What grinds your gears

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    For all of the cyclist haters that don't think bikes should be on the road or whatever...it's too bad what you think...a bicycle is a vehicle and has every legal right to the road. If you are frequently being accosted by cyclists then maybe you should examine your own behavior...because it is likely that you're the one with the issue, not the cyclists around you...it's likely that you are in fact being the douchenozzle.

Beyond that, do myself and everyone else on a bike a favor...while we might provide for a mild annoyance, your actions behind the wheel have the ability to kill and/or otherwise do great bodily harm. Don't let your disdain and ignorance result in one of these...

ghost_bike_1-w600h450.jpg

I know someone who had one of these erected for him...I also know his wife and three kids that were left behind. Share the friggin' road.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    For all of the cyclist haters that don't think bikes should be on the road or whatever...it's too bad what you think...a bicycle is a vehicle and has every legal right to the road. If you are frequently being accosted by cyclists then maybe you should examine your own behavior...because it is likely that you're the one with the issue, not the cyclists around you...it's likely that you are in fact being the douchenozzle.

Beyond that, do myself and everyone else on a bike a favor...while we might provide for a mild annoyance, your actions behind the wheel have the ability to kill and/or otherwise do great bodily harm. Don't let your disdain and ignorance result in one of these...

I know someone who had one of these erected for him...I also know his wife and three kids that were left behind. Share the friggin' road.

Yep I guess I was in the wrong for following the road rules and him being impatient.
  • laynerich15
    Options
    Its ok I am betting he will think twice before kicking someone's car next time.
  • cwolfman13
    Options

I see what you're saying. I guess I was being SUCH a prick for walking on that sidewalk.

Stop with the "bicyclists do no wrong and are only injured through no fault of their own 'cause cars are mean" whining. If you haven't seen cyclists ingoring traffic rules on a regular basis, you haven't been paying attention.

I didn't say cyclist could do no wrong...but there are far more douchnozzle drivers out there than cyclists as evidenced by numerous ghost bikes in my city.
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    Its ok I am betting he will think twice before kicking someone's car next time.

You're such a badass....
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to talk to your children, yes even narrating everything. It helps them develop language. And if they say something with incorrect pronunciation you are supposed to repeat back what they said the correct way. So yes, I used to talk to non-talking children all the time. It's fun. It's an awesome excuse to basically talk to yourself in public.

then go to places where it's socially acceptable to talk none stop.

libraries and movies should be immediately off your list of places you're going.

Movies weren't listed in the first post. Of course you don't talk to your children in a movie. And don't talk children to movies that are not appropriate for their age, or late in the evening. Libraries have kids sections with toys in them indicating that children are welcome and expected there. I wouldn't take them to a university library or anything. The main example was a fitting room. I see nothing wrong with talking to your children in a fitting room. How is it any different than talking on a cell phone?

Not that different. Both grind my gears. I guess the kid thing bugs me more because I feel like wow, why is this kid being forced to be "good" in the fitting room for twenty minutes?

Although, changing subjects slightly...there was a situation the other night when my husband and I were at Target and some woman had her cell phone on speaker and was walking around the housewares section with it at top volume. At first we actually thought a Target employee was accidentally having a conversation over the intercom...it was that loud. I felt for the person on the other end of the phone though, because they were alternately gossiping and crying a bit. What in the world!?

I'm a mom of three and if I can't go shopping to try on clothes on my own I don't go. Simply because 1. I shouldn't have to and 2. My child shouldn't have to be in that confined space for that long. They are kids...of course they don't want to sit there while mommy tries on umpteen million outfits. Even the most well behaved children can struggle with this.
  • laynerich15
    Options
    Yep I was wrong

cf05503f-59f1-4a98-9c32-2fb0751c563e.png
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Usually a lack of oil.

Just use spit. Cheaper and more effective.

We should probably pass this tidbit on to this sixout character that was referencing the need to clean his fleshlight. Sounds like some good advice, and may actually be whats nastifying his fleshlight.

That or he just doesnt pull out because his fleshlight is on the pill.

Ewwwwww! Why can't guys just use towels like we did in the old days? And fur coats.

.... or socks?

Are we talking soft and fluffy sports socks or dress socks? These things matter

You tell me. That's your specialty. I don't need any fancy things.... Well, sometimes I need a towel......

I :heart: fancy fluffy socks

Wow. That's so hot. Kik me and I'll tell you why I sometimes need a towel :love: :heart:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to talk to your children, yes even narrating everything. It helps them develop language. And if they say something with incorrect pronunciation you are supposed to repeat back what they said the correct way. So yes, I used to talk to non-talking children all the time. It's fun. It's an awesome excuse to basically talk to yourself in public.

then go to places where it's socially acceptable to talk none stop.

libraries and movies should be immediately off your list of places you're going.

Movies weren't listed in the first post. Of course you don't talk to your children in a movie. And don't talk children to movies that are not appropriate for their age, or late in the evening. Libraries have kids sections with toys in them indicating that children are welcome and expected there. I wouldn't take them to a university library or anything. The main example was a fitting room. I see nothing wrong with talking to your children in a fitting room. How is it any different than talking on a cell phone?

It's annoying as well.

And I think there is a difference between having a conversation with your child verses the patronizing voice you here so many parents talk to their children with... and yes- there is a difference.

And no - you should not be talking on the cell phone in a fitting room- or a bathroom- I understand if it's a quick- yes I'll be home for dinner- or take this or that out- or whatever... but it's the full blown conversations in the bathroom or fitting room that annoy me. Just because you CAN talk to people everywhere you go- does not mean you should.

And yes- I have severe IBS if you're on the phone in the bathroom.
  • laynerich15
    Options
    a bicycle is a vehicle and has every legal right to the road.

So how much do you pay for Registration and insurance?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Usually a lack of oil.

We should probably pass this tidbit on to this sixout character that was referencing the need to clean his fleshlight. Sounds like some good advice, and may actually be whats nastifying his fleshlight.

Ewwwwww! Why can't guys just use towels like we did in the old days? And fur coats.

.... or socks?

You tell me. That's your specialty. I don't need any fancy things.... Well, sometimes I need a towel......

Wow. That's so hot. Kik me and I'll tell you why I sometimes need a towel :love: :heart:

*sends newdz*
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Usually a lack of oil.

.... or socks?

*sends newdz*

*was not kidding :indifferent: *
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg

I will start.

Cyclists really grind my gears. either you follow the rules of cars or pedestrians- not both.

cyclists know that you follow the rules of cars if you're on the road...it's generally the lay rider that does not know what they're doing.

Mmmmmm I live in Toronto and would have to call BS.

sorry I am sure there are many that know the rules, but more often than not they are just arrogant

Knowing rules and following are two different things.

Most cyclists know the rules, few cyclists follow them.
  • cwolfman13
    Options

so, you're just completely ignorant of traffic law then? because having insurance has nothing to do with whether a bicycle is considered a vehicle...it is a non-motorized vehicle on any books I've ever looked at.

You're a piece of work...and obviously fairly ignorant.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    What grinds my gears...

is people who could care less about the speed they're driving until I try to pass them. Very frustrating, especially when I'm using my cruise control so I know I didn't slow down.

This x 1000.

Also, people who don't accelerate in the acceleration lane as they're getting on the freeway. It's 65 mph, not 35 mph.
  • laynerich15
    Options

so, you're just completely ignorant of traffic law then? because having insurance has nothing to do with whether a bicycle is considered a vehicle...it is a non-motorized vehicle on any books I've ever looked at.

Oh how so?... I pay to be on the road. I like where you ignored the part about registration

Have I hit a nerve champ?
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    When my boyfriend tries to talk to me from the other room, even after I've told him 3 times that I can't hear him, and then he gets butthurt lol.
  • cwolfman13
    Options

Oh how so?... I pay to be on the road

Have I hit a nerve champ?

so do I champ...these things called taxes and whatnot. I also own and operate a motor vehicle for which I pay insurance there champ...I just don't drive or ride like a prick.