Most embarrassing 'fat' moment you can now laugh at?

Options

Replies

• XmanMike
    XmanMike Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    January 2010, I went to the doctor because I was having severe chest pains. Nothing else, just that. He took my bp, checked my breathing and he even had me do a stress test. Part of the stress test was walking on a treadmill at an incline for about 20 minutes. Shirtless. In front of a couple of attractive nurses. They put the electrodes on my upper body and started the treadmill. At the time I was 182 pounds. I'm only 5' 7"; I think technically I was about 30 pounds heavier than I should be. There was a mirror on the wall next to the treadmill and looking at my profile made me even more sick. I looked pathetic. I could just imagine how nasty I looked to them. I passed the stress test and the doctor guaged that from what I ate, I just had a terrible case of gas. Yep! From that point on, I've been working out consistently.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It was Chritmas time...gift exchange...I received a can of Slim Fast...

Oh. My. Word.
    :noway:
  • ChriJMitch
    ChriJMitch Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've never been super overweight, but I definitely had a long period of my life where I was eating pretty poorly and was packing on pounds.

I remember back in college, after a night a heavy drinking, I no joke ate THREE crunch wraps from Taco Bell. And a cheese quesadilla. In less than 30 mins.

Calories: 2100
    Fat: 90g
    Carbs: 253g

Diginity: 0g
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    When I first moved to Florida I did not have the internet so I had to use the wifi at my moms house. I was sitting in one of those plastic patio chairs and I heard a creak. I ignored it and I came crashing down on the floor. My stepfather and mother were trying to make me feel better saying that it was an old chair and they had been meaning to have it replaced but I felt terrible, but 8 cheeseburgers from McDonalds totally made me feel better lol
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    It was Chritmas time...gift exchange...I received a can of Slim Fast...

Oh. My. Word.
    :noway:

Yeah..definitely not the way I wanted to win the internet today..LOL
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school there was one person a grade above me that consistently made my life hell. The one moment that sticks out though was walking by the student lounge and hearing her sing out, "1-800-97-Jenny."

Hmmm. Yup. 15 years later still hurts. Not funny. Maybe one day.

What does bring a tiny flicker of joy to my heart? Thanks to the FB gods, I know that this girl is quite unfortunate looking now, aka, butt ugly. :laugh: Ahhh...see, life is good.

Edit: Because it's Friday and I forgot to add some words. :ohwell:
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school there was one person a grade above me that consistently made my life hell. The one moment that sticks out though was walking by the student lounge and hearing her sing out, "1-800-97-Jenny."

Hmmm. Yup. 15 years later still hurts. Not funny. Maybe one day.

What does bring a tiny flicker of joy to my heart? Thanks to the FB gods, I know that this girl is quite unfortunate looking, aka, butt ugly. :laugh: Ahhh...see, life is good.

Yep! That Karma always comes back to bite you...some just take longer than others! :drinker:
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Was at an amusement park and my large legs and thighs made it near impossible to get out of a ride. Was quite embarrassing. Never went to an amusement park after that. It happened in 1995.
    I haven't been to an amusement park since 2004. After waiting in line for over an hour, got on the roller coaster and couldn't get the shoulder harness to close enough to buckle. Probably the most embarrassing moment of my life. Even more so when the flight attendant wasn't being very attentive and I had to scream that I needed a seat belt extender. Yeah, horrifying. Maybe one day I will get to the point I can laugh at such things.

Yep, that happened to me. But to make matters even more horrifying was the attitude of the attendant that practically yelled, "Lady, you're too fat to ride this ride" I crept off in embarassment and didn't return to a park until this year.

Now it's unyielding claustrophobia that keeps me off park rides...
  • bluedolphin2828
    bluedolphin2828 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I broke a swing. I was 14, very overweight and at a friend's birthday party. They were all there watching as I got on, swung for a second then they all heard the crunch and saw me (and the swing) fall onto the ground. Humiliating. It stayed with me for years. I'm 28 and it still makes me cringe but... I do smile now...a little.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    One month after I had my second child, my neighbor walked to me when I was on my way to pick up my son. We ran into each other everyday around the same time. He said to me " My wife just told me you had your baby, congrats!" I looked at him and thought " It was a month ago! Do I still look like I am 9 month pregnant???? "
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    On holidays two years ago in Spain

Down the beach after a late night and fell asleep, when I woke up the local media where there in a circle around me, while a JCB was diggin a tench from me down too the water line

And the good people of the RSPCA where hosing me down with sea water
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I haven't had too many traumatic experiences.

I took a class trip to Spain last summer. We were in Granad, where the Alhambra is, and I lagged behind everyone getting up it. IT wasn't so much that I was embarrassed about my body - just my level of fitness.

We walked a ton on that trip. My classroom was a mile each way to my homestay, so, bare minimum, I was walking two mile a day. And most days was much, much more then that, with several days where we walked up cathedral towers.

I ate whatever I wanted - including dessert, pastries and ice creams. When I came back home, I had lost 6 pounds. That clued me into the power of exercise - and I wondered to myself, what would happen if I actually paid attention to what I was eating?
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    At my high, 180 (5'2''.) Just had my first baby and hubby and I decided to shop life insurance so that we could provide in case of anything.
    Sat down at the fancy table with the insurance guy. He gives us the two quotes. Mine was almost double of hubby (he's uber-thin and well, I wasn't.)
    Confused, I asked why my premium was so much higher.
    He said, well, he looks like that and you look like.....(unfinished sentence.)
    I paused and said ....I'm fat? Seriously?! I just had a BABY!!!
    He replied, Hey. Don't shoot the messenger.

I verbally unleashed on this guy in a way I never did before to another human being!
    No. That part isn't true.
    I just got up, holding back tears until waddled quickly to the door. I did give it a good slam, leaving hubby to deal with the repercussions.
  • chriszennao
    Options
    I have a couple embarrassing 'fat' moments unfortunately.

I went to a local amusement park and I got on a ride called the grizzly. The oldest ride in the park and the best by far. Anyway, the seats are small. I set in my own seat, then my husband set in his own seat. When I went to close the lap bar it clicked once in place and I thought everything was fine. Then the guy comes around to check everyones seat, he pushes on my bar and says it is supposed to click twice so I need to push it down again. Now the other employee told him no it just needs to click in place and it it clicked once she is fine. Well this one employee wasn't letting it go, he just kept pushing the damn bar down and obviously it wouldn't go anywhere. So I asked to get off because he was embarrassing me. Well when I got off I completely left the park. We left the park so close to the time that we came that the pictures they take when you enter the park weren't even done yet. And my husband didn't understand why I was upset. uh-duh!!!

Second embarrasing moment:
    I was in a exercise program. I was with another friend. Both of us happen to be well endowed in the boobage area..lol.. anyway the instructor wanted us to do jumping jacks. Now if any of you have the same issue we have you know that jumping jacks can cause them things to knock you out if you aren't careful. So our solution is to taking one arm and rest it across our chest while using the other arm in regular jumping jack motion. Are 50 jumping jacks the instructor comes over and says I don't mean to be rude but is their something else you can do with those things so you can use both arms and get a good jumping jack going. We looked at each other and said "yeah, it's called a breast reduction, it cost money and we are broke, are you offering to pay"

Most unprofessional embarrassing moment.

I went to a new doctor because I had a horrible cold and cough that would not go away. When the doctor comes in she starts asking their regular routine questions. Then she says "do you have any other diseases". Now I'm kind of confused at this point and start thinking she is looking at the wrong chart cause I don't have any diseases. So I ask her what does she mean. She say, " do you have any other diseases besides obesity" OMG, if I didn't want to beat her with her stethescope.

Best moment:

I was complaining one day to my 12 year daughter about me not being able to find anything in my closet to wear. I then made a uncharacteristic comment about me being fat (i don't like to talk like that around my kids). Well my daughter wasn't having any of it. She looked at me (like only a 12 year old girl can do, you know, like I'm crazy and she doesn't know where I came from) and she tells me you are perfect just the way you are and don't let me ever hear you say that again or i'm telling daddy and Nana on you. Then she said and I love you and she had tears in her eyes. Best moment ever and the moment you realize, Damn I guess I am raising them right!!
  • kap328
    kap328 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've thankfully not had anything terribly traumatic, outside of school bullying, which does suck. As an adult, I've had the pregnant comment a few times and responded with either "No, I'm fat." or "Yes, with a pizza." I've never felt ashamed of my body so I guess it made it easier to laugh at. I started feeling bad when I could no longer walk around town without being horribly out of breath.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Oh God. I was once the guy who walked away and stood up a girl on a first date because I was disappointed at finding out she was fat. It was a blind date and I actually walked right past her and pretended I didn't recognise her. stormbornkrak story makes me feel really guilty. And now I think how ironic it is that how in time I became the fat one.

Kudos for being man enough to admit that! :) And if the truth be known, I am a big girl who isnt all that attracted to big guys...I know I am such a freaking hypocrite, but it is what it is. My hubby is a bigger guy, and I actually weigh more than him, for now....hahahaha yes I feel so shallow for saying all that but I was just keeping it real! :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time really laughing at any of those moments from my past, like someone else said I am still more likely to cringe at them.

One thing that kind of makes me laugh though is the way I've always run in the other direction from any job or even volunteer/team activity that requires a uniform or matching shirts with other people. I have never worn a uniform for a job due to this. Once I was going to work part-time as a tour guide in a cave and I was really psyched until I found out the uniforms were close-fitting button down shirts and khakis with a belt. Oh hell no. I didn't do it.

Even when I was sixteen and getting my first actual paying job, I specifically applied only to places that let you wear your own clothing, dress up, or a smock/apron over your own clothes. It was the early 1990s and most fast food places had those polyester tight looking tops and bottoms, I would have died before I'd wear that as a size 20 teenager.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Well, hmmmm. I've had the classic. Congrats you're pregnant...no I am not.....oh, come on you can tell me...no I am not pregnant....sure you are ......nope just gained weight now go away.....

omg this happened to me once and i wanted to die. It was horribly embarrasing for the person that said it and me but honestly who the hell asks someone if their pregnant. Like i didnt even know the lady! So nosy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep this happened to me too - was at a friends daughters birthday party and her sister-in-law asked about it. I was horrified - still am and can't laugh at it yet. Mostly because I gained a lot more after that (not because of that, but it was like 10 years ago). I am hoping to find it funny at some point.

I don't understand why anyone asks this question. I've even been asked this question by women who are heavier set than I am-- because I carry my weight in my belly.

My boss IS pregnant- I've suspected since May. And she's pretty much out of the closet at this point- but we still aren't talking about it- no one is saying anything.

Seriously WE KNOW. And NO ONE is asking.

YOU NEVER. EVER.EVER ask.