My teenager is crying

Options
suremeansyes
suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
...because we won't let her sign up for two sports that conflict with practice AND game times, yet she's convinced "she can handle it".

Why does your teenager cry?

And is there a black market where I can sell mine?

Replies

• Bageeeta
    Bageeeta Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I would trade ya, but I have the same problem...
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yes.. I seriously attended a cheer squad meeting today, while trying to figure out if it could be done with her volleyball schedule, AND her tramp and tumble team practices.

That's what I get for having a super ambitious child .. It could be much worse so I am *not complaining* :tongue:
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Let me date her, I'll make her feel better.
    Go away scumbag. That's someone's CHILD you are talking about.
  • Bageeeta
    Options
    Mines 13 that probably wouldn't look good on your resume...
  • suremeansyes
    Options

You'd give her back, trust me.
  • suremeansyes
    Options
    Mines 13

Mine is 14 as of tomorrow! Hopefully she doesn't open her present and say something like "I'd rather play winter ball then have this" but I am now fully expecting it.

OR, she will wake up tomorrow in a great mood! Who knows? It's like a game show where all the prizes are punishments.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Probably you could draw her out by asking questions. She may have undisclosed reasons for wanting this. But I agree that scheduling may not work!
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options

LOL! "Ransom of Red Chief"?
  • Bageeeta
    Options
    Mines 13

Mine is 14 as of tomorrow! Hopefully she doesn't open her present and say something like "I'd rather play winter ball then have this" but I am now fully expecting it.

OR, she will wake up tomorrow in a great mood! Who knows? It's like a game show where all the prizes are punishments.
    My daughters Bday party is this weekend... I am a single father and already don't understand women much less one that is part me... (shoot me now)
  • Bageeeta
    Options
    Probably you could draw her out by asking questions. She may have undisclosed reasons for wanting this. But I agree that scheduling may not work!
    Undisclosed reasons = boys lol
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Mines 13

As someone who has taught in that age group, all I can say is, I called my mother to apologize after less than a month of working with 14YO girls.
  • suremeansyes
    Options

LOL, I asked her a question after being ignored when trying to talk with her, it was "Do you want me to leave you alone?"

*ignore*

"suremeansyesspawn, do you want me to leave you alone?"

"Yes."
  • suremeansyes
    Options

LOL! "Ransom of Red Chief"?

Ha! I just read the short story. Very funny. :)
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    ...because we won't let her sign up for two sports that conflict with practice AND game times, yet she's convinced "she can handle it".

Why does your teenager cry?

And is there a black market where I can sell mine?
    Let her sign up for the sports but, make her sign a contract with you that she WILL NOT QUIT and, she will also keep up on school/church/chores, ect.
    Explain that the contract is a binding form and failure to honor the contract will result in forfiture of stuff like phones, television, ect.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I don't have teenagers....yet. My oldest is 10 and he's already starting with the drama. Not looking forward to it. :sad:
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Teenagers cry as they are a bundle of emotions and frankly, some of them cry to get you to change your mind! They are masters at twisting us up. Guess we've all been there. Lol. But honestly, kudos to you for standing strong and not allowing participation in activities that conflict with each other. As a parent that had kids involved in activities and now with my kids in the coaching realm, it's really difficult to have consistency when practices and games when team members don't show up. I was taught that when I picked something to do, then you give it your all, and you don't miss practices or games or performances unless you have an unbelievably good reason (and no, going to the movies with your BFF isn't a good reason). It's called responsibility and our kids are losing it because we let them miss for no reason at all.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Logic is a language they haven't learned yet. Kids, whaddayagonnado!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Wait! This is supposed to wait until she's a teenager?