CHEESE?

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese with nearly every meal, hasn't been a problem. Just be careful with portion sizes, as it can be calorie dense. And worth each and every one. :love:

In ten years, "calories in, calories out" will be completely dismissed, just like we dismiss leaches, which were used by doctors through the early 19th century.

Hold the phones people, we have a psychic in the house!!

I forgot. "Calories In, Calories Out" is a religion on this site. Just like Veganism.

Do your own research and you will find that you are better off eating a 200-calorie avocado than a 200-calorie doughnut.

And do you really want to spend the rest of your life counting calories?

Here we go again… the guy who is trying to go against SCIENCE.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese with nearly every meal, hasn't been a problem. Just be careful with portion sizes, as it can be calorie dense. And worth each and every one. :love:

In ten years, "calories in, calories out" will be completely dismissed, just like we dismiss leaches, which were used by doctors through the early 19th century.

I forgot. "Calories In, Calories Out" is a religion on this site. Just like Veganism.

Do your own research and you will find that you are better off eating a 200-calorie avocado than a 200-calorie doughnut.

Yes, more nutrient dense foods will keep you fuller longer, yes everyone should eat a balanced diet, yes everyone should get all their protein. That doesn't make "calories in, calories out" any less valid as a description of "How Weight Loss Works."
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i eat more cheese when on a diet than off. however, it is usually by itself or as part of a salad or as the main protein. its important to get calcium when you diet.

what i dont do it add cheese to a hamburger. or add cheese to a sandwich (unless its turkey, sometimes i will)

i use a lot of whipped cream cheese for various things.

but. i weigh it. and rarely eat more than an oz in a serving.

and i dont eat that blah string cheese. i buy smoked fresh mozarella from trader joes. an oz is 80 or 90 calories. or i buy GOOD cheese. so that i am happy with a few bites. i dont eat much cheddar except this one called unexpected cheddar (also at trader joes) which is a cheddar parm hybrid.

hard cheeses tends to have lass fat.

in my program cheese is a vital key to making me feel full, getting nutrients and protein since i dont eat much meat or nuts. and feeling like i am enjoying my meals.

thats my take on cheese.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

20+ posts all the same trying to derail threads..........I seen better trolls
    ETA if you're going to use an alt account then you shouldn't use the same exact posting style and post the same links like the thread you got owned in.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I take one string cheese to work with me as a snack. It's wrapped, it's good out of the fridge a few hours, and it is around 80 calories. I used Feta chunks or cubes for chopped salads, Greek salads.
    If i had cheddar in the house it would call my name at night. So for now... no cheddar.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    calories in, calories out.

If you like cheese, eat cheese. Just remember that cheese is high in calorie for low volume so you should definitely weigh it out, if you aren't already.

String cheese is great because it has no carbs and no sugar. The notion that fat makes you fat is archaic. For example, avocados, which have lots of fat, are universally praised by most in the know.

So cheese (or an avocado) is much better than having a sugary yogurt, wheat thins, bagels, or a candy bars for a snack.

OP was asking if cheese will make her gain weight because it has a lot of fat. I told her that as long as she eats her goal calories (calories in, calories out) she will lose weight.

So you think we will eventually realize that eating less calories than your body requires DOESN'T result in weight loss? Is that what you're saying?

lol

EDIT: Oh, I see. You are a troll account. Kewl.

http://pilatesnutritionist.com/6-reasons-to-stop-counting-calories-11-things-to-do-instead/

One of thousands of article on line stating not to count calories. Has nothing to do with being a troll. Who in their right mind wants to count calories for the rest of their life?

But you won't even consider the possibility that you are incorrect because CICO is your religion.

Articles aren't science, they are opinion pieces. Link scientific, peer reviewed studies or GTFO. It's religions that survive on opinion, not science.
  • LanaC1210
    LanaC1210 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'd say low fat string cheese once per day is ok. Or you could try low fat cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is casein protein which means your body digests it slower throughout the day! I eat cottage cheese once a day myself! Just in moderation I think your ok with regular low fat cheese.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    In my country, France, we eat TONS of cheese. Still obesity is far less important than here in US. Whatever what they say, cheese is not bad for you (unless you have some intolerance of course)
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want if you stay inside your calorie goal.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

If you like cheese, eat cheese. Just remember that cheese is high in calorie for low volume so you should definitely weigh it out, if you aren't already.

String cheese is great because it has no carbs and no sugar. The notion that fat makes you fat is archaic. For example, avocados, which have lots of fat, are universally praised by most in the know.

So cheese (or an avocado) is much better than having a sugary yogurt, wheat thins, bagels, or a candy bars for a snack.

OP was asking if cheese will make her gain weight because it has a lot of fat. I told her that as long as she eats her goal calories (calories in, calories out) she will lose weight.

So you think we will eventually realize that eating less calories than your body requires DOESN'T result in weight loss? Is that what you're saying?

lol

http://pilatesnutritionist.com/6-reasons-to-stop-counting-calories-11-things-to-do-instead/

One of thousands of article on line stating not to count calories. Has nothing to do with being a troll. Who in their right mind wants to count calories for the rest of their life?

But you won't even consider the possibility that you are incorrect because CICO is your religion.

How about you provide a link to a peer-reviewed study that says CICO is not necessary for weight loss.
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    Don't go over your calorie goal and you'll be fine. I love Mozzarella String cheese Yummm
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I have cheese everyday, either as a snack or as part of a meal. Fat doesn't make you fat. Overeating makes you fat. My Fat macro is set to around 130g per day (Keto -- judge if you will) and I am consistently losing. So, no, cheese is not "bad" for you if you're trying to lose weight. Just don't gorge on it (or anything for that matter).
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options

lol

I have lost roughly 200 lbs (in several attempts) by counting calories. You know why I had to keep losing the weight over again? Because when I stopped counting calories I gained it back (every time).

It's not a religion, it's just the only thing that works. Sorry, I know you have SCIENCE behind you, but whatevs :love:
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options

I think most of us agree there are more health benefits to eating 200-calories of avacado than 200 calories of doughnut. Sure, eating all of your calories in just doughnuts is not a healthy way to live, and will likely result in some undesirable health effects in your body.

But as far as energy is concerned, a calorie is a calorie. Just like 1 pound of rocks and 1 pound of feathers weighs the same, 1 calorie of avocado and 1 calorie of doughnut is the same amount of energy. I don't know what research you are refferring to, but if you put less energy into your body than it burns during the day, that extra energy has to come from somewhere, and that somewhere is the energy storage inside your body.

ETA: Even if you are doing something where you are not physically counting the calories, you are following the concept of making sure you eat fewer calories than you burn. I don't plan to count calories forever myself. Once you understand the amount of calories that are in food, you can make better choices in the future without having to look them up first.
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want to live without cheese! Stick with the good stuff and weigh it out.

And on a sort-of related note, I've used leeches on people in my nursing career (although it was in the 20th century).
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    oh, and let me squuez in between arguments and say. light cheese: no. yuck. just eat less of the good stuff. portion it in advance if it helps. i love me some advance portioning. grab and go.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I'd say low fat string cheese once per day is ok. Or you could try low fat cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is casein protein which means your body digests it slower throughout the day! I eat cottage cheese once a day myself! Just in moderation I think your ok with regular low fat cheese.

With moderation, she's ok with full fat cheese too. Also, alot of people believe that "low-fat" and "fat-free" foods are worse than full fat items due to the additives/ingredients that manufacturers put in them to achieve the "low-fat" or "fat free" status.
  • JoJoVan96
    JoJoVan96 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've always been told-including by my dietician-that cheese is fine for someone who's watching calories, as long as you limit it. I have a piece of low-fat string cheese every day, and along with an apple or banana it makes a perfect sized and filling snack. There are so many rumors about what's good for you and what's not, it's hard to figure it all out!! =D
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I actually ate almost 5 ounces of cheese - a Babybel Gouda round with my lunch and 4 ounces of mozzarella on my homemade pizza for dinner. To be honest, I just remembered I had a little Parmesan on top the pizza, too. Days like that are not a rarity for me, either!

I ate cheese in this manner while I was actively losing weight and continue to eat cheese at this level while maintaining.

Cheese is probably my favorite thing to eat.