Do i have to be upset part 2

Options

Replies

• kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    You broke up with him because of a change of plans?

Please tell me you're not any older than 19.

I've walked away for less. That's the deal when it isn't right. Why waste someone's time?

Definitely. If I were in this situation having already switched my work schedule to meet up with a long distance boyfriend, and he bailed... it would have been over. Sorry, you don't care enough to take the time to see me, then I will find someone who does. Simple. as. that. Plus, even if he did have a fight with his mom, and his story is legit.. Who wants a partner who gets in a tizzy over a fight with mommy? Give me a break. What a turn off.

Not throwing all the blame on OP. They both seem like they'd be annoying to have a relationship with. But the whole thing seems like kids play.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    It sounds like you are feeling fairly alright, but just in case you're not, or to help deal with the sads, I want your next thread or comment here in a few days to be all about what you're doing for yourself now. Here are some of my suggestions: Spa day! or just nails and hair, girlfriend time, shopping, hiking, swimming, clubbing, getting super hot just for you, enjoying a hobby, and pretty much taking care of you in the most selfish way possible!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I need more details in order to make a decision.

I feel like there is more to both stories and maybe some history.

Or maybe he was just looking for a reason to break up.
  • kinkyslinky16
    Options
    OP, thank you SO MUCH for posting a part 2. this is going to be great.

oh and sorry for the breakup, feel better soon. :flowerforyou:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    I'm sorry that your feelings are hurt, but it does seem like it was for the best.

This comment isn't really geared just at you, but what happened to people actually talking about things. This all happened via text messages? Technology the downfall of conversation.

well I tried calling him he didn't respond so he was obviously scared to talk to me
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    OP, thank you SO MUCH for posting a part 2. this is going to be great.

oh and sorry for the breakup, feel better soon. :flowerforyou:

thank you:smile:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that your feelings are hurt, but it does seem like it was for the best.

This comment isn't really geared just at you, but what happened to people actually talking about things. This all happened via text messages? Technology the downfall of conversation.

well I tried calling him he didn't respond so he was obviously scared to talk to me

Ok OP I know how you are feeling we all been there. Why are you still giving this ex any energy? An ex is an example of what you don't want.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

I've walked away for less. That's the deal when it isn't right. Why waste someone's time?

Definitely. If I were in this situation having already switched my work schedule to meet up with a long distance boyfriend, and he bailed... it would have been over. Sorry, you don't care enough to take the time to see me, then I will find someone who does. Simple. as. that. Plus, even if he did have a fight with his mom, and his story is legit.. Who wants a partner who gets in a tizzy over a fight with mommy? Give me a break. What a turn off.

Not throwing all the blame on OP. They both seem like they'd be annoying to have a relationship with. But the whole thing seems like kids play.

Agree about the annoying bit, but we don't have a lot of context here. If he has a history of doing this, does that change things at all?

I just know from being in an LDR that it means sticking to your word about certain things. I can understand wanting to be alone when in a bad mood, but we'll never have the full story.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Not surprised at all. Again, if he cancelled a trip to see you over a fight with his mommy then you weren't a priority. These things happen, but at least it's settled and you can move on.

What this gentleman said.

Sorry about your break up. That must suck.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I need more details in order to make a decision.

I feel like there is more to both stories and maybe some history.

Or maybe he was just looking for a reason to break up.

I'm going with option #3. OP, move on, say goodbye, and never look back.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options

Agree about the annoying bit, but we don't have a lot of context here. If he has a history of doing this, does that change things at all?

I just know from being in an LDR that it means sticking to your word about certain things. I can understand wanting to be alone when in a bad mood, but we'll never have the full story.

But no one ever tells their bad parts.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

I know you said that yesterday, honestly, one call + one text - no reply = bye bye

You graduated high school, no need for that BS.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I have read both threads and now I am going to have my tuppence worth :-)

I think I would be annoyed off if my SO cancelled a planned weekend together for a lame *kitten* excuse like "I have had a fight with my mom". Especially if I had made so much effort to make it happen.
    But I would be extermely pissed off that he ignored my phone calls and didnt call me back.

He sounds like a mommys boy tool and you deserve better.
    In the real, grown up world, you can't ignore everyone because you are in a bad mood or have had a crap day!!
    If I didnt go home to my SO after a crap day at work, I would never go home lol.
    Going home to my fella is what makes the crap days better!!

Take time to yourself, enjoy life and then find someone who wants to spend time with you x
  • kinkyslinky16
    Options

But no one ever tells their bad parts.

Does that really matter though? Let's say she is annoying and harasses him.. He obviously doesn't want to spend time with her (or he would)... so................................ it's still time to reconsider the relationship and decide if this is what you want or something that you can handle. Even if she called him an AHOLE for bailing on her or sent him a long series of awful, degrading text messages right after he said he wasn't coming, or whatever........... that's still a time for "is this relationship worth it?" Bad parts or not, the relationship sounded like it needed to be reexamined by both parties.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Soooo. . what your'e saying is. . you need a NEW long-distance boyfriend! . *raises hand*
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You're probably better off honestly?

Obviously there's a million pieces of a relationship that's it's impossible to explain to a third party, two sides to every story, etc., but if you said it's over and he was so blase about it, you're probably better anyway. Which doesn't stop it from hurting and being frustrating, I know.

thank you

^This
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    :smile:
    You're probably better off honestly?

Obviously there's a million pieces of a relationship that's it's impossible to explain to a third party, two sides to every story, etc., but if you said it's over and he was so blase about it, you're probably better anyway. Which doesn't stop it from hurting and being frustrating, I know.

thank you

^This
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    I have read both threads and now I am going to have my tuppence worth :-)

I think I would be annoyed off if my SO cancelled a planned weekend together for a lame *kitten* excuse like "I have had a fight with my mom". Especially if I had made so much effort to make it happen.
    But I would be extermely pissed off that he ignored my phone calls and didnt call me back.

He sounds like a mommys boy tool and you deserve better.
    In the real, grown up world, you can't ignore everyone because you are in a bad mood or have had a crap day!!
    If I didnt go home to my SO after a crap day at work, I would never go home lol.
    Going home to my fella is what makes the crap days better!!

Take time to yourself, enjoy life and then find someone who wants to spend time with you x

thank you:happy:
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Does that really matter though? Let's say she is annoying and harasses him.. He obviously doesn't want to spend time with her (or he would)... so................................ it's still time to reconsider the relationship and decide if this is what you want or something that you can handle. Even if she called him an AHOLE for bailing on her or sent him a long series of awful, degrading text messages right after he said he wasn't coming, or whatever........... that's still a time for "is this relationship worth it?" Bad parts or not, the relationship sounded like it needed to be reexamined by both parties.
    [/quote]

Great point. Just going off of what we know and not what we make up.