December Ellipitcal Challenge?

Options

Replies

• 19marie74
    Options
    Its the Tony Little's Gazelle Edge that I have. Its low impact on knees and joints. If it counts then count me in.
  • Pearl_p
    Options
    Count me in, I need the motivation...
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!

Reach out to your friends and throw down the gauntlet... The more of us there are doing it the more motivation each of us will have!!!
  • frankborelli
    Options
    It's December 1. Time to rock-n-roll!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
  • frankborelli
    Options
    Day two:

To meet that 50 mile challenge for the month you should be passing the 3.2 mile mark some time today! (1.6 miles per day)

For those of you not using an elliptical that will give you distance, I offer this suggestion for measure:

Aim for 120 paces per minute for 23 minutes (approximately) per day. That should put you at 50 miles for December (if you do it every day) and anything over that is good!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I looked for this challenge yesterday and could not find it, my fault only!!!
    12/1 -- 6miles while watching Oprah!

Remember to NOT beleive the calorie burn from the machine, get a heart rate monitor!! I own a Precor commercial grade elliptical and I also own a ProForm treadmill and both are higher than what my Polar F11 hrm calculates! Sad but true!!

I will be back later to post my daily cruise!!!:wink:

Thank you Frank for starting the elliptical challenge!!
  • frankborelli
    Options
    vhuber: you're welcome!!!

The gym I go to has precor machines and I actually do use those calorie counts (my HRM is on the fritz; gotta get a new one). However, I try to make up for that by not eating all my exercise calories and if I do any other exercise I take only half credit for any calories MFP tries to give me.

Six miles in a single day? That rocks!!! And here I was worried about 50 miles... I guess it should be the 100 mile challenge!!! LOL
  • vhuber
    Options
    12/2 with 6 miles in 57:03 minutes! 12 down !!

Frank, thanks for the friend invite and I know I will pass the 50 mile mark but thats ok! I use my elliptical or the "dreadmill" for back up for when I cannot run outside or for when I am in between cardio dvd series! I workout EVERY day rain or shine!!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Gauntlet heaved. I'm in. This is my first challenge here. Where do we post our workout results...publicly or personally?
  • anghahnmowry
    Options
    I'm in however, I'm going to shoot for 50 miles in the months of December. I choose the ellipitical any day of the week. Yesterday, I did a little short of 10 miles (9.65) yesterday on it. And I did another 3.6 miles today. So my total for December so far is 13.25 miles so far this month. Thanks for a great challenge!!! I am SO In!!!
  • frankborelli
    Options
    Go, vhuber!!!

Jbug: just keep track and when the month ends we'll post our totals. 50 miles in December = 1.6 miles per day minimum. See previous posts re: pace and time if your machine doesn't give you miles.

anghahnmowry: You're already at double my total for the month!
  • arich1231
    Options
    Can I still join in this challenge? The elliptical is my favorite exercise machine and I usually get in at least 45 mins every day along with every other day strength training. Also; my computer had a virus and I only got back online yesterday after almost a week and saw this post......:happy: .Thanks All
  • Julie1667
    Options
    I am in! I would like to do 100 minutes every other day, but I will try to get to it everyday. That would help me. I love the elliptical. It is easy on joints and I can study while I burn!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Did NOT elliptical yesterday or today but I trudged through 2 miles of snow yesterday and shovellled the walks. Today I ran 4.5 miles on our snowy country roads. I will elliptical when the wind will not allow me outside to run!!!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

Remember to NOT beleive the calorie burn from the machine, get a heart rate monitor!! I own a Precor commercial grade elliptical and I also own a ProForm treadmill and both are higher than what my Polar F11 hrm calculates! Sad but true!!

Interesting you say this. Just last night I decided to try my new Polar FT7 HRM against my Schwinn Elliptical. I set the program on the elliptical for 100 calorie burn. The HRM said 113 calories. Pretty damn close, I think.
  • vhuber
    Options

Interesting you say this. Just last night I decided to try my new Polar FT7 HRM against my Schwinn Elliptical. I set the program on the elliptical for 100 calorie burn. The HRM said 113 calories. Pretty damn close, I think.
    Amazing! That is the FIRSt time I have heard this!!! My polar F11 reads 120 plus LESS than what the machine says and my elliptical is a commercial grade PreCor!!! happy cruisin & burnin!!!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Amazing! That is the FIRSt time I have heard this!!! My polar F11 reads 120 plus LESS than what the machine says and my elliptical is a commercial grade PreCor!!! happy cruisin & burnin!!!

Yeah, I was kind of surprised. I plan to check it out against some of the other programs that my elliptical offers and see if it still comes out that close.
  • frankborelli
    Options
    Way to go everybody!!!

Didn't get to the gym yesterday (but spent three hours up and down the ladder, hanging lights and raking leaves) and won't get there today (but will spend hours walking around a mall buying new clothes for my 13-yr old son). Monday I'll be back in the gym, on the elliptical and heading for 100 minutes.

The challenge is for 50 miles in December which is an average of 1.6 per day. Anyone is welcome to join anywhere along the way.

Keep track of your totals!!
  • arich1231
    Options
    Got carried away today on the elliptical, did 4 miles in 60 mins, yes making up for the first two days I missed. This is awsome keeps me focused on doing my cardio...yay!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    I have not been on my elliptical since Thursday because even though we have snow and it is only 18 to 20 degrees I have been out walking or running! My furry kids love it when I take em! Monday while Oprah is on I will hop back on. I have 38 miles to go!!

Good job everybody!