Replies

• Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4w9bwaYPo1r3ty02o1_400.gif
  • Onderwoman
    Onderwoman Posts: 130
    Options
    It both helps and hurts self esteem, and really has more to do with how the woman takes the attention, her past, and if she's ever been abused/seen as a sexual object and threatened.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Breast sizes fluctuate with weight gain/loss, pregnancies etc. I used to think they were the only thing that I had going for me, but I didn't like them/felt uncomfortable with the attention they received.

However, I have grown to love my breasts, and my entire body, and they are one of my many assets - right up there with my eyes, arms, legs, butt, back, shoulders. . . .hell, I think I'm awesome.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    In the past 18 months the girls have gone from a 44DDD to a nicely manageable 36C/D.

My self-esteem has not been affected at all due to mah bewbs, but more the fact that I am smaller now. Granted, they sure don't get the attention they used to, but I'm totally ok with that, because at the same time? *I* get the attention, rather than a couple of overly-ample fleshy mounds, LOL...

For me? Big bewbs =/= low self-esteem. Big everything else = low self-esteem. :wink:
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    i don't know about women but these moobs are killing my self esteem :cry:

^^^^...YUP...it Sucks
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to answer honestly, mine didn't show up until well in to high school by which point I was already a well established nerd girl with a big mouth so I can honestly say I've never once felt objectified because of the size of my chest. Guys that were my friends weren't stupid enough to be obvious about it and the rest of the guys at school tended to run away from me anyways :laugh: (I might have had a bit of an attitude problem).

I have however seen the effects it can have on women, especially when they start getting attention at a very young age, it's ROUGH, and yes, it can have a very negative impact on self esteem, especially if parents etc. are not providing a strong positive influence to counteract.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Meh I'm happy.
    My fiance is a fan of women with blonde hair and blue eyes.
    He's never looked above my chest so that's what he thinks he's marrying. Win/win.

Wait, I thought you were a red-head with green eyes?
    No, that's me. Quit looking at my breasts.

Wait...that's me. But since I don't have a head in this pic, I'll forgive ya this time.
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My large breasts have a hugely negative affect on my self-esteem, especially since I still have D cups at my lowest weight. They're the one part of my body that I feel shouldn't be there. I really, really don't like them.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I have large breasts but wear appropriate attire. If a woman with large breasts is wearing a skimpy top and a bra that is 2 sizes too small, of course people are going to stare at her breasts- male or female.

I wore a bra that was much more than two sizes too small for years because I didn't know any better, and I know plenty of young girls and women who dress the way they do because it's the only thing they are familiar with.
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    No they increase my self-esteem.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Meh I'm happy.
    He's never looked above my chest so that's what he thinks he's marrying. Win/win.

I'm sorry, did you say something? :wink:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to answer honestly, mine didn't show up until well in to high school by which point I was already a well established nerd girl with a big mouth so I can honestly say I've never once felt objectified because of the size of my chest. Guys that were my friends weren't stupid enough to be obvious about it and the rest of the guys at school tended to run away from me anyways :laugh: (I might have had a bit of an attitude problem).

I have however seen the effects it can have on women, especially when they start getting attention at a very young age, it's ROUGH, and yes, it can have a very negative impact on self esteem, especially if parents etc. are not providing a strong positive influence to counteract.

Agreed. I studied this in one of my psych research courses and found that young girls who "develop" at a faster rate than others can receive a lot of negative or unwanted attention (especially from older boys). It can certainly affect their self-esteem tremendously.
  • jnichel
    Options
    Meh I'm happy.

Wait...that's me. But since I don't have a head in this pic, I'll forgive ya this time.

I'm so confused. I have no idea who's boobs I'm looking at. :laugh:
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    They don't affect my self esteem in any way. However it is annoying that some times I don't get taken seriously regardless of what I'm wearing. That can get old rather quickly.
  • jnichel
    Options
    No they increase my self-esteem.

Slayer! \m/ :drinker:
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Define "large."
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Meh I'm happy.

I'm so confused. I have no idea who's boobs I'm looking at. :laugh:
    Does it matter?
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I think for women with larger breast (me included) we can love them, leave them, or don't care (me). Women with smaller breast that cannot fill out a regular size cup tend to have societies view of "big boobs" pushed on them even if they are happy with themselves. Hence the increase in implants to feel more comfortable and fit into clothes "better". Some women with small breast don't care either and love themselves. It all comes down to confidence and being happy with what you have no matter the cup size. We usually loose breast size because the body rids fat and we cant tell it where unfortunately.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Define "large."

Larger than a handfull, obviously.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I have large breasts but wear appropriate attire. If a woman with large breasts is wearing a skimpy top and a bra that is 2 sizes too small, of course people are going to stare at her breasts- male or female.

I wore a bra that was much more than two sizes too small for years because I didn't know any better, and I know plenty of young girls and women who dress the way they do because it's the only thing they are familiar with.

I followed the directions on this site and found out I am a 34G. Was doubtful, but bought a bikini online and it actually fits. I didn't get breasts until I was pregnant with my son at 24. It was shocking to say the least. Also, they have not gone down with weight loss. The tech who performed my mammogram said they are more tissue than fat, that is why.
    Anyway, here's the site... http://brittanyherself.com/2014/02/05/happy-boobs/