What grinds your gears

Options

Replies

• trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    People that spell lose (as in something they have lost) loose.
  • nursechelsii
    nursechelsii Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Retired congress people getting lifetime 6 figure "pensions" even if they only served one term.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Don't forget medical on the house.

Yessss and yessss! :mad:
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Guy at work using the "Oh are you losing weight?" to hit on me. I've been the same weight (well within 5 pounds) since I started this job in March. He didn't know me before I started and has no idea I have lost 130+ pounds. Drives me nuts! Probably more so since I was so heavy, I have issues with anyone commenting about my weight period much less using it to start up a conversation. :grumble:
  • summer144012
    Options
    When you walk into a clothing store and the sales clerk asks you "what brings you into the store today?" What??? Ummm...groceries? :noway:
  • nursechelsii
    nursechelsii Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Group texts.

that doesn't annoy me- what annoys me is the MASS of "reply all" via text or email- like seriously people? don't you under stand this?

Or when you text back and instead of staying in the group message it sends out individually, so you end up getting a ton of texts from random numbers like "Who is this?" C'mon! Isn't it obvious I was responding to a group text?!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg

I will start.

Cyclists really grind my gears. either you follow the rules of cars or pedestrians- not both.

cyclists know that you follow the rules of cars if you're on the road...it's generally the lay rider that does not know what they're doing.

They also shouldn't ride on narrow roads with no shoulder or a shoulder that is a 6 foot deep drainage ditch!! Cyclists also should not ride in groups of 40 in 3 abreast formation. They need to remember that a car will barely feel them as they bounce off our bumpers.

Agree fully on the 3 abreast, annoys me! Or the Cyclists that are out on a major road during rush hour slowing things down. I don't mind most of the time, but when I am trying to get to work on time....
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    People driving 15 mph under on a freeway, first of all, and then when five or six cars are doing that and that one guy who decides to go 14 under gets in the fast lane blocking you!!!!

I was just about to post something similar. Last weekend I got behind a guy going 50 in a 70 in the middle lane and got stuck for a few miles because traffic was too heavy in the lanes beside us to be able to pass. :explode:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Bad drivers
    Most teenagers
    Rap
    Reality TV
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg

I will start.

Cyclists really grind my gears. either you follow the rules of cars or pedestrians- not both.

cyclists know that you follow the rules of cars if you're on the road...it's generally the lay rider that does not know what they're doing.

A "lay rider" is still a cyclist. They are on a bike. AND THEY KNOW the rules (I will make exceptions for children obviously). They simply choose to be annoying.

I beg to differ...they are riders of bikes, not cyclists.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Group texts.

that doesn't annoy me- what annoys me is the MASS of "reply all" via text or email- like seriously people? don't you under stand this?

Or when you text back and instead of staying in the group message it sends out individually, so you end up getting a ton of texts from random numbers like "Who is this?" C'mon! Isn't it obvious I was responding to a group text?!

That exact problem. yes- that's the problem and it makes me crazy.

mass emails- old corworker sent one out to the small group of us (we are all same age-ish) and said WE"RE PREGNANT!

and EVERYONE hit reply all. So my fckign in box was flooded with CONGRATS.

my standard reply of "HIGH FIVE YOU CAN HAVE SEX!!!!!"I messaged separately.
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    What grinds your gears

Whiny cry baby MFP members...

giphy.gif
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    folks who cruise along, at the speed limit or below, in the left lane..

Ive traveled alot lately, trailer in tow and I wish people would understand..the left lane is for PASSING..not cruising!
    Totally agree with you on that, get to the right or get off the road!

yep! or a variation..cut me off..as Im trying to pass you..loaded down trailer with hay and sheep (which all probably cost 3 times what your little POS car does) and THEN proceed to slow down..
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg

I will start.

They also shouldn't ride on narrow roads with no shoulder or a shoulder that is a 6 foot deep drainage ditch!! Cyclists also should not ride in groups of 40 in 3 abreast formation. They need to remember that a car will barely feel them as they bounce off our bumpers.

Agree fully on the 3 abreast, annoys me! Or the Cyclists that are out on a major road during rush hour slowing things down. I don't mind most of the time, but when I am trying to get to work on time....

apparently it is the drivers who don't actually know the rules of the road...

share the road *****es and stop trying to clip me when you have plenty of room for your big *kitten* SUV to get through.
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg

I will start.

share the road *****es and stop trying to clip me when you have plenty of room for your big *kitten* SUV to get through.

Ive always had a weird urge, while passing a cyclist, to reach out and give their butt a nice pat..
    call me crazy..LOL
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg

I will start.

Ive always had a weird urge, while passing a cyclist, to reach out and give their butt a nice pat..
    call me crazy..LOL

If you ever see me out there, don't hesitate to do so :)
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg

I will start.

hmmmmm 3 riders side by side on a busy road is just arrogant.

I had a issue with one the other day. I was in the right hand lane setting up to turn right with my indicator on. a bike rider that was behind me was unhappy he couldn't get beside me on my right so hit the back of my car.

then in typical rider fashion got beside me and kicked my door and mouthed off.

This is not a one off either, it speaks to what I am speaking about
  • Genette38
    Genette38 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    OK, so first of all I had to google fleshlight. Sooo glad I did not do that at work! :laugh: And dishwasher?! Yuck! :sick:

I'm definitely in the group that hates motorists who don't use their indicators.

Today my pet peeve is stupid questions. My telephone conversation today went something like this:

Customer: I ordered a letter and I had an email 3 days ago to say that you'd posted it but it's not turned up.
    Me; I'm very sorry about that but once a letter leaves our office we have no way of tracking it.
    Customer: Oh, well can I come and collect it?
    Me: well no, because we posted it three days ago so we no longer have it :laugh: .

This is not an unusual conversation for our office, we have to do this every. single. day. :sad:
  • gardnerkennedy
    gardnerkennedy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg

I will start.

hmmmmm 3 riders side by side on a busy road is just arrogant.

I had a issue with one the other day. I was in the right hand lane setting up to turn right with my indicator on. a bike rider that was behind me was unhappy he couldn't get beside me on my right so hit the back of my car.

then in typical rider fashion got beside me and kicked my door and mouthed off.

This is not a one off either, it speaks to what I am speaking about

Were you in the bike lane?

I've had the opposite experience: I am riding in the right lane, the driver to my left decides he needs to turn now, looks at me, and makes the turn. Into me. Not fun.
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg

I will start.

call me crazy..LOL

If you ever see me out there, don't hesitate to do so :)

Yes, that would be fine...just keep your bumper to yourself.
  • feherd
    feherd Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What grinds my gears...

is people who could care less about the speed they're driving until I try to pass them. Very frustrating, especially when I'm using my cruise control so I know I didn't slow down.