Dear Woman in Makeup at the Gym

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I've read this before but it was about a guy running and seeing overweight people running and when he started you thought he was being mean but then turned it into a positive.

I will get on board with the yoga pants though. nice!

http://news.distractify.com/people/to-the-fatty-running-on-the-track-this-afternoon/

I'm actually not a fan of that particular piece.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I've read this before but it was about a guy running and seeing overweight people running and when he started you thought he was being mean but then turned it into a positive.

I will get on board with the yoga pants though. nice!

http://news.distractify.com/people/to-the-fatty-running-on-the-track-this-afternoon/

I'm actually not a fan of that particular piece.

Any excuse to repost this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/delicious_cocktail/view/fat-girl-running-615479
  • Smpo1979
    Smpo1979 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This positive shiz just made my day....I'm not reading anything else on the internet today....don't want to spoil it :)

Thanks for spreading awesomesauce all over my Friday!
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'll admit like some others I was a little hesitant to click on this title, but glad I did. I am one of those make up wearing women-- an hour lunch break isn't enough time to take off makeup, work out, shower, and put make up back on, therefore I leave it. Besides I see no laws or rule stating that I cant wear it in my gym....but if there were any I wouldn't have signed up there any ways.

Good job OP! I love the way it was written!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    :) So nice to read something not bagging on women who wear makeup at the gym!!
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Love this :)
  • JodieSmith15
    JodieSmith15 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Love this so much!!!
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!

I was fully expecting a catty rant like so many others do on this site! Thanks for a great post.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    This was the perfect first post read of the day. Thanks for sharing! xo
  • foxandnegayo
    foxandnegayo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love it!
    I:drinker:
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    ily:heart:
  • Shan_Lindsay
    Shan_Lindsay Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    :smile: :drinker:
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    Great post! I really enjoyed reading it first thing this morning. It might make for a positive day ahead ????
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :wink: :drinker:

Loved the post. As a woman that goes to the gym in the mornings without makeup and in the afternoons with makeup on, I really appreciate this post! Have a wonderful day!
  • euregirl
    euregirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I loved this so much! Thank you for putting such a positive spin on what so many try to make negative. Cheers to you!
  • Syrupcity67
    Syrupcity67 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lovely post
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I love this!! Really who cares if someone is wearing makeup at the gym. Maybe it gives them confidence. Maybe it makes them feel better about being around others. Or they're on a lunch break like in the OP. Really, it doesn't matter!! Just worry about yourself!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I wasn't expecting anything negative. I thought it was going to be supportive.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,943 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude!! Nothing wrong with looking good and knowing it!

Especially when you can do it without rubbing it in people's faces - when people know you're just doing it for you and you can still have compassion.

Yayz.