Dear Woman in Makeup at the Gym

Options
Achrya
Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
I see you there, Woman wearing Makeup at the Gym. I see you in your yoga shorts, showing off thighs that look like they're carved from rock and an *kitten* an artist would weep over, and your tank top showing guns to die for. I see you with your carefully curled hair, held back with a headband that has the nerve to match your shirt, you smell faintly of apples, and have tastefully painted fingernails, with not a single chip that I can see.

I know you see the looks, feel the frowns and scowls, and perhaps hear the whispers about how you're just here to find a man, aren't here to really work, are shallow, a trophy stepford wife, and certainly not at all kind or intelligent.

But you and I know the truth. When I was on the bench you asked me, full of nervous kindness, if I minded if you worked in because you were on your lunch break and only had an hour. You offered to spot me but did it just right, never once going to touch the bar until my very last rep of my last set. You were quick when you added weight to what I was benching and equally as quick to take it off for my next set. You chatted pleasantly about your program and how long you'd been lifting and how your husband got you into it.

And when you were done you smiled happily, told me thanks and that you hoped to see my again sometime because you love talking to other woman who lift, and went off to do some box jumps that I'm pretty sure gave me DOMS just to behold.

Dear Woman in Makeup at the Gym, today was a crap day for me. I didn't feel well, I didn't want to be at the gym, but talking to you was the nicest part of my time there. You brightened my day. Other's may suck their teeth, seething as you stride out with your makeup still in place, but I say keep doing you and keep ignoring them, because who are they anyway?

Nobody at all.

Dear Woman in Makeup at the Gym, it was nice to meet you. Remain awesome. Tomorrow I wear lipgloss in your honor.

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    :heart:

:drinker:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I love this!!! Shoot I love sexy women at my gym... all da eye candy... nom... :heart:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Excellent.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I see you there, Woman wearing Makeup at the Gym. I see you in your yoga shorts, showing off thighs that look like they're carved from rock and an *kitten* an artist would weep over, and your tank top showing guns to die for. I see you with your carefully curled hair, held back with a headband that has the nerve to match your shirt, you smell faintly of apples, and have tastefully painted fingernails, with not a single chip that I can see.

This paragraph....
    bo1uvg4.gif?1

I mean.....inspiration and yay and stuff.....

but still...
    bo1uvg4.gif?1
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • stopdropandstay
    stopdropandstay Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    love it! So nice reading something that ISN'T a complaint about another woman who is seemingly "perfect". So refreshing, I love everything about this (:
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    :heart: yay for positivity
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Dear Beautiful Woman Who Doesn't Feel Well talking to Woman in Makeup at the Gym: You inspire me. :flowerforyou:
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Best thread I've read in a long time. ❤️
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mso8auuUYb1qz4rgp.gif
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I was all set to come in here and rip somebody a new one, and now I've got this weird fuzzy feeling. I should probably go to bed before I end up being nice to somebody.
  • jasmang
    jasmang Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude!! Nothing wrong with looking good and knowing it!
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Aww you're welcome sweetie, anytime!
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Just awesome.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • _imperfextionisbeauty_
    Options
    Fantastic! Love it!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

I can see the lipstick in your picture with my phone off...you would...
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with a bad assed hottie
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

:laugh: