Anyone taking Adipex (Phentermine)?

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• ccesq73
    Options
    I started taking Phentermine about ten days ago at my doctor's recommendation. (She said she didn't see much progress in her progress taking Belviq which is much more expensive. I paid $21 for the Phentermine at Sam's Club). I took half the dosage for the first eight days. I experienced dry mouth, headaches and horrible insomnia. I'm no longer able to sleep for more than four hour at a time. After the first week, during which I lost 3.8 pounds, all of the symptoms except the insomnia began to fade. I didn't have the energy to exercise during the first week but I've been able to go walking twice this week. I'm on day two of the full dose and I definitely note my heart racing at times. Other than that I feel pretty much the same as I did on the half dose. I don't know if I'd say I'm hungry any less often. I do feel satisfied after consuming less food.

The decision to take weight loss medication wasn't something I took lightly. I believe in doing it the old fashioned. However, I was within three pounds of my goal weight on Weight Watchers when my thyroid stopped working. I was subsequently diagnosed with PCOS. I've also had problems with elevated prolactin even though I've never been pregnant. For years I couldn't lose weight no matter how little I ate or how much I worked out. At one point I had a personal trainer twice per week and I still couldn't lose weight. I became discouraged and lost hope. Once that happened, I start regaining the weight. Although I'm taking medication to trick my endocrine system into cooperating, I'm sticking with what worked for me in the past. I rejoined Weight Watchers the same day I started the medication. I have no intention of taking phentermine beyond the recommended three months. I want to make sure I'm in a position to maintain a healthy lifestyle once I'm no longer taking it.
  • skinnyjenny82
    Options
    ccesq73 wrote: »
    I started taking Phentermine about ten days ago at my doctor's recommendation. (She said she didn't see much progress in her progress taking Belviq which is much more expensive. I paid $21 for the Phentermine at Sam's Club). I took half the dosage for the first eight days. I experienced dry mouth, headaches and horrible insomnia. I'm no longer able to sleep for more than four hour at a time. After the first week, during which I lost 3.8 pounds, all of the symptoms except the insomnia began to fade. I didn't have the energy to exercise during the first week but I've been able to go walking twice this week. I'm on day two of the full dose and I definitely note my heart racing at times. Other than that I feel pretty much the same as I did on the half dose. I don't know if I'd say I'm hungry any less often. I do feel satisfied after consuming less food.

The decision to take weight loss medication wasn't something I took lightly. I believe in doing it the old fashioned. However, I was within three pounds of my goal weight on Weight Watchers when my thyroid stopped working. I was subsequently diagnosed with PCOS. I've also had problems with elevated prolactin even though I've never been pregnant. For years I couldn't lose weight no matter how little I ate or how much I worked out. At one point I had a personal trainer twice per week and I still couldn't lose weight. I became discouraged and lost hope. Once that happened, I start regaining the weight. Although I'm taking medication to trick my endocrine system into cooperating, I'm sticking with what worked for me in the past. I rejoined Weight Watchers the same day I started the medication. I have no intention of taking phentermine beyond the recommended three months. I want to make sure I'm in a position to maintain a healthy lifestyle once I'm no longer taking it.

Have you checked with your doctor? My doctor checked my thyroid before starting me on Phentermine because he said it probably wouldn't work if something was wrong with the thyroid. Just a thought... all doctors are different though.

• patriciabrooks92351
    Options
    I started phentermine 4 days ago and when I quickly weighed myself at work today, 12lbs!! Are you kidding me. You mean to tell me I had that much water weight in me? I am a nurse and always tend to have swelling at the end of my shifts but I did not realize how much. So when I dressed for work today and my scrubs and shoes were all looser, I knew I had to have made a change. I am sticking to a 1200 cal diet and keeping with my basic routine, will kick it up a notch next week. Have to remember to drink more. But I tell you, if I did not force myself to eat, I simply could be good just not eating again. I am trying to see if that wears off a bit, if not I will half to cut my dosage down. I am attempting for long term and not just a crazy drop.
  • che5130
    che5130 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i'M just curious how many of the happy with adipex phentermine people in here actually tried weight loss thru calorie counting first?

also i'm curious why you are on a cal counting site if you have a pill that is responsible for your weight loss? if said pill makes it so hard to eat even 1,000 cals does that not negate the need for cal counting.

just curious. not a meanie.

Using this pill is only temporary, a person still needs to learn to eat right. Phentermine works best with exercise and a low calorie diet. Otherwise, after the 12 weeks, you will gain all the weight back plus more.