1 large onion, halved and sliced
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 pinch chilli flakes
    1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
    125ml white wine
    1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
    10 pitted black olives
    200g cooked orzo or other small-sized pasta

Heat 2tsp of the oil in a large non-stick saucepan. Slice the chicken into long strips and brown with a little seasoning until crisp on both sides. Remove ad add another tsp oil to the pan with the onion, garlic, chilli and rosemary.

Cook for 7 mins, then add the wine, tomatoes and chicken. Add seasoning and simmer for 10 mins.

Add the olives and serve with the orzo or pasta.
  • haileemou
    Options
    Going to try the halloumi one at some point yummy!!!
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    Goat's Cheese, Tomato and Red Onion Parcels

From an old Somerfield Magazine? Found in our recipe scrapbook.

Serves 2 (one portion = two parcels)- prep and cooking 30 minutes- £1.10 per serving

306 calories per two parcels
    7g sugar
    16g fat
    10g saturates
    0,7g salt

Four pre-made large savoury pancakes (bought or home made)
    100g goat's cheese
    2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
    1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
    10g rocket

Preheat oven to gas 6 or 200c.

Easy! Place the sliced cheese in the centre of each pancake. Lay the tomato, then the onion, then the rocket, on top and wrap the pancake tightly into a parcel, tucking in at the ends.

Place seam-side down on a baking tray and warm through for about 10 minutes in the oven. Serve warm with a simple green salad.
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    Aromatic Turkey Curry

From another old Somerfield magazine- also now in our recipe scrapbook

Serves 2- prep and cooking 40 minutes- £1.65 per serving- can be frozen

264 calories
    11g sugar
    6g fat
    1.3g saturates
    0.3g salt

1/2 onion, finely sliced
    1/2 large red chilli, finely sliced with seeds removed
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    20g root ginger, peeled and grated
    200g turkey breast steaks, cubed
    2 large tomatoes, cubed
    1 red pepper, cubed and seeds removed
    5ml sunflower oil
    150g broccoli
    30ml low fat natural yogurt (fat free is best!!!)

Place the oil in a large non-stick saucepan. Add the onion,chilli, ginger and garlic. Cook over a gentle heat until softened.

Add the turkey and cook for a few mins, stirring.

Add 200ml water, the tomatoes and diced pepper. Cover and simmer for 25 mins.

Add the broccoli and cook for 10 mins. Stir in the yogurt, heat through and serve, with rice or whatever you fancy.
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    Braised Peas and Lettuce With Chicken
    A fantastic one pot meal :)

From an old Asda magazine, also via our recipe scrapbook

Serves 4- prep and cooking 25 mins- £1.34 per serving

409 calories
    2.7g sugar
    16g fat
    5.9g saturates
    1.3g salt

600g chicken thigh fillets
    1 tbsp olive oil
    4 unsmoked bacon rashers, cut into small pieces of about 1cm
    4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
    25g butter
    1 tsp cornflour
    1 little gem lettuce, shredded
    250g frozen peas
    400g can green lentils, drained and rinsed

Cut each chicken fillets into 3 pieces each. Heat the oil in a pan, add he chicken and cook until golden on all sides.

While the chicken is cooking, cook the bacon and onions in the butter in a pan over a low heat for 5 minutes.

Mix the cornfour with 4 tbsp water and stir into the pan. Add the lettuce and peas and season with black pepper. Add the len tils and heat until simmering. Put the chicken on top.

Cover and simmer for 10 mins before serving.
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    Mustard Chicken with Parma Ham

From yet another Somerfield magazine (free stuff rocks!) and now stuck in our recipe scrapbook.

Serves 2- prep and cooking 35 mins- £1.83 per serving- can be frozen

244 calories
    9g sugar
    4g fat
    1g saturates
    1g salt

2 large carrots cut into batons
    200g frozen parsnips in batons or chunks
    1 tbsp thyme
    2 boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets
    15ml wholegrain mustard
    2 slices Parma ham

Preheat the oven to gas 6, or 200c.

Place the vegetables and thyme in a roasting tin with a little olive oil. Spread the chicken breasts with the mustard and wrap a slice of Parma ham around each one. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and roast for 30 minutes.
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    Salmon Burgers with Lemon Mayonnaise

From yet another Somerfield mag! Now in the scrapbook.

Serves 4- prep and cooking 40 mins- £2 per serving

303 calories (I think this includes the buns and mayo- I may be wrong about the buns, however these probably aren't needed anyway)
    3g sugar
    13g fat
    1.9g saturates
    1.3g salt

2.5cm root ginger, peeled and chopped
    3 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
    4 skinless salmon fillets, aout 450g total, cut into chunks
    1 medium egg white
    55g fresh white breadcrumbs
    4 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
    vegetable oil, for brushing
    4 ciabatta rolls
    rocket, to garnish (or lettuce if you like your green stuff less peppery)

For the mayo:
    4 tbsp low fat mayo
    Grated zest 1 lemon and 1 tbsp lemon juice

Whizz the ginger and spring onions in a blender. Add the salmon, egg white, breadcrumbs and coriander. Pulse until roughly combined.

Divide the mixture into 4 portions and shape into burgers. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.

Brush the top of each burger with oil and grill or BBQ for 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked.

Mix the mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice.

Cut the ciabatta rolls in half and toast on the inside. Place some rocket leaves on each base, top with a burger and drizzle over the mayonnaise. Serve immediately.
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    That makes 10! I have lots more but that's your lot for now. I'll try and find the time to do more in the week. Enjoy!!! :happy:
  • christine2310
    christine2310 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i found this from that YAYW thread, its a great indication of how many calories you are actually having per day and on my part its quite frightening!! its a good incentive though as i now think about it before i eat, whereas before id be reaching for the biccies im now "hang on that will take me over"!

ive also ordered the 30 day shred dvd off another YAYW thread so im going for it once that comes!

its a good idea to keep each other motivated.... come on we can do it!!

great recipes flossycat100 - ill be trying some of them. thanks x
  • haileemou
    Options
    Hi Buttercup :) welcome, i joined last week, and so far kept to my calories and kept up the excercise (Its a miracle lol)

What the 30 day shred?
  • christine2310
    Options
    Hi its a workout DVD, sounds quite intense but is done in 20 min slots so is do-able!?! the feedback on YAYW and also Amazon was great so id thought id give it a go. It cost £6.30 so its worth a try, alot of people claimed although they didnt lose weight they did see inch loss results and sometimes down a dress size or 2! I think Ms_natalie who started this thread may have done it already so she will know more.....ill let you know how i get on when my dvd arrives...thats if i can type after then of course!!!
  • haileemou
    Options
    Oh cool thanks buttercup i dont really fare well with excercise DVD's let me know how it is
  • KittyKat_Sammi
    Options
    Hi its a workout DVD, sounds quite intense but is done in 20 min slots so is do-able!?! the feedback on YAYW and also Amazon was great so id thought id give it a go. It cost £6.30 so its worth a try, alot of people claimed although they didnt lose weight they did see inch loss results and sometimes down a dress size or 2! I think Ms_natalie who started this thread may have done it already so she will know more.....ill let you know how i get on when my dvd arrives...thats if i can type after then of course!!!

Hi Buttercup - I have the DVD's and yes the inch loss is a definite - already lost an inch of hip and waist - still at day 5. But it can slow down. I love Jillian Michaels and find her really good at motivating me.

We defo need compare what we lose - be good to share x x

Good Luck x
  • KittyKat_Sammi
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes Flossycat - I am doing Slimming world - so I am going to defo try some of these as I think they will fit in nicely xx x
  • haileemou
    Options
    Ive just got this might try it!
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    Glad the recipes are useful KittyKat- I will try and get some more typed up this week :o)
  • christine2310
    Options
    Hi kitty kat.... thats increditble you see results after day 5!! have you been eating normal or dieting in this time? my dvd arrived today, i cant wait to get home to try it!!
  • KittyKat_Sammi
    Options
    Hi kitty kat.... thats increditble you see results after day 5!! have you been eating normal or dieting in this time? my dvd arrived today, i cant wait to get home to try it!!

I have been watching what I eat to some degree but could do better!

It is a killer and I think her approach defo works for me, I haven't managed to do it yet this week :noway: due to laziness really but I have made a chart and I am hoping that I keep losing an inch a week lol.
  • KittyKat_Sammi
    Options
    I have also bought her book and 2 other dvd's and I also have the yoga meltdown. But I haven't tried these yet, my aim is to complete the 30DS and then do a mix up of her workouts, as the others are 40 min workouts as opposed to a 20 min workout.

Although in order to not lose too much progress over a 30 day period I am going to double up a couple of workouts!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: Well I have promised myself this today anyhoo lol.

Yesterday and today I have done own workouts, and me and my fiance are working out on his punch bag later....eeek. Should be fun lol.
  • haileemou
    Options
    Hi grls, quick questions about the 30 day shred, do you do a 20 minute workout every day for 30 days?? Is that how it works?

xxx