<500 Pizza

Options
13»

Replies

• GrandmaJackee
    GrandmaJackee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    BearedYoung you are funny, I have never and probably will never be able to wash my clothes on my abs, but the idea is great:laugh: Cut calories where ever you can, every bit helps.
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I had half a Chicago Town Takeaway pepperoni pizza for tea and will take the other half to work for lunch tomorrow, have done this every Wednesday for months and still maintain a deficit, lose weight every week.

Can't imagine life without pizza Wednesdays..

Without a ticker, its didn't happen. Internet rules, not mine

There you go, ticker active!. Just read the box and got a shock, 900 cals for half a pizza.. Still it's only once a week..
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Try the cauliflower crust pizza! Now that's amazing!
    You^^^^ Should never be able to post in a pizza thread again.

update-high-five.gif
  • BeardedYoung
    BeardedYoung Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey folks please eat what makes you happy and stay within your goals... heck I totally blew my goal today and there wasn't a pizza to be had. I ABSOLUTELY agree Pizza is perfection and NOTHING compares to the real thing. My suggestion was hey for under 500 calories and in about 10 minutes you can have some (albeit inferior in everyway) pizza like substance that perhaps may get you through. Congrats on all who ate the good stuff and still lost! You are all awesome!

For the cauliflower pizza doubters... when I tried Atkins this was the greatest thing in the world because your mouth goes into a state of suspended disbelief and you can convince yourself after not having real pizza in a long time that it taste like pizza.
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Today I made a pepperoni, cashew, and cheese pizza w/ avocado using my pita bread crust. I ate 1/4 of the pizza and it was 306 calories. It was delicious.

The cashews? Where I used to live, all the pizza places offered cashews on pizza. Through High School, I thought this was normal. It came on every pizza I ate, and every pizza I came across at anyone else house. Absolute "must have:" for just about everyone. When I moved, I realized I had been living in a bubble, and no one else in the world knew about this.. Made me cry a little The guy that started it way back when moved and I hear this is now a staple in a small community in Washington state. If you are brave, try it sometime. Whenever I get real pizza, I have by own cashews on hand. Cant do without. Great thread, my mouth is watering - again.
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    Cashews on pizza? I MUST try! how though? crumbled on top? cooked with the pizza? how?
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i love this idea. i used to do the same thing but i use salsa instead of pizza sauce and it is soooo good. normally I'd put grilled chicken, green peppers, onions and cheese on the sandwich thins. haven't done it in awhile so thanks for posting! totally gonna do it tonight.

and in response to the people that somehow found a way to debate this thread, lighten up. its a recipe. in the recipe message board. if you want real pizza congrats. go eat some. i swear, i could say the sky is blue and I'd get 30 pages of angry debates about how its really more of a baby blue/teal/purple/red at sunset

i mean i get its the internet but i never imagined I'd find the most negative reactions to positive intentions on a message board for fitness and health
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    i love this idea. i used to do the same thing but i use salsa instead of pizza sauce and it is soooo good. normally I'd put grilled chicken, green peppers, onions and cheese on the sandwich thins. haven't done it in awhile so thanks for posting! totally gonna do it tonight.

and in response to the people that somehow found a way to debate this thread, lighten up. its a recipe. in the recipe message board. if you want real pizza congrats. go eat some. i swear, i could say the sky is blue and I'd get 30 pages of angry debates about how its really more of a baby blue/teal/purple/red at sunset

i mean i get its the internet but i never imagined I'd find the most negative reactions to positive intentions on a message board for fitness and health

Absolutely agree ... Well said.
  • zericaaaaa
    Options

:) im glad I'm not the only one lol
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    I've done this with a 100 calorie flat-out wrap.
    So good.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

I think most get annoyed at the people who somehow think regular pizza is "unhealthy". Someone else mentioned that if OP was trying to cut calories here and there then no biggie. But some jump on the band wagon, convinced somehow that their cauliflower, salsa, pita concoctions are better/healthier than the real thing. You know deep down in your heart, they aren't .:laugh:

Oh yea also, lighten up. It's just an internet forum.
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options

you are absolutely right! when i posted i didnt realise it was actually in the recipe section. thought it was a general "better than regular pizza" thread. my bad. :)

ive noticed this attitude you are describing all over the forums, its ridiculous and infuriating. its the reason i dont post much anymore and when i happen to i usually regret it.
  • zericaaaaa
    Options

you are absolutely right! when i posted i didnt realise it was actually in the recipe section. thought it was a general "better than regular pizza" thread. my bad. :)

ive noticed this attitude you are describing all over the forums, its ridiculous and infuriating. its the reason i dont post much anymore and when i happen to i usually regret it.

im starting to learn the ropes haha ive never really been big on internet forums and i think i'll keep it that way hehe. but there have definitely been a lot of really awesome people i've encountered on here
  • zericaaaaa
    Options

I think most get annoyed at the people who somehow think regular pizza is "unhealthy". Someone else mentioned that if OP was trying to cut calories here and there then no biggie. But some jump on the band wagon, convinced somehow that their cauliflower, salsa, pita concoctions are better/healthier than the real thing. You know deep down in your heart, they aren't .:laugh:

well i know the pizzas i make are less calories with the salsa and usually fill me up more. so yeah they may not be healthier but for me its a better decision for my weight loss goals. and i usually physically feel a lot better after eating my pizza in comparison to eating take out pizza. all the grease and all idk but yeah i understand what you're sayin i just dont get why anyone would care so much lol
  • deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

No one in this world enjoys a *real* pizza better than I and I've had (almost) them all - NYC, Boston, Chicago, etc.

The problem is the "healthy" / "unhealthy" debate.

For those primarily concerned with cals, it's perfectly healthy as long as you can fit it into your daily totals (or weekly averages).

For those concerned with carbs, fats, and proteins (as in, low, high, and limited), it's tough to fit in (if not impossible) and the only way to make it work IS with one of the "alternative" pies.

For them (us) it's not really a question of "unhealthy" (although by definition the carbs make it so) as much as it is that one or two slices of the real thing blow our goals out of the water.

To each his/her own.

Why can't we all just "get along"?
  • zericaaaaa
    Options

No one in this world enjoys a *real* pizza better than I and I've had (almost) them all - NYC, Boston, Chicago, etc.

The problem is the "healthy" / "unhealthy" debate.

For those primarily concerned with cals, it's perfectly healthy as long as you can fit it into your daily totals (or weekly averages).

For those concerned with carbs, fats, and proteins (as in, low, high, and limited), it's tough to fit in (if not impossible) and the only way to make it work IS with one of the "alternative" pies.

For them (us) it's not really a question of "unhealthy" (although by definition the carbs make it so) as much as it is that one or two slices of the real thing blow our goals out of the water.

To each his/her own.

Why can't we all just "get along"?

lol 'to each his/her own' is basically the whole point i was hoping to make
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    [quote}
    lol 'to each his/her own' is basically the whole point i was hoping to make
    [/quote]

Amen... Nuff said
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Try the cauliflower crust pizza! Now that's amazing!
    You^^^^ Should never be able to post in a pizza thread again.
    haha
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Arnold's - Multi Grain Sandwich Thins, 2 bun - 200cal
    Wegmans - Fresh Mozzarella Chesse - 90 cal
    Mid's - Homestyle Pizza Sauce, 1/4 cup - 20cal 
    Italian Style Pepperoni, 16 slices - 140cal

Heat oven to 500 put them in the over, switch to the broiler to brown the cheese... Sooooo Good!

But can't I just have real pizza (yummly) #Ilovepizza

You actually can eat whatever you want no matter what strangers on the internet post. HTH.