Do large Breasts affect Self-Esteem?

Options

Replies

• CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    My biggest complaint at the moment is that I can't buy tops that fit my body AND my boobs at the same time. If it fits my mid-section, it's too tight on my boobs...if it fits my boobs, it's too large on my mid-section.

Pain in the *kitten*.
    Stretchy material is key.

Yup, we posted at the same time the stretchy material theory!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

34G?? Okay, I know the basics of sizes for buying the wrong sizes for my wife over the years (I now know she's a 36C). The 34 is the inches measured around the torso just under the breasts, and the letter is the cup size, right? G? I know of DD's, heard rumors of E's, but we're past F to G? As a red blooded guy, I want to sit here and just let me jaw drop to the floor, but there's a question nagging me and keeping me from doing that. Do you have back problems?

Yeah, actually I do. And I have grooves in my shoulders from bra straps digging in. I am also more on the petite size, 5'3" and 134lbs...so I look disproportionate.

Again, the wow factor is replaced by, "ouch, you poor lady". :flowerforyou:
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I will say just because it's here in and I can.
    The one and only bad thing about a large chest, is no matter how small you are.. you never feel like you look it because there these things right in front of your face ALL THE TIME.

Oh yes, this. ^^^^
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My biggest complaint at the moment is that I can't buy tops that fit my body AND my boobs at the same time. If it fits my mid-section, it's too tight on my boobs...if it fits my boobs, it's too large on my mid-section.

Pain in the *kitten*.
    Stretchy material is key.

Yup, we posted at the same time the stretchy material theory!

:-)

For dresses, at least in summer, check out Burlington Coat Factory or TJ Maxx. They stock up on really cute sundresses that have good coverage.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options

34G?? Okay, I know the basics of sizes for buying the wrong sizes for my wife over the years (I now know she's a 36C). The 34 is the inches measured around the torso just under the breasts, and the letter is the cup size, right? G? I know of DD's, heard rumors of E's, but we're past F to G? As a red blooded guy, I want to sit here and just let me jaw drop to the floor, but there's a question nagging me and keeping me from doing that. Do you have back problems?

Yeah, actually I do. And I have grooves in my shoulders from bra straps digging in. I am also more on the petite size, 5'3" and 134lbs...so I look disproportionate.

Again, the wow factor is replaced by, "ouch, you poor lady". :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    most societies aren't equipped to help instill self-esteem in any woman, regardless of breast size but that's a whole other topic.

but anyway, the grass is always greener. for various reasons i wont go into women in western societies tend to be socialized to hate their bodies.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Anywho, personally, I like big boobs. I'm sad that mine shrank, so I'll be buying new ones in the next year or two. That will make me happier.

I'm telling ya! I will share!

Naw. No offense but if I wanted bigger ones made out of 'people bits' I'd just put weight back on. :wink:

No worries... just thought I would offer... because they are annoying to me as hell...

I often hear this but I have to say it was never a sentiment I shared. When I was heavier and my boobs were bigger I loved them. The thing I hated most about losing weight was the way my boobs shrank on me (I'm a 32DDD now.) But I also wear what I want, as I see fit, and that also seems to be a big complaint.

I don't know how tall you are, but I'm 5'1.5" (yup half inches count here)... and even at my weight... nothing fits right with my 34DD's... I can never find cute dresses that fit me properly, let alone shirts... even in a correct bra it's awkward. After I'm done having kids, I totally plan on taking them down a notch... or 4.

ETA: I don't hate them... I just don't love them.

5'3", so not much taller than you. I have a much harder time finding pants that will go over my butt but not have a huge pocket of space around my waist than I do with dresses, honestly. Dresses are honestly my favorite thing because I don't have to worry about the waist gap.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    TIL, there are cup sizes I never knew were possible.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    The only other complaint I have about big boobs is how clothes look. A smaller chested girl wears a shirt and it looks cute...I wear the same shirt and it looks slutty. It sucks. Am I just supposed to wear a turtleneck year round? Lol
    Doesn't look slutty. Someone jelous just put that though in your head. f-them
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've always been told that I have the hips that go with them so it's never bothered me that much but yeah...I'm a 34 C now and I can't wear some things because they are not perky... that's my biggest issue. And it would be nice not to always wear a bra.
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    The only other complaint I have about big boobs is how clothes look. A smaller chested girl wears a shirt and it looks cute...I wear the same shirt and it looks slutty. It sucks. Am I just supposed to wear a turtleneck year round? Lol
    Doesn't look slutty. Someone jelous just put that though in your head. f-them

Exactly this.

I'm used to getting rude comments about my appearance and the way I dress and to be honest they bore me and I don't give a *kitten*. I'm currently a petite 5'4" and I'm a 34D, before I took birth control pills I was a B cup. I prefer having bigger boobs because I prefer the way they look on me, I couldn't care less what others think or if others are looking at me. Their problem.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I freaking love my big boobs, but my self esteem really has nothing to do with my sweater puppets. I think I would feel pretty much the same way about myself if they were smaller. It is what it is.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    So many women in correctly sized bras... *wipes happy tear*
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I like boobs... that is all I have. :ohwell:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    most societies aren't equipped to help instill self-esteem in any woman, regardless of breast size but that's a whole other topic.

but anyway, the grass is always greener. for various reasons i wont go into women in western societies tend to be socialized to hate their bodies.

yes yes correct yes like this post
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I've always been told that I have the hips that go with them so it's never bothered me that much but yeah...I'm a 34 C now and I can't wear some things because they are not perky... that's my biggest issue. And it would be nice not to always wear a bra.

Is your picture current? There is literally no way you're a C cup; I know you said you're not a fan of bras in general, but getting correctly fitted might make you feel better (and help perkiness, even)!

http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/fit_guide
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Ikr? I see people talking about G and E and J and I'm just like.. I want to befriend you all! The good word of bra sizing is alive here.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Ikr? I see people talking about G and E and J and I'm just like.. I want to befriend you all! The good word of bra sizing is alive here.

:heart: :heart: :heart: Thanks to you 2 I am wearing my correct size... :flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Wtf
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options

yes yes correct yes like this post

*Applauds the above posts*