Jillian Michael's 30 Day Slimdown Challenge

Options

Replies

• badrianne
    Options
    OK, I'm in!! I am starting Wednesday...one thing that I noticed is the on demand version of Banish Fat is not the full workout. I think it may be about half of the actual DVD. I hope that I can hang in there and see some results!!
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i'm being sent for an xray this week. :grumble: he's thinking stress fracture. sigh.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i'm being sent for an xray this week. :grumble: he's thinking stress fracture. sigh.

dagnabbit! :angry:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    ok - day one done! :smokin:

really, it was pretty much the same workout as i have been doing. day 3 is gonna be very different for me because of the new dvd's - which i bought today for $9 a piece at target. :happy:

ok, off to add all this workout stuff up. i walked my dog for 25, did 30 day shred for 25 (level 2) and the elliptical for 35 (2.6 miles). i am pooped! and HUNGRY! dunno what to eat just yet.

i really wish i was a morning person so i could do part of this routine in the am. i am a :yawn:...:wink:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    i am a :yawn: non morning person...:wink:

hey! i just remembered how much i love my graveyard dude! i used to post all the time and haven't really done much posting in over a year it seems...i missed him! *chuckle*
  • vachegomoo
    Options
    Day 1 finished! I was going to tack on a second dvd, but I don't have enough time tonight. I should really learn to be a morning person too, I would get so much more done. Hah! Right. I like sleeping way too much. :smile:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    Day 1 finished!
    WOO HOO!
    I like sleeping way too much. :smile:
    DITTO!
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Day 1 FINISHED>> Woohoo!

Gotta be at the gym at 7am too for "Holiiday BURN Challenge"...pretty much Jillian Michael's style circuit training that burns 800 calories a session!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Jourdan- wow that is an amazing calorie burn! I wish!

Ladies trust me I am NOT a morning person either! It takes me about 45mins of pushing snooze for me to finally get up. I try and talk myself out of not getting up but I know I have to and I'm actually awake now going to work lol

Day 2 complete! My body was sore this moring! I did a 3.15 mile run last night too. Burned 767 calories today yesterday :smile:
    Todays workout was a bit easier but for some reason those damn juming jacks got to me a bit. Oh well they will start to get easier.

Have a great day and only 28 more days to go!!!!! :drinker:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    hello all!

day 2 done here as well. i didnt have time to elliptical tonight because i had to make a 45 minute stop on the way home. i think that is good though, maybe i will just elliptical every other day...still working out the details.

i am excited to try a new DVD tomorrow! a little nervous too - that jillian is tough!

great job peeps! so glad we are doing this!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Well I tired Jillian's Shred It With Weights tonight for the first time with a 10lb kettlebell and wow my legs are killing right now!!

Just wanted to share :smile:

Good job tonight!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Well day 3 is now done!

I have never done No More Trouble Zones and omg it kicked my butt!! I never realized how weak my core is!! There were a lot of core exercises I could not do or could just do a couple. Oh well it will get better as time goes on.

My hamstrings are killing me from Jillans kettlebell workout last night so tonight's workout is going to either be a 2 mile run or Jillians Yoga Meltdown which I have never done either.

Good luck everyone!
  • Pitterpatter
    Options
    i bought the No More Trouble Zones yesterday. i can't do the Shred or BFBM at the moment b/c of my leg. i have to do some sort of exercise before i go insane!!! :frown:
  • Pitterpatter
    Options
    what do you all log No More Trouble Zones under?
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Sorry I have a heart rate monitor.
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Just wanted to share that I just finished Jillians Yoga Meltdown. Not as intense as I thought it would be but some difficult moves thats forsure!

I know I will get better and more flexable since it was my first time.

Hope everyone has a great workout tonight!
  • heather0mc
    Options
    hey everyone!

all i have to say is HOLY @#$%^&*+?":{|~!!!!!

No More Trouble Zones is not &*^%N around! I am with Jenn - there were SEVERAL things i couldn't even do. Lunges are not my strong suit. I had to switch between 5lb and 3lb to no weights at all. I am so surprised - makes the 30-day Shred look like nothing!

I really am truly in shock. Wow. I really thought I was in better shape than this considering I have been working out for about 2 and a half months now. WOW.

I am looking forward to this workout getting easier, no doubt. I am 100% sure this 30 day challenge is going to give everyone visible results.
  • heather0mc
    Options
    what do you all log No More Trouble Zones under?

i think circuit training or aerobics would work. :bigsmile:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Anyone notice Jillian's pant button is undone the entire time during level 2?

Also, anyone appreciate the fact she only says that dam phase "don't phone it in" once in level 2. Ugh, hate that phrase, phone in what? Like calling in sick, quitting? LAME!

Just tonight's observations...
  • heather0mc
    Options
    Anyone notice Jillian's pant button is undone the entire time during level 2?

Also, anyone appreciate the fact she only says that dam phase "don't phone it in" once in level 2. Ugh, hate that phrase, phone in what? Like calling in sick, quitting? LAME!

Just tonight's observations...

level 2 of the 30 day shred? LOL! i didnt...oh we could post a whole new thread on this subject!

i cannot stand how she speaks in the beginning of the DVD (when you cant FF): "this workout is made up of threeSELFCONTAINEDwork-outs..."

why does she go all mr. roboto on us???

ANNND you can totally tell that NMTZ came out after the shred. it is much more, i dont know, rehearsed maybe? not so choppy and awkward when she speaks to the smiley girls. i think in NMTZ all the girls are instructed to say is "OH YEA!!" with a big smile.