My teenager is crying

Options

Replies

• _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Let me date her, I'll make her feel better.

You're not nearly as charming or witty as you think you are.
  • mrsmolisee
    mrsmolisee Posts: 11
    Options
    My kids arent teens yet (which in dreading for that day to come) I have all girls 3 of them and the drama I deal with now with them im sure will put me in my grave early! Im more the one who criea saying why me? Lol.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am dreading the teenage years. My almost eight yearold daughter as had a hard couple of weeks at school. Full of stress and her teacher is going to ask for advice on what we all can do to help. What's even harder is she is pretty smart kid academically. She tries so hard.

My always said that as a coach , 7-8 year old girls were really hard work. He coached race walkers and used to hand them on to another coach when they hit 13 lol.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a very good option!!
    my husband and I are doing something similar with my stepdaughter
    ...because we won't let her sign up for two sports that conflict with practice AND game times, yet she's convinced "she can handle it".

Why does your teenager cry?

And is there a black market where I can sell mine?
    Let her sign up for the sports but, make her sign a contract with you that she WILL NOT QUIT and, she will also keep up on school/church/chores, ect.
    Explain that the contract is a binding form and failure to honor the contract will result in forfiture of stuff like phones, television, ect.
  • ink_b1tch
    ink_b1tch Posts: 101
    Options

You're not nearly as charming or witty as you think you are.

I second that motion! I have 3 girls ranging from 19 to 10, I would turn into a she-wolf or something if you came sniffing around
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

I have low morals, but that was too low. Pedophilia is always hilarious, right? Wrong.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids, and reading this just made my tubes tie themselves. lol My parents got lucky with me, I was never dramatic to the point my dad asked me if I cared about anything. I do, I just don't get riled up about anything unless it has to do with my loved ones getting hurt or screwed over.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    ...because we won't let her sign up for two sports that conflict with practice AND game times, yet she's convinced "she can handle it".

Oh man. Tell her to relax a little and enjoy life. Let me guess, all AP or honors classes with a need for a 4.0 GPA?

Tell her to knock it off or one day she'll end up with mono and miss a whole month of senior year.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 year old, and you guys are scaring me.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 year old, and you guys are scaring me.

Having gone though one teenager, currently dealing with another, and a third waiting in the wings, all I can say is.....

GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL HAVE YOUR SANITY! :laugh:
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

I have low morals, but that was too low. Pedophilia is always hilarious, right? Wrong.

I am curious as to how pedophilia was ascertained. Scumbag profile says 18 years old, OP says teenager, but not a specific age.
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've lived with adjudicated teen girls, now I have two of my own. One is a few weeks from being 19, the other is 14. Don't believe the hype. They are no more or less crazy during the teen years than at any other time. The house rules are still the house rules. With extra rights and privileges come more responsibilities. I'm still "the boss of you." It's not always a nightmare.

I was expecting mayhem, but it's been fine. Way more fun than I was expecting. They help more, we can have adult conversations, I have more freedom and so do they. It's an honor and a privilege to see them turning into the people they are becoming.
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've lived with adjudicated teen girls, now I have two of my own. One is a few weeks from being 19, the other is 14. Don't believe the hype. They are no more or less crazy during the teen years than at any other time. The house rules are still the house rules. With extra rights and privileges come more responsibilities. I'm still "the boss of you." It's not always a nightmare.

I was expecting mayhem, but it's been fine. Way more fun than I was expecting. They help more, we can have adult conversations, I have more freedom and so do they. It's an honor and a privilege to see them turning into the people they are becoming.

Finally, someone else who has enjoyed the teen years. I have three boys, 21, 16 and 16. Every year has had its challenges and rewards. But every has been more fun than the previous. And when you can start talking with them as adults about shared experiences? The best! :heart:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I don't have teenagers....yet. My oldest is 10 and he's already starting with the drama. Not looking forward to it. :sad:

Ha! I have a two-year-old and a four-year-old. Last night there were two incidents of slammed doors and screams of "You aren't my friend" in under an hour.

Waiting for the black market website URL.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Mines 13 that probably wouldn't look good on your resume...

I have a 13 year old as well and man is she giving me a run for my money! lol
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I don't understand. Why would either team want someone who can't possibly show up as often as they should because of the conflicts? Seems like she's going to end up kicked off of one, or both, teams.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

My 14 year old was crying for the same reason, she runs XC and plays soccer. Practices we can handle, she did it last year goes from XC at 5:30 to soccer at 6:00. Games started to become a problem because of meets. This year she had to pick, her XC Coach is in heaven she gave up soccer for XC (which shocked me). However, she informed him that if she makes the HS soccer team, he will not see her for track season.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    As someone who has taught in that age group, all I can say is, I called my mother to apologize after less than a month of working with 14YO girls.

LOL amen!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Tell her that this is a lesson in growing up. She has to make a choice, and then live with it.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    I love it, yesterday a whole thread of people saying how great having children is , then today people talking about how ****ty they are.