation about anything other than those things..
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Did someone say peanut butter. Someone definitely said peanut butter. I want some.

Interesting where this thread went. It was a good read.

In the end people like the things they like. People like other people because of these things a lot of times. I like those who like what I like.

Open minds are always sexy. Ain't got no time for narrow mindedness.