About ready to give up

Options
124»

Replies

• strongshorty
    strongshorty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your bodyfat is dropping. Your muscle is growing. Stay off the scale!!! The scale just messes with your mind! Go by how your clothes fit, use a tape measure and/or take monthly photos. The closer you get to your goal, the harder the work you have to put in to get results. Slower drops are healthier and you retain more muscle that way.

Keep moving forward. Without challenge, there is no change :)
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Did you say you eat your TDEE calories? Or do you eat TDEE minus some calories? The reason I ask is if your TDEE is 1700 and you were eating 1400, it would take 12 days to lose one pound, wouldn't it? Did you give it that long before you increased? Also, are you SURE your TDEE is only 1700?

Oh those TDEEs...depends on the site. IIFYM says a 20% reduction is 1656. 15% reduction is 1760. Scooby gives me anywhere from 1650 to 1830 (based on whether I choose 305 hours per week, or 5-6...most weeks it is 5-6).

I've tried a few different TDEE numbers. I started at 1700 for a month with no change, then tried upping it to 1800 for 6 weeks, with no change....so now I've dropped it to see if anything will give. I do test it out for a decent amount of time- not like a week or 2
  • croulez
    croulez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Read Gillian Michael's book on endicronology.