Marry for Money not Love

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Damnit, I'm doing it wrong. Any sugar daddys out there that I can leave my loving husband for?

Love is over rated. Let me give you all of my money so you can have sex with the pool boy.

Wait... we're going to have a pool AND a pool boy? OK. I'm in.
  • phantasmagical
    phantasmagical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm holding out for perfection, which MAY include, but is not limited to, money, love, and great sex. Until then, I'm doing a pretty decent job of supporting myself. Also, marriage is overrated...if being married were my goal, I might have to re-think my approach to life in general.

Edited for typos.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Oh wait... I did marry for love the first time. That didn't go well... Damn it!! That's what I did wrong!!!
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    See I am with the OP saying don't marry a teacher... Right up until he said due to their income.
    *shakes head*
    Nope don't marry a teacher because... They're a teacher. :)

I would not want to be married to me, or any of the teachers I have ever worked with. :)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Also, you men folk should marry ugly women. They're better cooks.

Why are women's feet smaller?

So they can stand closer to the sink and the stove.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Damnit, I'm doing it wrong. Any sugar daddys out there that I can leave my loving husband for?

Love is over rated. Let me give you all of my money so you can have sex with the pool boy.

if I'm gonna need the pool boy to take care of my needs... then I'm out! :wink: :tongue:
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    There's some truth to what OP is sa.............
    3752304-8261840831-i1BEi.gif
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Does it have to be a pool BOY? I'm a strong swimmer. And I know how to put those chlorine tablet thingies in a basket.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    As bad as it sounds OP might be right based on what people actually do. Although in my own case, I think my wife married me for love initially but she's divorcing me for money.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well I married my husband for love and I make the money, so...
  • fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I know of great guys out there -- journalists, teachers, non-profit dudes -- who will probably make great dads. But I personally wouldn't wouldn't advise women pair up with them because, realistically, his salaries just wouldn't be enough to cut it for what they want out of life. But, but, but, "Bank accounts shouldn't matter at all!" And while I agree with that in theory, sorry, a man who can provide for a woman and their children is just much more attractive.

Right, women?

There are plenty of journalists, teachers, non-profit dudes - that are financially secure. The person that runs the non-profit farmer's market in my city makes $150K per year. The person that runs the NYC Marathon makes upwards of $500K. Just two examples of many.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Right.. I've had it "ALL" and had "Nothing".... the Nothing was a great growing experience....
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options

Does it have to be a pool BOY? I'm a strong swimmer. And I know how to put those chlorine tablet thingies in a basket.

You're hired.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Why can't a woman find both? Are these things necessarily mutually exclusive? Are wealthy men inherently unlovable, while less well-off men are the ultimate in lovey-dovey perfection?

I've known poor and rich *kitten*.....of course, they will tell you I am a self-centered witch with toooo high of expectations...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I have mixed feelings.

On one hand- I fought hard for where I am. and I can survive on my own- and I make it quit clear that I can.

But. I realize owning a house- and moving forward- can be tricky on one income. two incomes makes life much easier. And I also (having been there) realize *kitten* happens- you lose your job- or you aren't making enough b/c of down grades/weather whatever.

I refused to move forward with my BF until he was making solid reliable livable money- I pulled the plug at some point and said- i'm not doing it- get your chit together.

3 months separated we got back on the same page- he realized he needed to do more- and I needed to be more understanding.

But i would never marry someone with an unlivable income. I'm not all about the money- but I'm not being someone's sugar momma either- I have expensive *kitten* tastes- I can't afford to pay for his stuff and mine- we both have motorcycles- and I have an expensive hobby.

so yeah- money/work ethic/internal drive to be successful is a factor. It's not the be all end all- but it's something I consider.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    When I met my wife ( 18 years ago I was in line to move up the ladder to near $500.00/day... "IF we're getting married" she said.. "Your not doing that anymore for a living (detonating explosives at the time).. SO I quit... and found a job making $12/hour... talk about financial shock... I went from shopping for Armani and Valentino to thrift store finds in one fell swoop.... BUT You do what you need to.. and look for opportunities... now she does what she loves... and I just broke past that $100K mark...

I married for love... and she obviously wasn't into me for the money otherwise she would have been happy with my blowing *kitten* up :) and myself at some point I am sure.. and I am still worth more dead than alive :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Pffffttt..... Screw the pool boy, I'm sold! You're in.

Wait... don't screw the pool boy? Yeah, I think that's what I just decided.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    When I met my wife ( 18 years ago I was in line to move up the ladder to near $500.00/day... "IF we're getting married" she said.. "Your not doing that anymore for a living (detonating explosives at the time).. SO I quit... and found a job making $12/hour... talk about financial shock... I went from shopping for Armani and Valentino to thrift store finds in one fell swoop.... BUT You do what you need to.. and look for opportunities... now she does what she loves... and I just broke past that $100K mark...

I married for love... and she obviously wasn't into me for the money otherwise she would have been happy with my blowing *kitten* up :) and myself at some point I am sure.. and I am still worth more dead than alive :)

That's nice that it worked for you, but any woman that told me I couldn't do a job i liked doing, probably wouldn't be with me much longer.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Pffffttt..... Screw the pool boy, I'm sold! You're in.

Wait... don't screw the pool boy? Yeah, I think that's what I just decided.
    I got your pool boy right here...
    dunk.gif?w=500&h=222