YAYW - smoking hot Brides to Be!

Options

Replies

• beadyjules
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is well, I've not managed to log on in a while as work has been manic & i've been made up with cold & feeling sorry for myself. The heathy eating went a little off the rails at the weekend as although we booked our wedding a few weeks ago my partner suprised me on Sunday by getting down on one knee & proposing officially with not one but two engagement rings!!! (he couldn't decide whech i'd like best so bought me both!) Que lots of champagne & a meal out with my parents :)

I'm not going to be too hard on myself for the rest of the week, it's so cold & snowy here that i just want to eat loads of hot comfort food! But will be back on track after the weekend!

Jules x
  • christine2310
    christine2310 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls i have done my first day of the 30 day shred dvd and oh my is it hard! my hole body was burning doing it but as they say no pain no gain! i am a bit achy today but will be on it again tonight. it felt better than my usual 1 hour circuit class so fingers crossed for instant results!! x
  • Webby1000
    Webby1000 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi YAYW girls, make me a smoking hot bride.....please! Haha
  • haileemou
    Options
    Hi

I also did Level 1 of 30 day shred its bloody hard, i think a little too much with my back problem but i felt it work all my muscles and just 20 minutes was a killer!
  • Ah hah I have found you :-)
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hi flossy! Thanks for the recipes! I love to try out new things...must get a scrap book sorted!

I won a philadelphia cookbook a few months back and if you like philadelphia (I use extra light) I can share some of those recipes with everyone!

Completely back into the correct frame of mind today and loving it. I feel much better already..non healthy foods have left me feeling so sluggish these past few weeks...I knew that was causing it, but I was busy being greedy! hehe!

The scales went down again this morning, so now I am currently 2.5lbs from my lowest weight recording of 150lbs...hopefully, If I shift my work outs up a gear I can get back to this.

Welcome to all the newbies! :flowerforyou:

I remember when there was 16months left until the wedding and now there are only 10! time is flying!

Oooh, the 30DS...I have completed it twice, although I failed to finish the 2nd one. It's a great workout and really pushes you to the max!

Avoid the knee circles in level 1, a friend on here explained the routine to a physio and he strongly suggested not to do them...it's an un natural movement for the knee and could cause more damage than good. Make sure you do the workout in TRAINERS or appropriate footwear...as it's a home dvd it is tempting to do it in barefoot, but this is a big no no!

As Jillian suggests...do the first level until you become comfortable with it...you don't have to do it for exactly 10 days, and then the same for the 2nd to the 3rd.

I found the 2nd level particularly hard as it involves A LOT of plank work (palms and balls of feet on the floor at the sametime) but if you stick with it...it will become easier and will definately work your tummy area.

The 3rd level is :noway: the cardio is the same as the 1st level but you use the weights whilst during it. I definately saw results, but you wont get them if you're not focusing on your eating too. You will ache like crazy after the 2nd/3rd day but I found that if I carried on and pushed through, the aches go away. I couldnt sit on the loo for a few days after starting :laugh:

If you find yourself in significant pain...do not continue! have a rest day and get back into it when you're ready! it won't hinder your results and you save yourself injury.

:flowerforyou:
  • KittyKat_Sammi
    Options
    Hi, Just another quick work on 30DS - its planned that you can do a workout everyday as its only 20 mins. But my first one I have done 10 days, 1 day off then start the second level and still yet to finish level 3.

However I am not saying I have to do this everyday - to do as many as I can in a week will be enough - I think the attitude is helping me more as I am not being too hard on myself when I don't manage it - to do the 30DS is a good plan and like Ms Natalie says I am hoping won't affect the results too much.
  • angelas22
    Options
    Hi ladies how are you all doing ? im back on track after my bad weekend :( it's not really the calories it's more the fat and protein i go over on :( just being really carefull now 60 days till i get married bit worried .. how is everyone that's doing the 30ds ?

take care xx
  • Ms_Natalie
    Options
    Hiya Angela...don't let the weekend get you down...no use crying over spilt milk! I had a few awful weekends in the middle of my weight loss and found that 1 or 2 off days (as long as you don't go WAY over the top...will not hinder your progress. Just make sure your stress about the things you have eaten doesn't cause you to eat more..that is a downward spriral.

Maybe make some goals and put them in your signature? Like...I promise to log my calories at the weekend, drink half my body weight in water...waterever suits you. It helps keep you accountable!

And...60 days really is a long time..just stay focused around christmas time.

I've finished my diary for today and I'm looking forward to my Mulligatawny soup later this evening. I still have 100+ cals remaining so may treat myself to a pack of quavers or a very small glass of wine.

I'm not doing the 30ds at the moment...but a few of the brides are! You can get it for about £5 on amazon if you're interested.

:flowerforyou:
  • angelas22
    Options
    hanks ms_n . yeah im just being really carefull with what i eat now and upping the water find it really boring tho lol .. im also doing a hour body combat and hour legs bums and tums and trying to do half an hour pilates if i get time with the kids so im trying to stay focused
  • BedwelltyBoy
    Options
    bump!

weigh in tomorrow!

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Options
    whoops! I was on my H2B's profile!!! :laugh: :laugh:

He is NOT a smoking hot bride...but will be a gorgeous groom!! :flowerforyou:

sorry x
  • haileemou
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Well another week another chance!!!

Are you all ssticking to it as best you can?
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'll pop in here and check out the thread from time to time. I also started a thread called Brides to Be, if you do a search for it. I weigh in once a month and would be glad to share then. I also am measured and have a body fat percentage test at that time by my trainer.... so no cheating.*LOL*

Shannon
  • angelas22
    Options
    hiya hows everyone doing ? have managed not 2 be to indulgent this week but been craving chocolate quite a bit :( trying my hardest tho i've lost 2inches of my waist :) still havent dared to go on the scales yet though lol
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    I'm doing Ok and have lost nearly 13 pounds since joining this site but I think my progress is starting to slow so a change in exercise regime needed I think...
    Wil find some turkey recipes to add to the thread this week, so anyone suffering an excess of bird after Christmas can use it up in a healthy way!
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    Hehe hit paydirt immediately via Google. Link to a recipe for Spiced Turkey Stew, courtesy of the 'British Turkey' website!

http://www.britishturkey.co.uk/recipes/recipe.php?code=211

I'll raid the internet and or cookbooks and dig out some more :)

Enjoy!
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'll pop in here and check out the thread from time to time. I also started a thread called Brides to Be, if you do a search for it. I weigh in once a month and would be glad to share then. I also am measured and have a body fat percentage test at that time by my trainer.... so no cheating.*LOL*

Shannon

So I don't know how I didn't see this sooner, but can I join in?? I think we are getting married on the same day Shannon! I'll weight in on Friday. Normally Monday is my weigh in day but I can do it fridays when I need.
  • lovechoc11
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am new here, and hoping its the start of a better slimmer me!

I am already married (use YAYW) but am being bridesmaid for my brothers wedding in cyprus in june 2011! and have that dress to try and fit in to!! argh!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.xx
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    Hi everyone and welcome lovechoc!

Found another turkey recipe which is really low fat and looks really nice- a good Mediterranean feel, yum :)

Turkey Provencal

Serves 6
    189 calories per serving (With calorie counts this low I’d be tempted to double up for a main meal!)
    Fat 3g
    Sat Fat 1g
    Cholesterol 75mg
    Sodium 294mg
    Carbs 10g
    Fibre 2g
    Sugars 5g
    Protein 29g

Ingredients
    1 1/2 lb turkey fillets
    2 tbsp unbleached white flour
    Salt, to taste
    Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
    2 tsp olive oil
    1 medium onion, diced
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 1/2 cups crushed canned tomatoes
    1 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
    1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
    1/4 cup sliced black olives
    2 tsp capers
    1/2 cup minced parsley

1. In a ziplock bag, place the turkey fillets with the flour, salt, and pepper. Shake the bag until the turkey fillets are coated with flour.
    2. In a large pan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the turkey fillets and saute on each side for 4 minutes. Remove from the skillet.
    3. In the same pan, saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until the onions begin to brown. Add the crushed tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
    4. Add the turkey, rosemary, thyme, olives, and capers to the pan. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Add the parsley and serve.

I'll keep looking and update if I find any other ideas! Enjoy!