December Ellipitcal Challenge?

Options
So I keep seeing walking challenges... and I know people who refer to ellipticals as a tool of torture... that said...

It's easy on my knees and back and I can burn plenty of calories on it. Would anyone care to join me for a December elliptical challenge? My goal is six days per week, minimum 30 minutes per day on the thing. I estimate that will give me just over two miles per day, 12 per week, about 50 for the month of December.

My invitation is this: Please come and join "the challenge" of hitting 50 miles on an elliptical in December! More is better but let's see if we can hit that mark as a minimum.

Who's with me?

Replies

• froggy905
    froggy905 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am with you!
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love using my ellipitcal. I don't use it every day, like I should. Count me in!
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Im in ive done mine 4 days a week, it will motivate me to step it up if i know im not the only one!!!!
  • OrangeGirlWA
    Options
    I will join you too ... :smile:
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I'vebeen wanting to do this for the month of November but slacked majorly. Let's do it for December! I am sooo in!!!!
  • dorwade
    dorwade Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I will help me get to the gym when I'd rather make an excuse. I am so in!
  • 19marie74
    Options
    I want to do this also. But all I have is a gazelle. Does that count?
  • Trairai3773
    Options
    Great idea. I'm in!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I usually spend an hour on the elliptical 5 to 6 times a week, but I am going to start cross-training. I think I can still make the numbers.
  • Mari1969
    Options
    wow 6 days a week. well I need some motivation so I am in!
  • JENN17501
    Options
    count me in! I actually love the elliptical. great idea! Thanks
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    count me in! I actually love the elliptical. great idea! Thanks

me too, I have a cheaper one but I am in looove with it!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I love it. The elliptical is what I look forward to at the gym. I always do it after I finish my strength training. I say that we can do it!!
  • RodgerBuckley
    RodgerBuckley Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know what an elliptical was if it smacked me in the mouth! If it fits in my pocket, then I'm in, if not, I'm out as I'll be travelling most of December.

But good luck anyway.
  • smarie62
    Options
    I'm in, this sound like fun!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Its too cold to walk outside for me now so my elliptical is my main exercise. I'm already doing 40 min 6 days a week but I want to get to an hour 6 days a week by the end of December.

I LOVE my livestrong elliptical! Best investment ever!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm in....sigh I figure all of my exercise is paying off and I look smaller but today I am 2 lbs up. This would be a much better type of goal for me. It will be a challenge with my school clinicals, but I'm in. I'll start today...usually do 45 minutes but have no idea how far that is, so I'll get a ballpark of what I'm getting myself into.
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I'm in!! Let's do it!
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Thanks for the great response!!!

So... start keeping track December 1. On New Year's Day we'll post our totals!!

19marie74: no clue what a gazelle is (unless you own the animal? LOL) The closest thing I can get to describing an elliptical (for movement) is cross-country skiing. If you're mimicking the movements I'd say it counts!

FYI: for those trying to estimate distance on ellipticals that don't keep track: I go about 120 paces per minute for my time. 30 minutes equals just over two miles for me. Estimate accordingly?

Who else is joining the party?
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    oh screw it... I'M IN!