Options
1235»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Topic: Why Carbs Make Us Fat... ;) < ---points at winky face

Yeah. HINT HINT HINT.

How this got to become an ethical food debate is hilarious.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Physically, no, we are not predators at all.
    Yes, we are, and our most dangerous physical weapon is our minds.
    Apex predators? No, not at all, unless you put a gun in someone's hand, sure, maybe.

See above. We are the very definition of "apex predator", at least on this planet.

And it's not just about guns - it's our ability to organize and coordinate in large groups. Our species out-predators any and all other species on the planet, and we did that long before guns were invented.

Yeah. Didn't humans used to run down, trap, herd and otherwise use their brains/intelligence to kill animals long before guns were a thing?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Physically, no, we are not predators at all.
    Yes, we are, and our most dangerous physical weapon is our minds.
    Apex predators? No, not at all, unless you put a gun in someone's hand, sure, maybe.

See above. We are the very definition of "apex predator", at least on this planet.

And it's not just about guns - it's our ability to organize and coordinate in large groups. Our species out-predators any and all other species on the planet, and we did that long before guns were invented.

Yeah. Didn't humans used to run down, trap, herd and otherwise use their brains/intelligence to kill animals long before guns were a thing?

I'd say so, yes:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/11/091127140706.htm
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Also, bragging on a friend here:

http://news.msn.com/us/wyoming-cave-with-fossil-secrets-to-be-excavated#tscptmf

Jules and I taught functional morphology together at UCLA and she hosted my bachlorette party. I'm fairly certain she would take issue with people classifying humans as herbivores, but she's a little too busy right now for me to ask. :tongue:

10559781_10203106702882962_5634809435786916619_n.jpg?oh=a41354665ef31db7fe16358ba03c0d87&oe=5445A7FC&__gda__=1412742531_a6639c0096819debc980cd5dbd29b22c
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    bump to read later