What do you add to your greek yogurt?

Options
MelAb8709
MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
I like to buy the large plain Fage 2% for cost and I don't love the fruit jelly on the side. Problem is, I can't eat it by itself. I've added sunflower seed butter, honey, blueberries and Ekeziel cereal (not at the same time!) - just read someone's suggestion to mix in some protein powder and let it sit in the fridge to thicken. I'll definitely give that a go!

Any other brilliant greek yogurt combinations I should try?

Replies

• weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Today I had pancakes that I stuffed with vanilla greek yogurt and strawberries.

I like any mixture of Kashi, granola, nuts, fruit, honey or maple syrup.

I know a lot of people use plain greek yogurt in savory dishes as a replacement for sour cream or to add some creaminess and protein.
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My favorite recipe is half a cup of nonfat plain greek yogurt, one teaspoon of maple syrup, a couple sprinkles of cinnamon, and half an ounce of toasted walnuts. Yum!
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Honey, chia seeds, 1/2 sliced banana- all together with the yogurt. :smooched:
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    A bowl of cut up friut, 125g yogurg and a pkg of stevia. Yummm. Add granola, voila instant parfait.
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    One half Teasoon Pure Maple Syrup and a half teaspoon Hemp Hearts! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Tastes like heaven :happy:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I eat the Chobani Pineapple and add 3/4 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Holds me over almost all morning!
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I do 6-8oz of plain greek yogurt, and add around 40g of Sweet Home Farm granola, and craisins. Or hot cocoa & a scoop of french vanilla protein powder. Mostly use greek yogurt for smoothies, though.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    VERY ripe peaches diced really small. Also peel the bitter skin from a plum and chop it small. ZOMG. Delish in yogurt. Also a bit of a drizzle of distilled orange blossom water and honey is delicious.
  • The_Hungry_Atheist
    Options
    Fruit and some nuts and freeze for a treat in an hr
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream Sandwich flavored protein powder or Chocolate PB2....sometimes a little of both
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Today I had pancakes that I stuffed with vanilla greek yogurt and strawberries.

I like any mixture of Kashi, granola, nuts, fruit, honey or maple syrup.

I know a lot of people use plain greek yogurt in savory dishes as a replacement for sour cream or to add some creaminess and protein.

We have pretty much replaced all our sour cream with plain greek yogurt. There's so much more tanginess and richness to it. Not to mention a ton more protein!
  • kimekakes28
    kimekakes28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I add strawberries to my plain greek yogurt. Less calories and sugar. To add crunch I put in a teaspoon of flax seeds or almond slivers.
  • MelAb8709
    Options
    My favorite recipe is half a cup of nonfat plain greek yogurt, one teaspoon of maple syrup, a couple sprinkles of cinnamon, and half an ounce of toasted walnuts. Yum!

All of these suggestions sound awesome - especially this one!

Thanks guys/gals!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I put it in my protein shake everyday with fruit ,PB2, almond milk and Fage yogurt lots of protein and filling Yummy!
  • MelAb8709
    Options
    Ice Cream Sandwich flavored protein powder or Chocolate PB2....sometimes a little of both

I did not know this even existed ... I better look it up right now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You can make tzatziki sauce with it. Yum.

My favorite is chestnut cream, but it's a pain to find, and pretty much pure sugar. Otherwise, fruit and a bit of stevia (peaches, plums or strawberries typically), or PB2 with a bit of stevia.
  • runnergirl0721
    runnergirl0721 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I add granola...
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    If I buy plain greek yogurt, I add a little homemade jam to it, or even just some mashed fruit. I had some no sugar added orange marmalade one time and stirred that in--it was wonderful! :)
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    KashiGoLeanCrunchHoneyAlmondFlax.jpg

Crunchy yuminess, and really good macros!
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Awhile ago I noticed a friend mix plain yogurt with cottage cheese, then my aunt says she grew up eating it as well, just adding fruit. I thought it sounded weird, but I tried it with pineapple and I love it!