WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2014

Options

Replies

• nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

I received a phone call this morning from one of my closest friends with distressing news. I am upset and helpless so please send good vibes our way!

I have been stalled in the weight loss department since February. I've been doing research on TDEE and discovered that, according to at least one site, that I probably reached my ideal weight at that point due to my estimated body fat percentage. Although the scale didn't show the number I was looking for, I was actually not displeased with my size other than firming up some jiggly parts. Since then, I've gained 7-10 lbs (depending on the day) and, according to every TDEE and BMR chart I can find, I am eating less than my BMR every day. Everything I read indicates that this may have caused my hormones and metabolism to be out of whack, therefore causing the weight loss to stall. It scares the bejeezus out of me to think about eating my TDEE (or even 15% below TDEE) because it is so much higher than what I'm eating now. I'm not sure if it is a just bunch of nonsense or if the idea of eating at the calorie goal of the TDEE of the weight I want to be makes sense. I had planned to maintain for about six months instead of losing to let my body "reset", but ended up not (at least, not on purpose :bigsmile: ). I'm thinking I made a mistake by not increasing my calories to maintenance level for a while and am wondering if I should do so now. And, for those of you doing successful maintenance, do you eat back all of your exercise calories? Do any of you use TDEE in your calorie planning? I know that we usually provide lots of support to each other for all kinds of things instead of "dieting" advice, but this is one of those things I'd really like your input on. This is the first time I've been this frustrated in over a year on this journey! :angry: Even though I've had some misses over the past few months, for probably at least 90% of the time, I've been on target. I'm so confused!!

I'm off to get a few things done before grabbing a quick lunch, visiting with my therapist (the timing of that appointment was serendipitous!), and going to see potential new homes. The phone call has shaken me so that I'm not quite as excited about the house hunting as I was just because I'm upset.

Have a great remainder of the day!

Carol in NC
  • ondopa
    ondopa Posts: 4
    Options
    “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

Love this quote! My problem is that I give up all the time, when I have a bad day I make an excuse and say I will start again next week..........WELL next week is here, I am tired of being depressed and feeling tired and in a rut. I am going to make small goals for August, Katla49, thanks for the post.

Patti
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Wow you miss a day and look how the pages add up! Holy cats! Well it’s Friday and not only that, it’s the last Friday of my official summer vacation. Sob sob sob. Actually next week is shut down week but I plan to go in three days. Since no one will be there I can get a lot of work done for once. I am, as usual, way behind where I wanted to be at the end of summer, but without distractions, I can get caught up.

I too have had a bad start to August. I have not been exercising and have been eating off plan. I’m getting as lazy as the cats. Hopefully a structured week will help put some structure back in my life! There have been lots of crazy eating nights and god-knows what else going on around here. I just totally lack motivation.

Lesley so sorry the visit did not go well, but you and hubby did a good thing by asking her to leave. Now you’ll get back on track

Michele: love the magnet! Your pictures are grand. Do you hire out???

Kim: wow what a menu! Sounds wonderful

Patty: I agree…activity brings more activity and energy. Maybe that’s what’s wrong with me….no activity leads to no motivation~

Sylvia: it is so wrong to manipulate children the way the ex is doing. I hope that gets resolved soon

Rita; wow thanks for giving us so much to thing about!

Carol: good job on the personal best stepping!

Jane; I might have missed it; what’s the latest on your house search

Katla: a free day! I’d waste it wondering what to do! LOL

Vicki: thank you for sharing! I’m glad it all worked out for you. I just worry because intellectually she is 14 and will not improve over that; she has reached her potential and really believes this child will meet all her needs Sad

Tere: welcome back!

Hubby is wearing the fitbit I got him for his birthday…he’s getting about 2000 steps a day, so just like me, he’ll make a goal of adding 500 steps and work on that for a week, then Hopefully go up again.

Sorry this is so hit and miss. Many interruptions. I have enjoyed the posts about food and gmo's. Need to get the grocery shopping done. Welcome to all the new ladies. Take care all, Meg from cloudy Omaha
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    TGIF~So we went past a set of apts yesterday,thinking that was the one for rent,it is for rent,but not the one I had been talking to the lady about.This one has 2 floors and rent is very reasonable.Nice size rooms,should here today or tomorrow.That townhouse still has a for rent sign up and won`t call back.Nuts.We have that little house to check if this falls thru.The lady is cool about cats,will pay a deposit for them.
    Keep you posted.
    HUGS:heart:
    jane
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday beautiful ladies.:happy: I am working my 8 hour shift and then I am off the weekend. Have a going away BBQ tomorrow afternoon for DGS that is leaving for college next week. Going to take 2 DGDs and both GGS with us. DEXDIL will not invite my son so I will take the girls. I will be glad when DGS is at college then him and DS can hopefully work out a relentionship. I have learned to keep my mouth shut or she will not let us see him either. :mad: My doctors appointment yesterday went well. He did add another pill for my moods and told me the one I was taking does make you want to eat. I said it would of been nice if I's known that. Anyway he added this new one to go with it. So will see if that helps and levels my moods out. He was very happy with my blood work and my weight. He told me the weight I lost is great and I may not lose much more. I thought WHAT????. Also told me my body is getting used to the exercise so it will be slow going. I know it is slow going but I want it to go down not up. Alway I don't go back to him for 6 months.

Diane--I download my pictures to Walgreens. Then I can order prints, but they are saved to that site under my name and only can be acessed by my password.

Jane--Keeping you in our prayers for a house that is just right for you. I just don't understand some people, They must not want to rent the place very bad if not calling you back. My DBIL that has been staying with us is house hunting so DSIL can move up here. So do you have a date that you have to be moved out by?

Sylvia--I understand about DH and the grandchildren. My DH is good with the little ones and they know he will spoil them.:smooched:

Renny--Glad things worked out so you could be with DD and the new baby. Glad to hear your mom is stable.

Got myself a new pair of Nebraska Husker ear rings today in the gift shop. I enjoy wearing them on game days. Also got acouple Husker and hunting things for DGS dorm room for the party tomorrow. Got a watermelon last evening at Sam's and DH thinks he wants to crave it speical so will see how that goes. I am going to make some devil eggs to take also.

Tere--So glad you were not hurt bad.

Carol--Prayers to you and your friend. Hope it all works out for the best.

Patti--you can do this. One day at a time-One step at a time. Remember you are not in this alone.

Well it is trying to rain out and I am walking home from work in about 40 minutes. I like walking in the rain if not real hard. Hope you have a good day and a better tomorrow.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Carol,

The way I have maintained is I do use their maintenance calories as a guide when I log. I only log when I go over my two pound limit. I weigh in on Fridays and if I am over logging here I come. I do weigh myself everyday, so I did have a good idea this week I was going to have to log again.I will log now until I reach my goal weight on Fridays. I am fairly tall 5'8" and very active with walking and gardening. On average I have another 300 calories according to their calculations. I do not always eat these back because I am given quite generous daily amount. I find the things that put weight on me is not getting enough good sleep, eating out, not watching my portions, and having ice cream. All four happened this week and thus will be watching myself more closely the next week or two. I call my diet a high fiber diet. My goal when I log is to go over the daily fiber they recommend. To do this I need to eat lots of fruits, veggies, nuts, and whole grains like oats.For the probiotics I try to eat Greek Yogurt instead of ice cream. I do not care for fish so I try to have flax and chia seeds and some high quality fish oil. When I eat this way my weight stays at my goal weight and I feel healthy and my cravings for foods high is salt, fat and sugar goes down.

Hope you find what works for you. Here for you.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

I've been reading all the posts, just have had zero time to comment:grumble: !

Carol:smile: I'm so glad you made that call!!!! Sending good thoughts to you and your friend!!! I've been up and down 3 to 4 pounds for over a year now, it's so annoying:explode: !!!! I just use the calories MFP gives me, sometimes I would eat some of the exercise cals back and sometimes not. For the past few months I've not been logging my food, just eating mindfully (most of the time), and my weight is still the same, I'm just thankful I'm not gaining. My Dr. told me to keep on doing what I'm doing. I hope you find someone here who does the TDEE, and can answer your question! Stay dry this weekend, looks like we're in for some major rain fall:frown: .

Cindy:smile: You look marvelous!!!! My tummy is totally jealous:blushing: , it sure wishes it looked like yours!

Katla:smile: Sending good wishes to DH on surgery:flowerforyou: !!! Hope the timing of that and new baby on the way works out! Are you driving to be with DD or flying? Hope you have an enjoyable lunch with DSIL!!!

Michele:smile: Awesome pics!!!! Look at all that river rock:noway: ! You and Vince have done a fantastic job!!

Barbie:smile: How many performances do you usually do in a year? I know you have one at a fair, and put on a show at the assisted living home. Are you enjoying your time without Jake?

Meg:smile: I really feel like I've not had summer vacation:cry: !!! it seems like yesterday we were all complaining ( or a least I was:embarassed: ) about the cold weather. I can't believe it's August already:noway: . I am ready however to have my routine back to normal!

Mimi:smile: I love that you're still signing with SVQ:heart: .

Jane Martin:smile: Keeping everything crossed you find just the perfect place:flowerforyou: !

Rita :smile: Hope the Dr. appt. goes well, and hope you're feeling much better soon:flowerforyou: !

Tere:smile: So good to see you again!!! Glad you didn't get hurt any more than you did:flowerforyou: !!!

Welcome to everyone new:flowerforyou: !!! This is a wonderful thread filled with wonderful supportive women!!! Come in often and chat away!!!

Painters are finishing up in the house today:bigsmile: . That means next week I will have my house back....they will still be here but outside!!! Then the next week I'm having a crew come in to wash the windows inside and out and clean my chandeliers :bigsmile: . Then I should be totally finished!!! I've been doing this reno since March:noway: ....it will be so nice to have everything completely done!!!!

Have a wonderful day ladies!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: !!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in soggy NC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    TGIF!

Carol, I am so sorry for your distressing news.

Christina (hope I'm remembering the correct name), I really needed your post today. I have been struggling with feelings of dissatisfaction, myself, and needed the pep talk.

My first job in my consulting business went well yesterday, but I was super tired when I got home. I thoroughly enjoy it but glad it is not every day.

Tere, what a scary experience with the neighbor's dog! Glad you and your dog are okay.

More later, maybe,

K in NEGA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Im Baaaaaaack!!!
    The laptop is working, will see for how long, and if it stays working....
    hope you all have been ok, I will apologize in advance because I didnt go back and read everything.. but will start from here..:wink:
    I have missed you all so very much..
    all is pretty well here, except my heel is starting to give me issues again.. might end up parking my butt on the recumbent bike for cardio, I have been doing well with eating and exercising for the last few days. but the scale isnt moving,,, it will eventually I know..
    I know some of you saw the new profile picture...
    this is one of me and one of our local meteorologists.. really nice guy.. I posted it to facebook. and got so many complements ,I was:blushing:
    I have been feeling very plump, and really other than my fat belly roll, I am in better shape.. wish I could just chop it off...
    DH is leaving for Watkins Glen early tomorrow morning and I am on my own for the weekend.. I have to work tomorrow until noon, then come home take care of the dogs, go visit DFIL and then for a walk on a trail..
    then I am taking myself to Whole Foods and walk around and check stuff out..
    dont know if I had told you that DFIL ended up in the hospital overnight with a UTI , he was threatening and cursing at th staff down there.. much better and back at the convelecent home on antibiotics...
    will check in before work tomorrow .. hope I didnt miss anything good:bigsmile:
  • 710daisy
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone! Hope you all have been enjoying the summer! This is my first post on MFP even thought I have been using MFP for about a year now off and on. This month I need to really get motivated to consistantly track my food and exercise so that I can hit that I can break through that wall where you feel like it is apart of your life and don't want to go back. I kept blaming my weight gain on hormones and finally hit the post menopause stage of life. However, I am realizing that it isn't just the hormones. I have to change my habits. I was reading this quote and don't know who it is by but I think it is to the point. I wanted to share with you all:

You can't focus on the output, You can't control the output, You can only control the input. If you control the input, the output takes care of itself.

I am going to try and remember this the next time I am craving that chocolate bar or cheese cake.
  • Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Afternoon, My Sweet Ladies!

It has been a busy and long day for me. I'm still at work, and have 1 1/2 hours to go. :ohwell: I'm not use to working this late. My normal hours are 7:30 - 4:00, but since the other receptionist took off, I had to work 8:30-5:30. :grumble: Good thing this won't be happening too much longer. :tongue:

I am really enjoying being in the "community". All of you ladies have been a God Send for me. I can use all the help and encouragement I can get! :wink:

I have been reading eveyone's post and will hopefully get to know each of you on a more personal basis. I know some of you have had things going on way before I came along. I hope I can learn from all of you and also help give you some help.

Christian - I do understand about lower back pain. I have always heard that there are certain exercises are good for your back. I may have to look into that. I'm sure I'm no worse than you, it's just where the arthritus is located....in my foot. :grumble: was walking on a treadmill, but my foot started to hurt me more. That's when I decided to see a podiatrist and found that I had a severe case of artritus. I will be looking in to other types of exercises at the health club I will be joining.

Katia and Michele - Thanks for telling me about the swimming and yoga. Two things of which I will be doing. I found out the club I will be joining has a pool, therapy pool, and a whirlpool. Also teach a class called "Svaroopa Yoga Basics" I guarantee I will be taking these classes. :wink:

Gloria - The diet you are on sounds just like the one my doctor put me on. It is hard for me to stay strickly on it. I seem to be staying under my calories, but the carbs are kicking my butt.:frown: However, I do find I don't "freak out" about it. I just do the best I can the next day. Hopefully when I start exercising I will burn some of the carbs off.

Anne - :drinker: High Five to you on your experience with Home Depot. I don't know what it is with some people and not helping us older folks. A friend of mine was just telling me of her experiencs with Home Depot. She went to (5) different people who "blew her off" before she finally found one young fellow that was curtious and very helpful. She later told the manager what happened and the young man will receive a $50.00 bonus in his next paycheck! Bet those other people won't be so rude next time.

To all you other lovely ladies, I think you are all awesome. Thank you for accepting me here. I look forward to learning from all of you! Hope you have a wonderful Friday evening! :flowerforyou:

(((((HUGS))))) Pam in LA. :wink:
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello Ladies , week has just flown by I did lose one pound so that's good and have been adding more steps everyday
    even though my bad knee is acting up and the good one is out on sympathy.

:flowerforyou: grandmallie: nice picture you look fantastic, nice to see you back, hope your laptop hangs in there

Well just got all the camping gear put away and now have 4 family members going to stop in overnite at different times over the next week I live were its a good pit stop between going from west to eastern Canada and a lot of our family lives out west,
    I really need Heather and Michele and their magic freezers lol oh well its just for a few days and will give me more time in moving around cleaning and not thinking about eating unlike some of you I don't stress eat I just don't eat under stress then catch up later I think its all the same need to work on that.

Welcome to all our new ladies

wishing everyone a great weekend

Juanita in sudbury
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options

Gloria - The diet you are on sounds just like the one my doctor put me on. It is hard for me to stay strickly on it. I seem to be staying under my calories, but the carbs are kicking my butt.:frown: However, I do find I don't "freak out" about it. I just do the best I can the next day. Hopefully when I start exercising I will burn some of the carbs off.

(((((HUGS))))) Pam in LA. :wink:

I've found that planning, even a day or two, in advance and having the necessary foods handy makes all the difference in the world. I think it might be a Kroger brand but I found these "Enlightened" brand ice cream treats. Naturally sweetened. Low calories, some protein, etc. The chocolate bar only has 70 calories of chocolate goodness. I also put good quality cocoa powder with some Ideal or Truvia in my protein smoothies.

I always have clean lettuce and salad veggies handy. I can toss in some shrimp, chicken, ham, etc. and make a lunch out of it.

As frustrating as it is, we just have to find the right "recipe" for our individual bodies. Each of us is different and there's tons of info out there. Lots of it is conflicting. Some is good but not necessarily applicable to all.

All I know is that I can just get up each day and do my best. When it doesn't "work" then I try something different until it does. It's great that we have all these tools, technology, support, etc. but that's just what it is.

I'm trying to focus on my health and happiness to enrich my life, not get in the way of it or "own" it....as frustrating as it is anymore. :ohwell:

Zumba was fun, and hard, today. Going to ride tomorrow. Probably just 15-20 miles, mostly because I have so much else to do this weekend. Nothing "fun". Feeling a little bummed that most of the summer has passed and I haven't had any "grown up" fun. My neighbor offered me his Lions season tickets for next week's pre-season game. I'd love to take them but it's a night game and I can't see in the dark and don't really have anyone to go with, who's available that night. Time to make some new friends. :smile:

Time to feed my Hay Day addiction until I pull my boy off his Xbox addiction. Catch ya'll later.

xo- Gloria in Metro Detroit
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! I've been tied to my desk, drafting all day, and my feet are so swollen! I have them propped up right now and soon we will go walk with the dogs. I made pasta for dinner. Mine was whole wheat spaghetti with cherry tomatoes sautéed in olive oil with garlic and basil. I added ground turkey breast for some protein. It was delicious, but honestly I am getting burned out on cherry tomatoes. I took a big container to work and snacked on them for lunch and have a huge bowl still in the refrigerator. Then I got home to find hubby had picked another huge bowl!

Today I was going to take my son and the kids to buy shoes for school, but he had his infusion today and didn't feel very well afterward. We have another week, and have to get school clothes too, so I see a lot of shopping in my future.

Yesterday as I was driving home from my friend's house in Joplin, I noticed that the new Baskin Robins store was open. (There had not been one in this area before.) After a very tiny little jerk where my car tried to turn into the parking lot, I just drove right past! After I got out of the Air Force I worked for a time at a Baskin Robins store as a cake decorator. We were allowed two scoops of free ice cream on our shifts. Well, at first I didn't want any. Then, just one. Then both. Then mine plus any the other employees didn't want, all smothered with hot fudge. That was the beginning of the end for me. I think that's where my weight really started creeping up and set a new pattern in my eating. So passing that store by was a big deal for me.

Here is today's joke of the day:

:happy:

Three old couples were having tea one fine day. There were all chatting and whatnot when one of the men, trying to get a chuckle, said to his wife, "Pass the honey, honey!” Getting the chuckle he expected, he carried on. A moment later, the second man said, "Pass the sugar, sugar!" This got a bit of a bigger laugh, so the third man, although not quite as clever or quick-witted as the other two, decided to join in the fun. He waited for the perfect opportunity, cleared his throat and then confidently said, "Pass the tea, bag!"

:laugh:

Have a good evening!

Sylvia
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options

Yes, I often feel "unsatisfied" with 1200 calories, but I keep trying to remind myself that the sacrifices will be worth the accomplished goal. It may take longer than I had hoped, but when I remember my choice is either just forget it and gain more weight and be less fit OR stay the course and reap the reward. I also keep remembering a mantra I heard years ago (from Weight Watchers, I think), "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." I may not end up "skinny", but if I'm trim and fit, that will be great!

Christina

It's a quote from Kate Moss, many years ago...
  • MimiPersists
    MimiPersists Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Heather (reiterated by Katia), thank you for the good advice...DON'T LET THE PERFECT BE THE ENEMY OF THE GOOD. I'm going to let that one seep into my consciousness. It's actually GREAT advice. Now, if I say it to myself enough - and practice it enough - maybe I'll be able to live it as well as think it.

My first chance to practice is about an hour from now. I'll be trekking up to Boeger, one of the local wineries, with a friend from down the street, DD, DSIL, their kids and a host of their friends and other kids to listen to the free concert. The concert (bluegrass, this time, one of my favorites) is always amazing, and the kids dance and dance. We'll have lots of goodies to nosh on (I've already scoped out tomatoes and zucchini and have eaten a late lunch.

Of course there will be more calorific goodies than tomatoes and zucchini but I plan to have them, if I have them at all, in moderation. I'm not drinking wine anyway so, lucky for me, that's not a consideration. (Although they do have a good Barbera!)

Thinking of you with fondness and gratitude and remembering not to let perfect get in the way of good.

Mimi :heart:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Carol in NC: Take a deep breath. You’ve been under a big load of stress with so many changes in your life and selling your house. MFP’s “maintenance” calories were not right for me, and I had to set maintenance quite a bit lower. My maintenance calorie limit is only 30 calories higher than my weight loss limit! :grumble: For now, I’d recommend getting back to your weight loss diet—which I am currently doing, too, then when back at goal, gradually increase your calorie limit until you find your balance. :flowerforyou:

Patti: I’m happy my quotation spoke to you, as it does to me. Welcome to a very supportive group of women. Where are you from? It is fun to know. We have women here from all over the world.:flowerforyou:

Meg: My “free” day had a pleasant surprise. We had a call from DSIL telling us she was here visiting her daughter, and could we meet. She came for lunch and we had a lovely visit.:bigsmile:

DeeDee: I don’t know what combination of flying and driving this trip will call for. I can't plan ahead at this point & need to take it one day at a itme. The next day I’ll get important new information is Tuesday. Thanks for thinking of me.:flowerforyou:

Alison: Welcome back!:flowerforyou:

710 Daisy: I love your comment on controlling input.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia: Congratulations on driving past Baskin Robbins! Ice cream is one of those things that can tip me onto the wrong path. I can’t keep any in the house, but I CAN go to the local store and by a cone. I eat it and it’s gone. I don’t feel compelled to finish a carton, or tempted by something in my freezer.:flowerforyou:

We got an unexpected call from DSIL today and found out she’s in the area visiting her daughter, AND just happened to have a free day. She came out for lunch. We had Mexican beef stuffed mushrooms with cheddar and salad, with watermelon for dessert. It was great. She’s been dieting, too, and looks wonderful. She will be “grandpa” sitting DH while I go to CO to support DD’s birth of DGS. It has been a good day. I’m still nervous about making the calendar work so that I can be there for DD. It is a significant source of stress. One day at a time.:ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

August Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    So hubby got a call about the 1st townhse we were interested.Not we have 3 possibilities.
    Something should pan out.
    Keep you posted-Jane finds a home will be conitnued.
    HUGS
    jane
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Greetings from the land of sunshine, dancing, and dog walking. Tonight we dance at Relay for Life....since we dance at 7 PM which is what time I'm usually headed for bed, I took a nap with the pets this afternoon.

:flowerforyou: The performance at the County Fair will be next Saturday and there have already been discussions about the performances at Assisted Living homes in December. Some performances are planned far in advance and others are surprises that come up at the last minute.

:laugh: There is no rest for the dog mama......the girls are staring at me and waiting for an after supper walk.

:heart: Barbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington

942810vcwbka8k5c.gif942810vcwbka8k5c.gif
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Listen UP.
    Two years ago I was persuaded to joint Michelle Bridge's 12WBT challenge for 12 weeks. I was 20%BF when I started and 24%Bf at end of 12 weeks. I had lost weight BUT it was lean body weight I lost. She had me on a TOTAL of 1200 calories and 400 cals exercise daily. I questioned this and told OK. :mad: :angry: :cry:
    Went back to Tom Venuto's Inner Circle and he worked everything out for me. My BMR is 1881 and I was to eat between 1800 and 2000 calories a day. I was to deduct exercise claries from food calories and STAY withing that range. He called me an IDIOT for listening to Michelle, he also said I was in starvation mode and would take weeks eating around 2100 calories and training to get back to where I was. :brokenheart: :laugh: :smile:
    1200 calories is too low. You need to work out BMR etc and food calories. deduct exercise calories from total food calories and eat healthy.
    OK preaching done as been there done that bought the T-shirt.

Today my total weigh is going down again.:smile:
    I have ONLY been walking the dog, cleaning house and gardening this week, plus getting budget back on track again.
    Sunday is my scheduled REST day and walking only allowed. Back to training Monday again..

Lesley in Tasmania