Don't be this person at the gym.

Options
1235»

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Fortunately I have no business to unload to anyone. And if I did I've got friends for that. :flowerforyou:

Good deal. :flowerforyou:
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Seems like OP probably earned a strike, and isn't allowed to post in this thread any longer. Hopefully /thread

what would he have earned a strike for? i honestly dont get it. why cant people just come here and post about their observations, even if its none of their business?

I'm hypothesizing that the strike was for dropping an 'F' bomb, not an editorial statement on the content of OP's post. The 'F' bomb was OP's last post in the thread.

I'm not agreeing or disagree with MFP's policy, just pointing out that OP can't respond.
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options

I'm hypothesizing that the strike was for dropping an 'F' bomb, not an editorial statement on the content of OP's post. The 'F' bomb was OP's last post in the thread.

I'm not agreeing or disagree with MFP's policy, just pointing out that OP can't respond.

ah, sorry i missed that. in that case you are probably right.
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I don't know which is worse... the guy who was talking to him for a couple of hours or somebody that is sad enough to come on here and write about it! Who gives a ****!
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Maybe the guy who works there has been depressed lately and has been going through a hard time, so his mate was hanging out with him for a shift to try and keep him company?

It's nice to take the glass half-full approach. But if you were there, and had been going there for as long as I have, I think you'd have a better idea of what I was talking about. This may be difficult for you to accept, but some people are just windbags. Not trying to be mean, just stating the facts.

I'm still trying to figure out why the hell it even matters to you if they talked for 2 hours or 6 hours. Mind your business , do your work and leave. You have absolutely NO IDEA why he was there or talking so long ....none.....so find something else to worry your mind with.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    644139_466232913419379_644247516_n.jpg

Awesome. Internet meme time.

jVxYoRJjvm6YD.jpg

Is this your equivalence of saying "My penis is bigger than yours."? Grow up man. Who gives two crap what someone else isdoing if it's not directly affecting you. If the guy at the counter didn't want this guy talking his ear off for 2 or more hours, he would have maned up and told him to get lost. You're just showing how pathetic of a person you are by posting on a rather anonymous forum on the internet, hiding behind a screen and keyboard, basically saying "I'm better than this guy."

You must feel good about yourself now.

LOL... Boatloads of irony here.

I was hoping someone would catch onto that. :drinker:
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure we're all walking around judging things all day that don't effect us.

I pass judgement on all sorts of things that don't affect me. We all do.

I'm judging you ALL right now and making lots of notes about things that I will use to create future threads!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    OMFG I feel like I'm taking crazy pills; people complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people talking.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    One person commented that the retired people shoot the bull practically all their time at the gym. I'm retired so I joined the Y, and dag-nabbit thats all those people did, shoot the bull. they sat on the equipment and talked to each other. They wore Banlon shirts, Kangol hats and Stacy Adams shoes on the workout floor. You have to ask them to let you use a machine. Then you go in the locker room and they are just walking around naked before the shower, or after they shower - shooting the bull to each other. I lasted a month. At another Y, the person at the front desk was always shooting the bull, laughing, gossiping. It irritated me. It was none of my business but for some darn reason - it "grinded" my gears. On the exercise floor they let kids underage play on the machines. Still none of my business. But it just goes to show, sometimes we just get irritated with things for no good reason. I am not looking for an answer from anyone on this, I solved my problem by joining Club Fitness! For $10 a month I don't care what they do, but so far they are professional there.(surprise)
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    He noticed it and felt bad for the guy. I do the same thing when I see someone in that unfortunate position.

Sadly the OP doesn't know MFP well enough to know that a bunch of people with absolutely nothing better to do would scream, "ONLY WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF!!" like a pack of loons.

:heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    OMFG I feel like I'm taking crazy pills; people complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people talking.

You're hanging out on MFP. OF COURSE you took the crazy pills. We all did.

Same **** different day.

groundhog-day-o_zpsf67005e5.gif
  • Ness7891
    Ness7891 Posts: 26
    Options

Is this your equivalence of saying "My penis is bigger than yours."? Grow up man. Who gives two crap what someone else isdoing if it's not directly affecting you. If the guy at the counter didn't want this guy talking his ear off for 2 or more hours, he would have maned up and told him to get lost. You're just showing how pathetic of a person you are by posting on a rather anonymous forum on the internet, hiding behind a screen and keyboard, basically saying "I'm better than this guy."

You must feel good about yourself now.
    You're telling me to grow up yet you're the one that responded to me with a wisecrack ecard first. LOL okay dude. If you're going to be a goon first without any provocation, don't expect not to be responded to in kind.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure we're all walking around judging things all day that don't effect us.

I pass judgement on all sorts of things that don't affect me. We all do.

I'm judging you ALL right now and making lots of notes about things that I will use to create future threads!

Yes but most people silently judge and don't spend the time to make an entire post about it.
  • Ness7891
    Options
    Maybe the guy who works there has been depressed lately and has been going through a hard time, so his mate was hanging out with him for a shift to try and keep him company?

They didn't seem like buddies. Their age gap was quite significant. And they don't look like they'd be spotted kickin it on the streets. It would be like Bill Clinton hanging out with Kanye West. I see the same clerk most nights. The other guy, I don't think I've ever seen him there ever.

It's nice to take the glass half-full approach. But if you were there, and had been going there for as long as I have, I think you'd have a better idea of what I was talking about. This may be difficult for you to accept, but some people are just windbags. Not trying to be mean, just stating the facts.

Yea. And then some people like to come and complain to the internet about it.

Get over it, you never know the full story. Also, given that the clerk is a grown up and able to tie his shoes in a morning and get himself off to work, he's probably more than capable of distracting and detering anyone making him uncomfortable.
    Right, because I'm sure you've waltzed through life never complaining about anything ever unless you know the 100% truth about any specific situation in it's complete and unequivocal context. What is your secret really?

Hey. If you didn't like what I had to say, well you know where the door is. No one forced you to respond (yet you cared enough to anyway). It's an internet forum in a subsection with the words "chit-chat" in it.. Deal with it. Or get out. The choice is yours. But I'm sure you'll utilize common sense and make the right one.

Mnaw. Bless you.

Maybe you should change the title of your post to "Don't talk to anyone who doesn't look like they suit your demographic because some judgemental *kitten*-hole will indeed judge you for talking to someone who looks like you should have nothing in common." Because essentially, that's what it boils down to.

From all your responses to people who disagree with you, it looks like you're from the school of thought of "my way or the high-way". I'd choose highway, to be honest. What a bore.
    So I'm assuming that is the last I'll hear from you then in this thread. Oh well. I was really starting to enjoy your insight.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    In the summer I skate with someone like what the OP described. She talks sooo fast and I don't get a word in edgewise and I like to talk myself. I think.she's just lonely. Annoying but lonely and frustrating when I want to do something
  • Ness7891
    Options

Seems like OP probably earned a strike, and isn't allowed to post in this thread any longer. Hopefully /thread
    Surprise.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Maybe they're dating.
  • ShannonS921
    ShannonS921 Posts: 194
    Options

You're hanging out on MFP. OF COURSE you took the crazy pills. We all did.

Same **** different day.

groundhog-day-o_zpsf67005e5.gif

:drinker: