Favorite type of greek yogurt?

Options
124»

Replies

• katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    FAGE is the best! It's the cheapest at Walmart ($5)... I sometimes buy Chobani if it is on sale but it does not taste as good as Fage, it is more tart and sour, while Fage can be enjoyed plain
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas
  • JoshLikesBeer
    JoshLikesBeer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I also make my own, in a process similar to lbossingham's, above. The differences in my process are that I hold it at 180F for 20 minutes before letting it cool, and I use a hot water bath inside a cooler to keep it warm while it sets.

I saw a lot of people talking about straining regular yogurt to make Greek yogurt. What does everyone else do with the acid whey left over from doing that? I usually end up dumping it, but I have had good luck using that liquid as part of a broth for soup.
  • LookingforWhatsHerName
    Options
    I also make my own, in a process similar to lbossingham's, above. The differences in my process are that I hold it at 180F for 20 minutes before letting it cool, and I use a hot water bath inside a cooler to keep it warm while it sets.

I saw a lot of people talking about straining regular yogurt to make Greek yogurt. What does everyone else do with the acid whey left over from doing that? I usually end up dumping it, but I have had good luck using that liquid as part of a broth for soup.

Hi there! I have friends who make ricotta a mozzarella with the whey but I haven't. I have plans to make sauerkraut with it this time around. You can find many recipes online. Apparently the most popular is from nourishing traditions.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I usually pick up a case of Chobani cups at Costco on my US shopping trips, and I'm very happy with it compared to other brands I've tried. If I buy in Canada, I usually get the probiotic President's Choice stuff, but it's very chalky.

Last time on my US run I bought Dannon Fit and Light instead of Chobani as the former was on a good sale. It tastes so heavily like artificial sweeteners that I doubt I'll ever buy it again, even though I like the calorie to protein ratio.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I found an Icelandic yogurt called skyr the other day and man was it good. Even thicker and more protein than Greek yogurt and the flavors had a lot less sugar. If you can find it at your local whole foods or similar store I'd recommend trying it.
  • alijoanxo
    alijoanxo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I love all the Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurts. But the blueberry and vanilla (I add sliced strawberries) flavors are my favorite by far! I also have steered clear of Chobani lately. But their seasonal watermelon flavor is INSANE. I'm a sucker for anyhthing watermelon (:
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I prefer fage
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Dannon Light & Fit Greek
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I don't care about the recall, I LOVE chiobini with pineapple. It's all I buy.

And thank you to your hubby for what he does....I appreciate our military and the sacrifices their families make :)

With that being said, are your also for giving them (especially those that are injured) free healthcare, education (for them and their children to attend college) and housing which will mean paying more in taxes to make sure this happens.

I am.
  • laidbackelaine
    Options
    Yoplait Greek 100! It doesn't taste like Greek yogurt... I cannot stand the taste of Fage and i'm greek, and thats what they eat over there, lol!
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yoplait's 100 calorie strawberry greek yogurt :heart:
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Chobani, nonfat, plain.

Obviously low sugar and fat content, but I think it's the highest protein content I've seen (and I think it beats out lowfat cottage cheese, too).
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Chobani, especially Blueberry.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I really like the Fage o% one. I chop up strawberries and mix them in through. Yum. We don't really have alot of proper greek yoghurts here, just alot of Greek STYLE yoghurts, whatever thats all about :ohwell:
  • arumping
    arumping Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I get a big container of plain Fage.
    I then add some fruits (mostly berries because I like yogurt+something tart), cinnamon, and a little bit of honey.
    Because of the fruit and cinnamon, it's already pretty flavorful and I don't need to add much honey (usually less than 1tsp is sufficient).
    I recommend getting locally made honey. When they're fresh, they have big flavors and I don't need to use much to taste its sweetness. They're definitely more expensive than big name brand ones but totally worth it.

I do this also... although with the summer fruits the honey is really not necessary. You can also put a dash of vanilla in it if you want to.

I love Fage and Oikos.

Noosa is amazing!! But their small containers are typically two servings and they have become incredibly sweet too me. But the yogurt .. amazing!
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Great value Greek Non-fat :
    cal 120
    pro 23 grams

Add my own fruit and a couple of walnuts or almonds.

Yup, this. Most bang for your buck, protein-wise.