What do you add to your greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Since no one has mentioned this, 1/4 pack of fat-free/low cal instant Jello-o pudding powder. Doesn't matter what flavor, but the chocolate fudge and butterscotch are my favorite. stir it in well, let it sit for 5 mins.

omg that sounds like a genius idea to thicken up sloppy yogurt (I can't find the one I like often so I am stuck with one that's way to thin for my taste!!)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    You can make tzatziki sauce with it. Yum.

My favorite is chestnut cream, but it's a pain to find, and pretty much pure sugar. Otherwise, fruit and a bit of stevia (peaches, plums or strawberries typically), or PB2 with a bit of stevia.

This. I make homemade tatziki and use it as veggie dip or for condiment in chicken wraps. Yum.

Also, my go to breakfast lately has been 170g 2% plain fage with 1/2 scoop protein powder (double rich chocolate or vanilla ice cream) with 200g raspberries and strawberries.
  • hannhr
    hannhr Posts: 22
    Options
    1tbsp of jam
    PB2
    Almond Butter
    Nutella
    Pudding mix (it makes the yogurt like a mousse, yum!)
    Honey and fruit
    Granola
    Crushed nuts, roasted nuts, any kind of nuts!
    Cinnamon or sugar & cinnamon
    Crumbled protein bar
    Protein powder
    Flax seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds
    Cocoa powder
    Ground almond meal

I want to try putting espresso powder (like the kind you use for baking) in yogurt, but I haven't bought the powder yet. You can also experiment with fun little additives like coconut flakes or cacao nibs.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I usually take 8oz plain Fage 2%, add 2 Tbsp of preserves or all-fruit spread, and 1/4 cup granola cereal, sometimes I'll also add fresh fruit to it
  • prettydreamy
    prettydreamy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    PB2, mini chocolate chips and a small dash of himalayan (pink) sea salt - it makes it taste like a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie!
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    strawberries and blueberries and 2 tblsp protein powder with 1/2 cup 2% plain Greek (I like Cabot) but BLENDED. I do it at night and eat the next day.

I also do that with cottage cheese.
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I mix dip mixes into it, like ranch or spinach and herb and then I just dip veggies with it. I REALLY love cucumber and greek yogurt ranch dip. It ends up being around 150 calories for an entire cup of dip and one or two cucumbers, depending on how large they are and really, isn't that a HUGE snack? So you are super full from it, with protein & fiber!
  • paulzli
    paulzli Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I take kimchi and unflavored greek yogurt.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I mix it with 2 serving steel cut oats and 1 serving oatmeal get my Carbs and Protein and Fats I used to use 2 percent but switched to Total I dont eat much fat and the xtra caloires dont matter that much. The total seems to keep me satisfied longer.
  • happyjack1976
    happyjack1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I add 1/8 cup of Udi's Cranberry/Walnut Artisan granola. Yummy!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    I mix it with 2 serving steel cut oats and 1 serving oatmeal get my Carbs and Protein and Fats I used to use 2 percent but switched to Total I dont eat much fat and the xtra caloires dont matter that much. The total seems to keep me satisfied longer.

I did this, sorta. I switched from fat-free to 2%. Not too many extra cals and it seems creamier.
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    If you need fiber, I use Fiber One cereal. Some of the other suggestions sound much nicer tho' LOL
  • littleancientheart
    littleancientheart Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    yogurt + protein powder = gag, IMO
    I love Fage 2% with a tablespoon of honey. Just a little sweet! I wish plain came in slightly smaller packages - like 4 oz instead of 7. I like the prepackaged cups because they're easy to throw in my bag on the go, but I guess I should just go to Home Goods and pick up some tiny plastic containers.

Who else forgets about the wax paper on top and pours their topping on it? I do it almost every time, d'oh!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    A cannoli and a shot of espresso. Eh’ you want good or healthy, you can’t have both piesano!

Joking aside just add your favorite fruit. I like to add peaches and banana’s and various spices, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, paprika, a pinch of nutmeg, I also add these to my oatmeal along with a little Hershey’s extra dark Cocoa mix. Oh momma now I’m hungry!

Seriously, I am going to try a shot of espresso now that I’ve said it.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    I love Fage 2% with a tablespoon of honey. Just a little sweet! I wish plain came in slightly smaller packages - like 4 oz instead of 7. I like the prepackaged cups because they're easy to throw in my bag on the go, but I guess I should just go to Home Goods and pick up some tiny plastic containers.

Who else forgets about the wax paper on top and pours their topping on it? I do it almost every time, d'oh!

I love the big containers. Between me and the kids, we go through two of the BIG ones a week, lol. Plus a big one of low-fat vanilla(the kids, not me)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

really? why?

tried it or just guessing? or a texture issue?

and if you are using fruit ones- I could understand- you have to mix it plain with nothing in it- otherwise it doesn't blend out smoothely.

I tried cinnamon and honey today- with a dash of chili powder!

Delicious.

Used maybe teaspoon of cinnamon- was more than I thought I needed and 12 grams of honey- think 120 grams of yogurt itself. (plain stonyfield brand)

turned out pretty tasty!!! happy to have a new concoction I can add to my list!
  • StriversNYC
    StriversNYC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    tablespoon of chia seeds ;)
  • andrewh2010
    andrewh2010 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Since no one has mentioned this, 1/4 pack of fat-free/low cal instant Jello-o pudding powder. Doesn't matter what flavor, but the chocolate fudge and butterscotch are my favorite. stir it in well, let it sit for 5 mins.

omg that sounds like a genius idea to thicken up sloppy yogurt (I can't find the one I like often so I am stuck with one that's way to thin for my taste!!)

It does thicken it up a fair bit so be warned if mixing with other things like coconut or protein powder, it can come out as thick as peanut butter.
  • R_Woodruff
    R_Woodruff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1 cup Fage 0%
    2 Tbsp PB2
    2 tsp sweetener of choice

Mix all together and dip an apple in it. Yummy, creamy, peanut buttery goodness!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    The only good use for greek yoghurt I've found is baking it into muffins. There are a ton of recipes on pinterest. =)