What grinds your gears

Options
laynerich15
laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
grinds-my-gears11.jpg

I will start.

Cyclists really grind my gears. either you follow the rules of cars or pedestrians- not both.

Replies

• sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    The fact that fleshlights don't clean themselves.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg

I will start.

Cyclists really grind my gears. either you follow the rules of cars or pedestrians- not both.

cyclists know that you follow the rules of cars if you're on the road...it's generally the lay rider that does not know what they're doing.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg

I will start.

cyclists know that you follow the rules of cars if you're on the road...it's generally the lay rider that does not know what they're doing.

A "lay rider" is still a cyclist. They are on a bike. AND THEY KNOW the rules (I will make exceptions for children obviously). They simply choose to be annoying.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I grind my own gears. Still having trouble with the clutch :happy:
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options

Dishwasher fella - best invention ever (after bacon obviously)!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Why do you need to clean it? Are you sharing with others?
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    It's small, but extremely irritating.

I work in on a hospital switchboard, so we take both internal and external calls.

Someone calls specifically for a phone number, meaning they don't want me to transfer them, they want the actual number.

I've been here a long time, so I know most of the extensions and office numbers by heart.

I start to rattle off the number, and the person on the phone then says: "Oh, let me get a pen and piece of paper", proceeded by three minutes of rustling through drawers for paper, and trying six different pens before finding one that actually writes.

I've never actually screamed at someone for it, but this drives me insane. You called ME, specifically for a phone number, yet you're not ready when I give it to you? :explode:
  • laynerich15
    Options
    grinds-my-gears11.jpg

I will start.

Mmmmmm I live in Toronto and would have to call BS.

sorry I am sure there are many that know the rules, but more often than not they are just arrogant
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    People who have issues with cyclists.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options

Dishwasher fella - best invention ever (after bacon obviously)!

Oh dear. I thought the first person had made a typo... but the next comment proved me wrong.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    sand in bearings and spool races often gets mistaken for grinding gears, but most gear wear is caused by dropping the reel, particularly directly on the handle.

Usually "just using" a reel doesn't wear it significantly, particularly reels with brass gears (which is most reels).

Bouncing up and down on the boat can cause some, as can locking the drag and setting the hook to hard. Usually on the latter the fitting of the spool shaft with he pinion gear will get sloppy and the reel will "fail" on a hookset and the spool will actually spin accompanied by a grinding sound.

I'm always wary of buying used reels pictured with braid if my intended use for the reel is a retrieve bait (where retrieve smoothness is so important to your feel).
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    People driving 15 mph under on a freeway, first of all, and then when five or six cars are doing that and that one guy who decides to go 14 under gets in the fast lane blocking you!!!!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post, OP!

It reminded me that my third gear is in fact grinding and slipping on my bike and I need to take it in for repair.
  • laynerich15
    Options
    Thank you for this post, OP!

It reminded me that my third gear is in fact grinding and slipping on my bike and I need to take it in for repair.

No problem, I aim to please
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    My children both started to complain about bikers and kids playing near the roads in what seemed to me like mere minutes after they passed their driving tests. I thought it was amusing. I hope that they grow out of it.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Being in a place that's supposed to be kind of quiet/serene, like a library or a fitting room at a nicer store, and someone's there with their young toddler who is fussy...but the KID is not my problem at all...even if they're whining and crying, I can block that out. It's the moms who have to VERY VERY LOUDLY narrate everything that is going on. "Cedar Rose, let Mommy just try on this black dress and then the polka dot dress and then we'll go to Starbucks. Cedar Rose don't sit on that. Cedar Rose pick that up. Cedar Rose, stop. Cedar Rose, Mommy is going to tuck your shirt back into your pants and then she's going to put this juice box away if you don't drink it ok sweetie?" Endless stream for fifteen minutes while I'm trying on jeans. Just stop.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    A lack of oil. I hate that.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Group texts.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Retired congress people getting lifetime 6 figure "pensions" even if they only served one term.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Atlanta Falcon fans. :laugh: