Poop

Options
12346»

Replies

• lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I eat these fiber one 90 calorie brownies and they have a lot of fiber but one time when I was on a cheat day I decided to eat the whole box of them, there was 7 of them in there....BIG MISTAKE.....I could have rocketed myself to the moon that night and for the next 12 hours.

Having one or two a day can help the flow of things, just don't over do it.
  • kateirving
    kateirving Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You could try stewed prunes and apricots
  • kateirving
    kateirving Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That is so funny
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    If you drink a hot drink followed immediately by a cold drink it can get things moving. I find all bran cereal works a treat too.
  • PrissyPisces
    PrissyPisces Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Fiber....fiber makes ya poop!

They+see+me+rollin+.+I+have+poop+on+me+because_667a47_4068005.jpg

This had me DYING! OMG! :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :sad: :laugh: :laugh:

I definitely agree with the fiber suggestions. I don't really drink coffee, so I don't know much about that. The fruits should be helping you, too. Try drinking some juice, if you don't mind the sugar. However, since you have IBS, you should definitely ask your doctor about this. Oh, and avoid consuming too much peanut butter or dairy.
  • StephanieKTerranova
    StephanieKTerranova Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I eat these fiber one 90 calorie brownies and they have a lot of fiber but one time when I was on a cheat day I decided to eat the whole box of them, there was 7 of them in there....BIG MISTAKE.....I could have rocketed myself to the moon that night and for the next 12 hours.

Having one or two a day can help the flow of things, just don't over do it.

Hahaha! The mental image of this has me dying! :)
  • rachelilly
    Options
    I've dealt with IBS most of my life. I find that Magnesium Citrate and a probiotic are my perfect combo. I use Nature Made Magnesium Citrate (500 mg) and a multi-strain probiotic every night. Since I started this, my digestive issues have really become much easier to predict and regulate.

Still, since you're on meds, I would suggest speaking with a doctor--the meds they have you on may not be the right ones for your body and other options would help. Plus, you'd want to be sure that anything you would try (supplement wise) would be okay with what you're currently taking.

This exactly.
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    how can i train my body to poop every morning? im taking align probiotics, drinking a HUGE fruit and veggie packed smoothie every day with added fibre supplement, and about 1/2cup 90% lactose free probiotic yogurt, and im still not pooping daily. whyyy?

I've had the same problem, I've always drank a lot of water but i try to drink more if i feel bloated or cant go for a few days, eventually i end up 'popping' because my body cant take anymore water :laugh:
  • julesg100
    julesg100 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would definitely talk to your doc about your irregularity. I am on various meds and I think they mess with my digestion. Several years ago, I decided to go to a naturopath and she put me on a dairy-free, gluten-free diet. I noticed that when I was off gluten, I was going regularly, but when I added it back, I got a bad rash on my forearms and my digestion slowed down also and I could be backed up for a few days. I am also hypothyroid and that can slow things down. Some things that work for me are: taking magnesium at night before bed, prunes and Culturelle probiotic. After I started taking this probiotic, I saw a difference.
  • brockak
    brockak Posts: 8
    Options
    hehe...we're talking about poop. hehe </Beavis and Butthead>

I haven't read the whole thread, so this may have already been said, but I'll bet my bottom dollar it hasn't. As such, check it: do "breath of fire" for 11 minutes.

Breath of fire: inhale/exhale rapidly as though hyperventilating but through the nose without break. At first, before you're accustomed to this, you'll break. That's okay. Just pick back up and continue. It's great if you can sit on the ground with upright posture while doing this. Repeat for 11 minutes. (Once you achieve 11 minutes, 22 minutes is the next goal.)

It will get things moving. More, it's excellent for many other mental and health purposes. You will feel everything in your body wake up - including your digestive tract.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water as well? I read recently that if you eat lots of fiber but not enough water, it still may not have the effect of reducing constipation, if that is what's going on here. If you're still going every few days and it is a 'normal' poop for you, might just be because you're eating 1200 calories.
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I did not read all of the replies on this thread, but many. Are you drinking enough water?
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Maybe she should drink some more water. ;)
  • Diva_79
    Diva_79 Posts: 66
    Options
    I have a problem with being relaxed. like a really big one. i suffer from multiple mental illnesses. I also have IBS that this effects. when im away from home sometimes i go a week without pooping, or else have terrible diarrhea. sorry for TMI.

This might be a bad idea and very controversial but I did a 7 day JUICE FAST with the help of a nutritionist and that really improved my pooping.... I got the idea from Fat Sick and Nearly Dead

I was constipated again last week but that is because I quit drinking coffee. Now I'm OK again THANK GOD
  • pkiessig
    pkiessig Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    "OH! I almost forgot. You should check out the FODMAPS diet online. It really helped me figure out how to get more regular and what was making my IBS flare up. Foods higher in sugars are harder on the gut. It lists all the fruits and veggies and grains and where they fall on digestability. Very helpful."

I second this! I went on the SCD diet and it helped immensely. You may want to find a chiropractor or naturopath who understands gut health - there is a huge link between gut health and brain health and taking care of your gut may give you some relief for the mental issues as well. Good luck!!!