Do i have to be upset part 2

Options
Yesterday posted a question about how my long distance boyfriend cancelled a trip to coming to see me over a fight with his mom and that he was upset. Well last night after I tried texting him telling him that coming to see me would be a great way to get away from the stress and put his mind off it and he finally responded and said he wont make it this weekend and that there is always a future so my attempts to convinced him failed. I got upset and told that we should part ways since he didn't appreciate the hassle I went though so I can see him.I then told him that I wasn't feeling his bs. then I said good bye!He just said ``farewell`` which made even more upset since it seems like he doesn't even care .so that was the end of it.Here is the link from yesterday post for those who didn't see it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1377006-do-i-have-the-right-to-be-upset

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Not surprised at all. Again, if he cancelled a trip to see you over a fight with his mommy then you weren't a priority. These things happen, but at least it's settled and you can move on.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    You're probably better off honestly?

Obviously there's a million pieces of a relationship that's it's impossible to explain to a third party, two sides to every story, etc., but if you said it's over and he was so blase about it, you're probably better anyway. Which doesn't stop it from hurting and being frustrating, I know.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Good for you, OP! Stand up for yourself. If he wasn't willing to make it right, kick the loser to the curb. I'm sure you'll have no trouble upgrading.
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    You're probably better off honestly?

Obviously there's a million pieces of a relationship that's it's impossible to explain to a third party, two sides to every story, etc., but if you said it's over and he was so blase about it, you're probably better anyway. Which doesn't stop it from hurting and being frustrating, I know.

thank you
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Cool, MFP got what it hoped for. :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free.

For steak, of course.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Not surprised at all. Again, if he cancelled a trip to see you over a fight with his mommy then you weren't a priority. These things happen, but at least it's settled and you can move on.

This man always seems to be a voice of reason and rational thought.......it's really rare around here so listen to this....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    He's a coward. I'm sorry he treated you that way.

I still think you should have enjoyed your weekend and dealt with this next week. I hope you still have a good weekend anyway.
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    1367496144-golf-clap.gif
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    So.....you're now single? How you doin'?
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You're 29. Move on already.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You should NOT be upset. Be glad you dodged a bullet.

Sounds like a tool.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options

Agreed. Move on.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Anyone willing to just walk away with a "farewell" was not that invested IMO. It sucks, and I'm sorry it ended this way, but you're better off not wasting anymore time. Best of luck.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    You broke up with him because of a change of plans?

Please tell me you're not any older than 19.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Really sorry that it turned out this way, but better now than if you've made any further commitments. Don't worry about what MFP wants or doesn't want. You have to take care of yourself. Now you're single with an open weekend. Go out and enjoy it, and no matter how hard it can be at certain moments, try to not give this guy more thought.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    this must not have been too serious a relationship...which is good.

you shouldnt have much to get over, and now you can get back out there!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    You broke up with him because of a change of plans?

Please tell me you're not any older than 19.

I've walked away for less. That's the deal when it isn't right. Why waste someone's time?