MFP without friends

Options

Replies

• twikoff
    twikoff Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    ^points above. Take a breather, come back in a day and read that...and also realize that you are hijacking some guy's thread to rant about what's obviously your personal issues. Sorry for the derailment OP :(

you know.. i actually appreciate it
    i figure the idea of letting the social concept of the site in.. will include opening it up to hear peoples opinions on all subjects.. whether they are popular opinions or not.
    over time, my FL may be grow and get weeded down to just ones that I feel offer valuable contributions.. but I'm still open to hearing what anyone and everyone has to say..
  • twikoff
    Options
    Crap...they must have me confused with a dude as I am missing out on this moderator generated spam and/or sexism.

:laugh: Ill go out on a limb here and say noone is going to confuse you as a dude
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    ^points above. Take a breather, come back in a day and read that...and also realize that you are hijacking some guy's thread to rant about what's obviously your personal issues. Sorry for the derailment OP :(

i figure the idea of letting the social concept of the site in.. will include opening it up to hear peoples opinions on all subjects.. whether they are popular opinions or not.
    over time, my FL may be grow and get weeded down to just ones that I feel offer valuable contributions.. but I'm still open to hearing what anyone and everyone has to say..

I mean this in the most respectful possible way, but new fish/fresh meat
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    MFP is perfect for white, straight men who like to give everyone else their opinion, so if you fall into that category, you are in great luck. Unfortunately, it is the unofficial policy of the moderators and staff to reinforce sexism, and I have had moderators go so far as to send me spam via PM, knowing full well there is nothing I can do to stop receiving messages from designated users.

But apparently online communities are simply exaggerated versions of real life communities.

Not sure what this is all about. I love the social aspect of this site. I have met many awesome people here.
  • twikoff
    Options
    Huh? So you start here 100lbs overweight and over the years become a ripped beast and you're now supposed to leave? What kind of insane logic is that? It's MyFitnessPal, not MyFatnessPal. What is more encouraging than seeing all of the amazing successes people have had here? If all of the fit people left, who would be the motivation or inspiration?

i gave myfatnesspal a chance, but the mobile app here is much better
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

There's a lot of good and bad on here. Its actually on the tamer side for forums, so long as you keep your sense of humor in tact. And I actually have made real friends that I have met in real life here. There are also people who are just on my FL because I like seeing their workouts, or they asked me a question or whatever.
  • twikoff
    Options
    OP (and for any lurkers), here's the link to the Eat Train Progress group just in case.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

thats funny.. i clicked the link to check it out.. and it said i have been a member of that group since June 30, 2013..
    so i guess i was social, and didnt even know it
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    Mini-rant: why do people who are already cut and muscular and hot go on this site and flirt and post themselves shirtless or in a bikini? You've already WON! Go to facebook and do the online flirting / dating thing that I hear everyone else does there, not here. I thought this site was for fatties like me who want encouragement to get healthier, not to be social or flaunt my abs.

youre-ugly.jpg
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

There's a lot of good and bad on here. Its actually on the tamer side for forums, so long as you keep your sense of humor in tact. And I actually have made real friends that I have met in real life here. There are also people who are just on my FL because I like seeing their workouts, or they asked me a question or whatever.

It's a horrible place and death awaits you with nasty, big pointy teeth.

killer_rabbit_gif_by_renjikuchiki1-d3fjdsm_zps9da9a7a3.gif
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Maybe I'm into that, as much as I am into abs.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Crap...they must have me confused with a dude as I am missing out on this moderator generated spam and/or sexism.

:laugh: Ill go out on a limb here and say noone is going to confuse you as a dude

:flowerforyou:

Well, at least you have an entertaining Introduce Yourself thread.. Many get posted and kind of sizzle out.
  • twikoff
    Options

Well, that's no ordinary rabbit.
  • jms1739
    jms1739 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    UMM !! Wow! Ok. I for one was never in a "Clique" and I don't really consider this place to be like that. Yes there are people on here that post wittier and funnier things then I do, and defiantly look way hotter then me, Kudos to you that have worked hard on getting where you are, You look Marvelous. But it isn't going to deter me from being here. I enjoy reading about others goals and motivations and even tips that can be provided. I take away the things that I chose to.

I workout, and I eat right, I don't have the best advice but I can certainly be a motivator and a shoulder to lean on, because in my 46 years I have experienced some things .

If you want to add me great if you don't that is your choice I don't come to the forums just looking for friendship. Sometimes it is for reading funny stuff like what was on here. LOL I enjoyed some of the comments. And I am not one to stoke the fire and say things to just ruffle feathers.

My Husband used to competitive Body Build but I am no way even close to looking like I could compete. I know my way around a gym and can lift with the best of them, but I certainly don't claim to be an expert or the voice of reason.

Anyway. just had to add the two cents so to speak. Feel free to quote anything you like.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    OP (and for any lurkers), here's the link to the Eat Train Progress group just in case.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

thats funny.. i clicked the link to check it out.. and it said i have been a member of that group since June 30, 2013..
    so i guess i was social, and didnt even know it

MFP SABOTAGE! Oh wait...but...if it's in a good way is it still sabotage? :tongue: :laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    My Husband used to competitive Body Build but I am no way even close to looking like I could compete YET.

FIFY (Fixed it for you)

...unless that isn't a goal you want then that's cool too..just...trying to be...motivating and stuff and...<insert awkward moment>

OH LOOK! SARA'S ABS!
  • Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I have found some great advice on here & it has encouraged me to start lifting. I am getting over my fear of free weights and my muscles are starting to look great. I spend a lot of my free time at work on here even if I don't post I love reading what others do. Sure there can be some mean ppl on here but thats life, there are some great ones too. And who doesn't like to look at the hotties, they've worked hard, they should be able to show it off.
  • jms1739
    jms1739 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My Husband used to competitive Body Build but I am no way even close to looking like I could compete YET.

FIFY (Fixed it for you)

...unless that isn't a goal you want then that's cool too..just...trying to be...motivating and stuff and...<insert awkward moment>

OH LOOK! SARA'S ABS!

LOL Thanks for the motivational stuff. :smile:
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Just stopping by for the holy grail reference. Carry on.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:

Well, at least you have an entertaining Introduce Yourself thread.. Many get posted and kind of sizzle out.

Absolutely. And a variety of MFP's to test-drive as friends.