may 15 MFP runner's club

Options
13»

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Okay Running Friends I am off to the gym! See you later with progress post!!

Happy Running! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Good luck!!

You're making me feel guilty for my planned laziness & sloth tonight though, missy!! :grumble:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Okay Running Friends I am off to the gym! See you later with progress post!!

Happy Running! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Good luck!!

You're making me feel guilty for my planned laziness & sloth tonight though, missy!! :grumble:

SORRY!! :cry:

I go on vacation in 10 days, i am very motivated right now!! more about that tomorrow!! :drinker:
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    So do most of you run every day? Is there any BAD side to running just about everyday? I was thinking about getting up earlier in the morning so I could run then and not take up so much of my precious evening time, but maybe go twice a day when hubby wants to go. Is there such a thing as "too much" running when you're only doing about 30 minutes at a time?
  • Shannon023
    Options
    So do most of you run every day? Is there any BAD side to running just about everyday? I was thinking about getting up earlier in the morning so I could run then and not take up so much of my precious evening time, but maybe go twice a day when hubby wants to go. Is there such a thing as "too much" running when you're only doing about 30 minutes at a time?

I'd say listen to your body when you're first starting out. It will let you know if you're pushing it too much. :smile:

I don't run every day, probably 3X/week, but I'd like to increase that to 4X. Hubby works graveyard a couple times a week & it's difficult logistically sometimes to watch our daughter.

That and I'm a lazy sack of {{eh-hem}} sometimes. :laugh:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    today was an very very very easy run only a half mile or so on the treadmill cause It was 6 am and yesterday was the tough run, so I took well advantage and did an hour of circuiting on the machines, gotta get my body rockin as well as my heart rockin!!!! I was gonna run after work but I try to allow thursdays to be an easy but not a rest day...I am NOT making excuses I swear!!! I do a double shift at work and am beat after the fact!!! I gotta 4 miler tommorrow...I am gonna do it!!!!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    I haven't posted to this "club" yet. Although I've been running 5miles (or more) on my treadmill 4 or 5 times a week for the last year. I still have that huffing, puffing girl running (mostly walking) the mile around the track in PE class. Anyways......
    I took my two year old out for a bike ride this morning in a trailer, but wanted to burn a few more calories, so I ran three miles this afternoon.....WHOOPEEEEE. Oh and Shannon....I'm right there with you on TOM!

I also have a question......Does height affect the length of your stride? I think this is a dumb question, because obviously it would, but I guess I just want some confirmation. I can run at 6mph, but anything beyond that is pushing it for me. I can run comfortably between 5-5.5mph. I'm 5'2. Let me know what y'all think.

TOOT TOOT!
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    3 miles in the freaking rain and it was cold and today sucked and I want to eat the BIG FAMILY SIZE of Reese's cups, but I will refrain,
    "Today was a rotten, terrible, horrible, no good very bad day":grumble: :tongue:
    You all are MY heros for running today and being in a good mood:smile:
    BTW, I just figured out what TOM stands for9Geez I'm an idiot, and apparently not down with the internet slang:laugh: )
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    3 miles in the freaking rain and it was cold and today sucked and I want to eat the BIG FAMILY SIZE of Reese's cups, but I will refrain,
    "Today was a rotten, terrible, horrible, no good very bad day":grumble: :tongue:
    You all are MY heros for running today and being in a good mood:smile:
    BTW, I just figured out what TOM stands for9Geez I'm an idiot, and apparently not down with the internet slang:laugh: )

I AM SO DARN PROUD OF YOU - I COULD JUST CRY!!:sad:

Running in less than optimal condition stinks! You deserve the medal of honor today!!! :flowerforyou:

p.s. I got the Alexander reference!! :wink:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Hi all.
    I haven't posted to this "club" yet. Although I've been running 5miles (or more) on my treadmill 4 or 5 times a week for the last year. I still have that huffing, puffing girl running (mostly walking) the mile around the track in PE class. Anyways......
    I took my two year old out for a bike ride this morning in a trailer, but wanted to burn a few more calories, so I ran three miles this afternoon.....WHOOPEEEEE. Oh and Shannon....I'm right there with you on TOM!

I also have a question......Does height affect the length of your stride? I think this is a dumb question, because obviously it would, but I guess I just want some confirmation. I can run at 6mph, but anything beyond that is pushing it for me. I can run comfortably between 5-5.5mph. I'm 5'2. Let me know what y'all think.

TOOT TOOT!

Welcome to the Club!! We are having a great time and everyone has been super duper motivated and supportive - we hope you post daily!! I look forward to hearing about your running fun!

I think that question on stride is a good one - I unfortunately don't have an answer but I hope someone will! if not, then its off to the internet for lots of research!! :laugh:
  • Doozie
    Doozie Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to this site. I run 3 or 4 times a week. Look forward to sharing with all!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Okay! I win the................ Idiot of the Day Award!! :drinker:

i get to the gym with 15 minutes to spare for my Body Pump class and I look in my bag and guess what? - NO SNEAKERS!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Many bad bad words were said out loud!!

So I look across the street and make a mad dash for *hangs her head in shame* K-Mart!!

I quickly buy a $15 pair of sneakers - and boy do you get what you pay for !! Rush back to the gym and make it in time for my class!

I have to tell you, in another time and place - I would have bagged it and gone home! Times they are a changing! and I am now a proud owner of a cheap pair of sneakers that will look great while gardening - because they are CRAP!!:laugh:

I completed the class and then due to the sneaker issue opt for the elliptical to be fair to my feet and legs - did 30 minutes at approx 6mph.

Now I have to go and eat 400 more calories !! :mad:

xxoo Trish
  • Shannon023
    Options
    mk & pm~

Ya'll are awesome for getting out there!!! :drinker:

Today...hasn't been good for me...but tomorrow will be better!! :wink:

Hugs/Kisses/Puppies & Bunnies!! :smooched:

Shannon
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    mk & pm~

Ya'll are awesome for getting out there!!! :drinker:

Today...hasn't been good for me...but tomorrow will be better!! :wink:

Hugs/Kisses/Puppies & Bunnies!! :smooched:

Shannon

The Sun will come out tomorrow, betch your bottom........hee hee bottom!! :laugh: dollar that tomorrow, there'll be RUN!
  • mkeithley
    Options

i get to the gym with 15 minutes to spare for my Body Pump class and I look in my bag and guess what? - NO SNEAKERS!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Many bad bad words were said out loud!!

So I look across the street and make a mad dash for *hangs her head in shame* K-Mart!!

I quickly buy a $15 pair of sneakers - and boy do you get what you pay for !! Rush back to the gym and make it in time for my class!

I have to tell you, in another time and place - I would have bagged it and gone home! Times they are a changing! and I am now a proud owner of a cheap pair of sneakers that will look great while gardening - because they are CRAP!!:laugh:

I completed the class and then due to the sneaker issue opt for the elliptical to be fair to my feet and legs - did 30 minutes at approx 6mph.

xxoo Trish
    LMAO!!!!
    Sorry pm, not being mean:happy:
    Your story sounded like one of my stories, nice to know it happens to others besides myself
    Wondering how long your new gardening shoes are going to make it:laugh: :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

xxoo Trish
    LMAO!!!!
    Sorry pm, not being mean:happy:
    Your story sounded like one of my stories, nice to know it happens to others besides myself
    Wondering how long your new gardening shoes are going to make it:laugh: :laugh:

Oh, I give them about.....they are already in the trash!!!! :laugh:

So tomorrow we start the 'shyt for brains' challenge!! :drinker:
  • mkeithley
    Options

Oh, I give them about.....they are already in the trash!!!! :laugh:

So tomorrow we start the 'shyt for brains' challenge!! :drinker:
    Oh, it is ON!!!!
    "Let's get ready to stumble, I mean rumble":laugh: :laugh:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Ok...here I sit on the couch in my running shorts and jersey, running shoes on and tied, HM on and ready to begin... unfortunately, the weight in my rearend seems to have glued me to the cushion and my mind can't overcome the enormous pull of gravity!! I really am going to get moving here, I have just been sick the last couple of days with a nasty stomach cramping and the wonderful side effects that come along with those symptoms!:noway I am totally afraid that if I go running I will be half way in my run and suddenly have loose bowel syndrome!! :tongue: UGH!!!

If I don't report back sometime today stating that I ran at least 3 miles at a maximum of 9 min/miles then you all need to gang up on me!!! That will motivate me!

thanks!
    22896.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Ok as promised I did a short run just something to get my heart a pumping. I think next time the canine stays behind he was like a kid fascinated by everything. He would try to run in thew opposite direction he would just be a MO-RON and after I am soaked to the bone after 25 or so minutes of a gentle run I turned it in. I always try to make fridasy my REST FROM EVERYTHING DAY, but damn me i get movin somehow