Anything I can do about this woman?

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I would just run earlier.

BUT, if you're more confrontational and wish to stop her from being crazy, I would take down her license plate and see if the cops will talk to her. Don't play chicken with her. Yeah it's on her conscience if you die, but then you're dead.
  • brod405
    brod405 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Pray for her. I like that option.
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    *kitten* is such a perfect word. Thank you for using it this morning. :flowerforyou:

One of my favorites as well... :drinker:
    OP:
    Because I know you love the sexypants link, I suggest you read that first. :wink:

I was wondering when someone was going to whip this out!! :laugh:
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    *kitten* is such a perfect word. Thank you for using it this morning. :flowerforyou:

Ditto
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Like others said I would get a plate number and call the police.

I live in a residental neighborhood (25 mph zone) and have had a problem from time to time. Last week it was the same car 3 days in a row almost hit me, on the 3rd day I punched the back of her car and yelled some things that would make a drunken sailor proud. She stopped and told me she never saw me...I noticed her phone in her hand while we "talked". She came off a dead end street so it would be no problem finding her. I told her to put her f'ing phone down and pay attention, now she waves and moves all the way to the other side of the street. Monday it was a mustang coming down my street at like 40, we have 15 houses on our dead end street where the hell was he going. He got out of the car in a neighbors driveway and I yelled yeah there is no need to drive that fast on this street there are lots of kids who run here in the morning, as a matter of fact my daughter was with me. He mumbled something and I said "what I didn't hear you". He then said "yes ma'am I understand". When he went in the house my daughter said he had a gun, I was like what? I didn't have my glasses on LOL. Sure enough he came back out and I noticed the police emblem on his shirt LOL so he definitely should have known better. The last couple days, he's come down the street at like 10 mph. Sometimes people are in their own little world and have no clue that they are doing, and sometimes they are just freaking idiots.
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I run in a very rural area also. I swear people see me on the side of the road and speed up as they are trying to get as close to me as possible. When I first started I thought maybe it was because I had darker colors on and they couldn't see me too well, so I bought a couple bright neon colored shirts and wear those. That doesn't work for some of them either!! I choose to do nothing. I am not going to let those crazy stop me from doing this for myself.
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    If you retaliate and do damage to her car, without witnesses, it's her word against yours and you may very well be stuck with the '*kitten*' status in the law's eyes.

I would err on the side of the law and do as others have said and report her.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Start running with a big pointy stick so if so if she gets too close she will get a big old scratch down the side of the car - kind of like they used to do on Roman chariots
    Pretty much what I was going to say. Have something large and sharp that sticks over just to the white line (so you're not breaking any laws) and if she gets that close again, her car will feel it. It might scare the crap out of her enough to make sure that she pays attention at least for a while.

seriously?

have you guys NEVER ridden anything or been running and try to put your hand out??? riding a horse and put your hand out-bike or motorcycle?

physics people.

I'm pretty sure if you just imagine really hard that your hands are made of steel that will be enough to beat physics.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Yep, public shaming is coming back.

Record it and post a video of it all over your home owners association (and the local schools and businesses) Facebook page with a desperate call to the police to help rid your neighborhood of this reckless driver endangering the lives of children.

:laugh:
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of knuckle lights at The Sporting Goods Store That Cannot Be Named (because it's also a nickname for part of the male anatomy and MFP blocks it). When I'm running they sort of bob up and down with the movement of my arms and make me very visible to oncoming cars. But they sort of aim more down than out, and they don't blind the drivers. That might be an option in addition to reflective clothing.
  • mg1123
    mg1123 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Start running with a big pointy stick so if so if she gets too close she will get a big old scratch down the side of the car - kind of like they used to do on Roman chariots
    Pretty much what I was going to say. Have something large and sharp that sticks over just to the white line (so you're not breaking any laws) and if she gets that close again, her car will feel it. It might scare the crap out of her enough to make sure that she pays attention at least for a while.

seriously?

have you guys NEVER ridden anything or been running and try to put your hand out??? riding a horse and put your hand out-bike or motorcycle?

physics people.

I'm pretty sure if you just imagine really hard that your hands are made of steel that will be enough to beat physics.
    Mostly, this was a fantasy imagining of death race 2000. But in seriousness, it's more of a have it sticking out and let go just before she hits kind of thing. But of course, the driver is either a psycho or someone who will kill someone one day with her distracted driving. If psycho, then she is likely to do something to harm someone jogging on purpose. Of course, calling the cops first to ask what to do is a good idea.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    She might be oblivious and not see you. You need to invest in some bright clothing that is reflective and I would also carry a flash light (I've seen people do this and it really helps you to see them).

IF you were to go the "follow her home route" which I personally wouldn't but if you did do that I wouldn't actually confront her. I'd be nice about it and say "Hi there. I'm not sure you're aware but I see you every single morning when I'm out on my run. I see you on such-and-such a street at X curve. I'm not sure whether or not you see me because every morning you almost run me over -- in fact X day you came so close to me you almost hit me with your side mirror. Which makes me believe you don't see me. I ask that you please be more aware when you're driving. I'd really hate to see you go to jail for a hit and run."

As far as taking a picture of the car yes, you could do that but I'm not really sure what the police can actually DO about it. I think the only time they set up radar is if they have excessive complaints of speeding.

(edited because I didn't know she ran before sun-up)
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options

seriously?

physics people.

if she's HOLDING a stick- and it gets hit against an object moving 65 miles an hour- dollars do doughnuts says she's tear or sprain a wrist at best- or break one or both at worst.

Don't wear neon- wear HIGH VIZ- there is a difference. something phosphorescence or fluorescence- or a blinking light.

1.) ask hubby if he has same problem
    2.) get her plates- record incidents
    3.) call police if you can
    4.) carry 2-3 eggs and if you're really willing to go out on a limb- ball bearings- but I wouldn't recommend it. *kitten*'s dangerous.

playing chicken with a potentially NOT paying attention driver is about the dumbest idea ever though. Law of gross tonnage- even if technically you had the shoulder- guess what- you'd still be dead.

And THIS Is why I like Jo. She's a Spock, like me, all logic. :flowerforyou:

See I was taking a lot of the responses as not-serious except for the take a picture and show it to the cop ones. *shrugs*
  • PrissyPisces
    PrissyPisces Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say God bless you all.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    So I've actually had this kind of thing happen to me and the story is absolutely crazy.

So my boyfriend lives in a nice sub division that I love to run around. It's currently in development, and the main road to connect the two divisions (maybe half a mile) is always torn up so there's no sidewalk. EVERY morning this white G6 would get close to me, would HONK, etc. The sad part was, she had all those stick figures so she was a mother! I called the cops and they would sit out there, but we'd meet at different parts/ I can't expect the cops to always be around for me/ etc so nothing really happened. I guess one time he did stop her saying there was a complaint against her car, which made things worse because she knew it was me. She was/ is my number one enemy.

ANYWAY I was walking into Kroger and in the parking lot I saw it. That damn G6. So I wait like a crazy person near her car until I see her come out with 2 little girls. As she's loading her groceries into her trunk I come up and ask "excuse me' and when she turns around she has this confused look and then her eyes change and it's like, fear.

So I say "Hi, my name is Cardio4Cupcakes and I believe we often cross paths on (road name) in the mornings. I understand that it's a road and you're in a car and that's where you belong, but due to there being no sidewalks I have no choice but to run on the side. I'm not sure if you just haven't seen me running for the past 4 weeks but everyone else can move over but you never do. Please be considerate next time you come up on me and just give me some space, it takes less than a second for you to veer to the left and then we're both on our ways."

So she just glares at me and I walk into the store.

The next day she doesn't move over and never does but now there's sidewalks so whatever.

I still hate that b*tch.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    It actually might be that she does see you every morning and has gotten used to you being there, so her reaction is to move less because she knows you're not suddenly going to lose your balance and jump out at her......? I'm not saying it makes her right for moving less, she just may not realize she's aggravating you (crossing a line) \m/
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options
    So I've actually had this kind of thing happen to me and the story is absolutely crazy.

So my boyfriend lives in a nice sub division that I love to run around. It's currently in development, and the main road to connect the two divisions (maybe half a mile) is always torn up so there's no sidewalk. EVERY morning this white G6 would get close to me, would HONK, etc. The sad part was, she had all those stick figures so she was a mother! I called the cops and they would sit out there, but we'd meet at different parts/ I can't expect the cops to always be around for me/ etc so nothing really happened. I guess one time he did stop her saying there was a complaint against her car, which made things worse because she knew it was me. She was/ is my number one enemy.

ANYWAY I was walking into Kroger and in the parking lot I saw it. That damn G6. So I wait like a crazy person near her car until I see her come out with 2 little girls. As she's loading her groceries into her trunk I come up and ask "excuse me' and when she turns around she has this confused look and then her eyes change and it's like, fear.

So I say "Hi, my name is Cardio4Cupcakes and I believe we often cross paths on (road name) in the mornings. I understand that it's a road and you're in a car and that's where you belong, but due to there being no sidewalks I have no choice but to run on the side. I'm not sure if you just haven't seen me running for the past 4 weeks but everyone else can move over but you never do. Please be considerate next time you come up on me and just give me some space, it takes less than a second for you to veer to the left and then we're both on our ways."

The next day she doesn't move over and never does but now there's sidewalks so whatever.

I still hate that b*tch.

Were you walking on the right hand side of the road? If she "honks" at you she's probably giving you a heads up because you're on the wrong side of the road and can't see her coming (I wonder this because you said you see all those stick figures on the back of her car).

I am flabbergasted that people don't know what side of the road to walk on.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

I still hate that b*tch.

I was expecting something "absolutely crazy" instead wegot some suburban unresolved failed communication skit with a very small dash of passive agressive.

This doesn't even escalate well. You didn't throat punch her in front of the children or throw eggs or steel ballbarrings at her 90 year old grandmother twin look alike.

MFP, somedays you disappoint.

#golfclublikejesus
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    3. Run with a sign that says "Scoot over" or "Slow down" or "Please don't freaking run me over" and hold it up when she passes.

This, except it should say "What's your problem, b*tch-face??" or "*her license plate number* - Reported for reckless endangerment" or "Why do you try to kill me every morning?"
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options

I still hate that b*tch.

that makes me mad....
    tumblr_mg0dfwY5gt1qm6sfao1_500.gif