YAYW - smoking hot Brides to Be!

Options
Hi everyone,
I thought I'd start a thread on the forums for everyone from the YAYW website. If you comment on here, you will be able to find this thread easily under your "My Topics" button!

We can keep each other accountable and post our losses over the coming weeks.

Weigh in day is Friday, I believe?

So, I'm hoping to lose 9lbs more and then I'll see how I feel....I may then reset my goals...my tummy is such a problem area :grumble:

Let's do this :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, also forgot to mention!!

Any other brides to be out there...feel free to join up!! :flowerforyou:

My Starting weight - 192lbs
    My Current weight - 150lbs
    My Goal weight - 140lbs

I'm getting married on the 5th November 2011 :flowerforyou:
  • Bzbear2
    Bzbear2 Posts: 109
    Options
    i'm a newlywed and going for the 1-year-anniversary hotness :)

BEST OF LUCK and CONGRATULATIONS
  • Pal1981
    Options
    What a lovely idea, all brides reunited!!!

:)

xx
  • MaylanK
    Options
    Uhm... I don't actually own scales, so I'll have to guestimate :D
  • beadyjules
    Options
    Hi,

i'm a bride to be (13th July 2012) but not from the site you've come form. I hope you don't mind me joining in?

I've only started my fitness plan this week & after 2 days i've come down with a cold & feel rotten but fingers crossed i'll soon be better & able to get on with getting fit for the big day!

Jules x
  • MrsYorke
    Options
    I got married in August and lost a stone for that, but the pounds are creeping back on. I am hoping all the lovely ladies will be able to help me to maintain the weight loss, and lose even more weight :-D

Hello to everyone!!
    x
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i'm getting married in april :) can i join on in?
  • KittyKat_Sammi
    Options
    Hi Girls,

We are yet to name our date, but we are hopeful of a 2012 wedding. I am hoping to get down to 140lbs 9 maybe even 136lb) by mid spring and then maintain.

So hope you don't mind me joining, I have used Sparkpeople - but prefer the exercise and food charts on here.

As I am pretty new, if anyone wants to add me as a friend please feel free, but good luck to you and congrats on an newby brides x x
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    This is great! I got married last year and I really wish I would have found this site before then. I got married in a size 18 and I look at my pictures i paid $1200 for and I hate the way I look in them. I hope all of you reach your goals and have a beautiful wedding and pictures you are happy with. :)
  • haileemou
    Options
    Hi Wifeys and Brides to be :)

I have my wedding dress a size 14 i can get into it and just zip it up but i need to lose 1 stone minmum for it to fit perfectly, i want to keep my curves but be comfortable......

I need to lose weight for medical reason also

Im praying this site is my motivation and i can reach my goals and create new ones!

Thanks for the introduction Ms_Natalie
  • Ms_Natalie
    Options
    Of course you can all join...the more the merrier! :flowerforyou:

Lovely pic lily!!

I'm off out shopping now for a nice cream bag ready for my cousins wedding...last minute natalie :wink:

Will catch up with you all later!

I'm going to try and get some sit ups in tonight...don't know if my achilles is ready for me to jog on yet...will find out next week.

Maybe we can arrange a database with our progress in?? However, if you don't want to share your starting weights...that is absolutely fine! :flowerforyou:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Options
    bump...
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    Morning all! Damn cat woke me up at 4.30am and I can't get back to sleep grr. I might struggle over the next couple of days, with two three-course lunches on the trot, but I'm planning salad for dinner tonight and plenty of exercise over the weekend so I will have to keep you posted. Lunch tomorrow is at our wedding venue- we call it quality control but any excuse really, their food is truly fantastic. I'll try and stick to lighter options both today and tomorrow and I'll have to have a guess at the calories. Will keep you updated!
  • Bzbear2
    Bzbear2 Posts: 109
    Options
    Hi all! sound like everyone is doing well - keep the wedding updates coming, I love to hear about the planning since now I am "done"

BTW, if you're looking for a really awesome, sane resource for wedding planning advice, I love the blog "A Practical Wedding" - http://www.apracticalwedding.com

Did everyone have a good thanksgiving thursday?
  • Ms_Natalie
    Options
    Afternoon everyone! Havn't weighed yet because H2B is sleeping and my weighing scales are over my mothers! I had to put them there a few months ago after weighing myself everyday...bad obsession!

Going to have stew this evening...will post my weight later...although I'm not feeling like i've lost anything this week!
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    No weighing for me today I'm afraid- we bottled out of the gym having been up since stupid-o-clock. Have been good with the eating though, and will measure everything tomorrow so I have something to watch! Hope your weigh-in goes well- and have a great weekend. Speak to you later! x
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    As promised I have been looking out some super-healthy recipes, the majority between 300-400 cals per serving. Will type them up on here over the next few days rather than add to the recipe database as some of the measures are a bit odd on there. Mostly we make recipes up or borrow them from magazines etc. I'll try and give credit where it's due for each. Here goes!

Moroccan Spiced Veg with Halloumi- from Tesco Magazine Nov-Dec 2010
    Good veggie main or side dish :o)

300 calories
    9g sugar
    23g fat
    10g saturates
    1.8g salt

Serves 4- prep 10 mins- cooking 35 mins. Cost £1.37 per serving.

1tsp cayenne pepper
    2tsp ground cumin
    2tbsp tomato puree
    2 limes
    3tbsp olive oil
    2 red, yellow or orange peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
    2 small courgettes, sliced crossways
    1 small aubergine, cut into chunks
    1 red onion, sliced into wedges
    2 garlic cloves
    200g halloumi, thickly sliced
    50g green olives

Preheat the oven to gas mark 6, 200 degrees C, 180 degrees C (fan). Mix together the cayenne, cumin, tomao puree, juice of 1 lime, and oil. Place the peppers, courgettes, aubergine, onion and garlic in a roadting tin and drizzle with the mixture.

Add the squeezed lime halves to the tin. Roast for 20-25 mins or until the veg is golden and tender.

Ad the halloumi and olives and cook for a further 10 minutes, until he halloumi is golden. Squeeze over the juice from the other lime just before serving.

Lily I saw this one and thought of you with the halloumi and all! Enjoy everyone. I'll add some more in a bit :)
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    From the same magazine!

Quick Kedgeree with Poached Eggs

Serves 6, easily- prep time 10 mins- cooking time 15-18 mins- cost 74p per serving

260 calories
    1g sugar
    8g fat
    2.5g saturates
    1.4g salt

200g long grain rice
    375g smoked haddock fillets
    15g butter
    half an onion, finely chopped
    2tsp mild korma curry paste
    half a red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
    small handful fresh parsley, chopped
    half a lemon, juiced
    4 eggs

Cook the rice in boiling salted water according to packet instructions.

Meanwhile, put the haddock in a frying pan with just enough water to cover. Bring to simmering point, then simmer for 2-3 minutes until tender. Or cook in a microwave for 2-3 minutes. Drain, skin and flake the haddock.

Melt the butter in a saucepan. Fry the onion over a low heat until tender, then add the curry paste and chilli (if using) and cook for 1-2 mins. Add the cooked rice and fish. Season well. Stir over a moderate heat for 5 mins until hot, then stir in the parsley and lemon juice.

Meanwhile, boil the eggs for about 6 mins, drain and cool under running water. Shell the eggs, quarter and arrange on top of the kedgeree to serve.
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    Pork Steaks with Apples, Sage and Cider

From the Morrisons Magazine, Sep-Oct 2010

Serves 4- prep 10 mins- cooking 40 mins- can be frozen.

282 calories
    10.8g sugar
    8,9g fat
    2.4g saturates
    0.3g salt

1tbsp sunflower oil
    4 boneless pork loin steaks
    250g whole shallots, peeled
    2 red skinned apples, cored and sliced
    300ml cider
    2tbsp fresh sage, chopped

Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and cook the pork steaks for 5 min per side until lightly browned.

Add the shallots to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes, until they begin to colour.

Then add the apple slices, cider and sage, and season to taste. Simmer for 25 minutes over a low to medium heat, stirring gently from time to time, until the juices reduce and the chops are cooked through and covered wih a syrupy glaze.

Serve with sauteed potatoes or fluffy mash and a green veg such as savoy cabbage :)
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    Black Bean and Chorizo Soup

From Olive Magazine, November 2010

Serves 2- prep and cooking 30 minutes- easy

304 cals
    16.3g protein
    33.5g carbs
    12.5g fat
    4.1g saturates
    8.6g fibre
    3.6g salt

Half a red pepper and half a yellow pepper, finely diced and mixed together
    50g hard chorizo, cubed
    1 small red onion, chopped
    3 cloves garlic, chopped
    1tsp hot smoked paprika
    1tsp ground cumin
    1 400g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 lime, juiced, plus extra wedges to serve
    500ml vegetable stock

Heat a large saucepan and add the chorizo. Cook until crisp, then remove.

Reserve 1tbsp of the red/yellow pepper mix for garnish.

Add the onion, remaining pepper and garlic to the original pan, season and cook for 8 mins. Add the paprika, cumin, beans, crisped chorizo, lime juice and veg stock. Cook for 15 mins, and season again if needed. Serve in large bowls with the reserved pepper on top.