ICE CREAM

Options
124»

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I like ice cream but I much prefer things like potato chips and French fries. I'd choose those over ice cream any day.
  • Leana93412
    Leana93412 Posts: 162
    Options
    I like ice cream but I much prefer things like potato chips and French fries. I'd choose those over ice cream any day.

I love your profile pic :bigsmile:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options

I love your profile pic :bigsmile:

• F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I actually like cake with mounds of frosting more than I like ice cream OR cookies. . . but ice cream comes with a bit of protein on top of the carbs and fats and I have trouble meeting my protein goals. . . so I've been opting for ice cream pretty often. ALSO. . . it's SUPER hot in Pennsylvania these days which automatically makes any frozen treat better than the rest. :wink:
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Because a lot of the ice creams come with - candy bars, cookies and even Fruit in them!!!

WIN WIN
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I actually like cake with mounds of frosting more than I like ice cream OR cookies. . . but ice cream comes with a bit of protein on top of the carbs and fats and I have trouble meeting my protein goals. . . so I've been opting for ice cream pretty often. ALSO. . . it's SUPER hot in Pennsylvania these days which automatically makes any frozen treat better than the rest. :wink:

Forte protein gelato is really good. I'm not sure if you can get it locally, though. I get it at a specialty store in MD. Halo Top has protein and fiber. Not the best ice cream, but for 80 calories, it's not bad.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    The cookies I love would be really hard to fit into my calories for the day. Plus, I'd have to make them first, as opposed to just picking up a pint. I use this recipe with a few slight modifications:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/dining/091crex.html?_r=0

If I remember correctly, one cookie is > 500 cals, and I never eat less than one. Plus milk.

180 - 250 cal servings of ice cream are so much easier to schedule in my day :glasses:

Oh, and candy bars ... meh. I don't like things like Hershey's - bad chocolate, too sweet. Give me an expensive dark chocolate any day, which explains why I don't indulge too often in that. Plus, I generally like ice cream more.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    how is that cookie more than 500 calories?

it looks like a chocolate chip cookie?
    what am I missing.

are they just big when you make them?
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is my "can't live without" food that takes me to my happy place! The wonderous powers of ice cream even cross the boundaries of species. I recently moved and my cat did not take it well (largely due to the fact that I accidentally overdosed him on tranqs for the flight, but that's another story....) and fell into a complete depression (limply laying on the sofa like a stuffed animal with all all stuffing removed for TWO days after he had recovered from the OD). However, when I sat down next to him with a bowl of ice cream, he immediately sprang to life and started begging for some, ate triple what he usually does (three tablespoons--a lot for a 10 pound creature, probably equal to a whole pint for a human!), and was completely back to normal from then on! It was the funniest thing and proof that ice cream has great powers (aside from the ability to double your pants size in two months or less). :-)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

what am I missing.

They're 5".
  • JoRocka
    Options

what am I missing.

They're 5".

That makes sense LOL
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

what am I missing.

They're 5".

That makes sense LOL

Yeah, I had to look at the recipe, because I was like WHUH?!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    i would make them smaller LMAO

I made cookie dough truffles this weekend- totally delicious- way less calories ;) but tiny- bite sized things.
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Also, French fries (preferably Belgium Fries, actually) dipped in ice cream.
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I didn't say gelato was fruity crap. :ohwell: We don't even have gelato where I live. I was talking about those fruit pops.

Where is this fabled place you live at where there is nothing good to eat? I live in the boondocks and find plenty of yummy things that are absolutely fatal for me.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Also, French fries (preferably Belgium Fries, actually) dipped in ice cream.

Oooooh, McDonald's fries dipped in a vanilla milkshake. :love: