• 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    What grinds your gears

"Attention Wh--res!!!"
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Being in a place that's supposed to be kind of quiet/serene, like a library or a fitting room at a nicer store, and someone's there with their young toddler who is fussy...but the KID is not my problem at all...even if they're whining and crying, I can block that out. It's the moms who have to VERY VERY LOUDLY narrate everything that is going on. "Cedar Rose, let Mommy just try on this black dress and then the polka dot dress and then we'll go to Starbucks. Cedar Rose don't sit on that. Cedar Rose pick that up. Cedar Rose, stop. Cedar Rose, Mommy is going to tuck your shirt back into your pants and then she's going to put this juice box away if you don't drink it ok sweetie?" Endless stream for fifteen minutes while I'm trying on jeans. Just stop.

lol, You don't have kids do you?

I have kids and when I have to reprimand them in the library, I do it quietly.
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Being in a place that's supposed to be kind of quiet/serene, like a library or a fitting room at a nicer store, and someone's there with their young toddler who is fussy...but the KID is not my problem at all...even if they're whining and crying, I can block that out. It's the moms who have to VERY VERY LOUDLY narrate everything that is going on. "Cedar Rose, let Mommy just try on this black dress and then the polka dot dress and then we'll go to Starbucks. Cedar Rose don't sit on that. Cedar Rose pick that up. Cedar Rose, stop. Cedar Rose, Mommy is going to tuck your shirt back into your pants and then she's going to put this juice box away if you don't drink it ok sweetie?" Endless stream for fifteen minutes while I'm trying on jeans. Just stop.

People who pull out 'you don't have kids, do you?' any time someone complains about someone not knowing that some places aren't appropriate for small children :flowerforyou:

I have a child and nieces/nephews-- they will not, should not and cannot act like that in public without me getting upset and embarrassed. I will be the first to admit that I have walked out of a store or restaurant and apologized to people for the way my child was behaving. And you're right some kids don't belong in certain places....
  • PMA140
    PMA140 Posts: 60
    Options

People who pull out 'you don't have kids, do you?' any time someone complains about someone not knowing that some places aren't appropriate for small children :flowerforyou:

I don't think libraries and fitting rooms are inappropriate places for small children.
    Some people take on an attitude that children should not be seen in public.

Sort of on that note, it grinds my gears when people insist on taking their dogs to inappropriate places.

ETA: my child is very well behaved and I would not allow it to be any other way. I do quietly explain to him what we are doing and how much longer it will take so I am sure I have been overheard having these types of conversations with him.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Usually a lack of oil.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    People that can't run with TV references due to being such adults.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    People who leave their shopping cart in a parking space instead of taking it to the cart corral things.

Walk an extra 20' you lazy *kitten*.
  • wheird
    Options
    Usually a lack of oil.

Just use spit. Cheaper and more effective.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Usually a lack of oil.

We should probably pass this tidbit on to this sixout character that was referencing the need to clean his fleshlight. Sounds like some good advice, and may actually be whats nastifying his fleshlight.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    When you get an email that the company started a new policy, effective today, but nothing is in place to make the new policy work.
  • wheird
    Options
    Usually a lack of oil.

We should probably pass this tidbit on to this sixout character that was referencing the need to clean his fleshlight. Sounds like some good advice, and may actually be whats nastifying his fleshlight.

That or he just doesnt pull out because his fleshlight is on the pill.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Usually a lack of oil.

Ewwwwww! Why can't guys just use towels like we did in the old days? And fur coats.
  • wheird
    Options
    Usually a lack of oil.

Ewwwwww! Why can't guys just use towels like we did in the old days? And fur coats.

I recently saw this Youtube video with a grapefruit...
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Usually a lack of oil.

.... or socks?
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    - leave two full car lengths between them and the car ahead of them at stop light. I often daydream of parallel parking in front them just for giggles.
    Rule of thumb: always be able to see the rear tires of the car in front when coming to and at a stop. This allows most vehicles enough room to maneuver evasively from potential threats approaching rear quarter.

I was going to say if you were ever hit in the rear at a stop light because you had no where to go because you were too close to the car in front of you, you would do this too. I usually leave at least 1/2 to a full car length.
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options

I have a child and nieces/nephews-- they will not, should not and cannot act like that in public without me getting upset and embarrassed. I will be the first to admit that I have walked out of a store or restaurant and apologized to people for the way my child was behaving. And you're right some kids don't belong in certain places....

The original complaint was about the parent not the kid - the ongoing narrative from the parent to the kid.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Literally just about anything. my bipolar and temper have so many triggers it isn't funny but here's a few. The volunteer dept who put the new siren right in the middle of everyone's houses instead of keeping it next to the fire station and the trailer park where most of them live. Parents who dunk their kids in hand sanitizer: this one psycho had it around her neck and every time her kids touched something she'd put it on their hands literally every time. It's no wonder kids have allergies, we've killed their immune systems.
    People in cities who think their beliefs match those in the rural part of the state. PA should be broken up in the middle. Doctors who obviously don't give a damn other than to make a buck off you and get annoyed when you don't trust them. Facebook: social media is killing modesty and morals.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Carpooling.

I am either a super social person or I shut everyone out telling them to eff off.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Just what kind of Gear Grind are we talking about here?

~someone needs to learn how to drive a stick shift~

OR

~Nope same rule applies again, just the stick shift changes~

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: