What's For Breakfast

Options

Replies

• mwery88
    mwery88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters with a few tablespoons of homemade salsa. Yummy!
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Just prepped mine for the morning: Chocolate almond butter overnight oats. Mmph.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast! I made too much vegetable coconut curry last week, so now I'm trying to finish it asap... So today, I had white rice with the vegetable coconut curry (sweet potato, green beans, carrots, garbanzo beans with my own coconut sauce recipe) at 6:00 AM in the morning and it kept me full until 11:00!

Tomorrow, I'm having my beloved combo: rice, natto (fermented beans), and toasted nori sheets.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    8 bananas
    3 dates
    250ml coconut water

Blended into smoothie & drunk as fast as possible.
  • BeardedYoung
    BeardedYoung Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Just prepped mine for the morning: Chocolate almond butter overnight oats. Mmph.

LOVE doing this... no fuss in the morning and SOOOO delicious!
  • BeardedYoung
    BeardedYoung Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast! I made too much vegetable coconut curry last week, so now I'm trying to finish it asap...

I'm down for ANYTHING curry - LOVE IT
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I LOOVE curry for breakfast. Sadly haven't had any in a while. This morning I had left over "faux" pho. Bone broth topped with mint, basil, Siracha, steak and an egg dropped in rather than noodles. Easy and really tasty.
  • gr33nslime
    gr33nslime Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That's a Hell of a Lot of Bananas, are you for real?
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    8 bananas
    3 dates
    250ml coconut water

Like the previous poster...that IS a lot of bananas!
    Also, why did you drink it: '...as fast as possible.' ??
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    8 bananas
    3 dates
    250ml coconut water

Like the previous poster...that IS a lot of bananas!
    Also, why did you drink it: '...as fast as possible.' ??

Well because the bananas start to smell after a while. I like the smell but not that much. Plus it's breakfast & 2ltrs of smoothie has to go all in one lot for me or I'll be so full I wont be able to drink it all up. Trust me by the end of the day on my HCLF days I end up eating 30 bananas in total. THAT is a lot of nanas
  • Sugartoes44
    Options
    Delicious coffee :drinker:
  • pogosticks
    Options
    3/4 cup cheerios, 1/4 cup TJ's high fiber cereal, 1 cup of skim milk and half a banana. The high fiber cereal helps me from getting hungry in another hour. And also I have four cups of water with a lot of ice and some True Lemon crystallized lemon in my water.
  • mom2aeris
    mom2aeris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Today it's 2 eggs and a chicken sausage. I would love to be a little more elaborate than that, but I'm lucky to be cooking at all, since we don't have any water right now. >.<
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I like the way you think... I often make myself a french bread, mozzarella and sriracha sandwhich for breakfast. Other times there will be a blueberry pancake with Crystal hot sauce topped with a poached egg. Breakfast is my favorite meal.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Coffee just fills me up!

I'm Jealous! I WISH coffee filled me up

A bowl of fruit loops, I should have stayed with the Special K as the loops aren't staying with me!

I don't see how you people drink that vile liquid you call coffee... I hate everything about it, the taste and the smell and the coffee breath I seem to encounter much to often! I even hate that Juan Valdez guy..... LoL
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Meal Replacement shake and fruit - about as good as I can do in the mornings - not much of a breakfast eater
  • chene249
    chene249 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Carrot cake overnight oats!

Oats and soy milk, shredded carrot, chocolate, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, protein powder!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    It's good to see that most people are eating healthfully & having enough calories for breakfast.

My usual is 12 oz of milk + 2 T malted milk powder + 1 serving carnation instant breakfast, a banana, a piece of whole wheat bread + 1.5 T peanut butter. That's just under half my calories for the day.
    I wasn't a breakfast eater, but when I read these studies (below) showing that eating a substantial breakfast and small dinner helps lose more weight (& improves other measures of health), I became a breakfast eater.

This study compared eating a small breakfast, medium lunch, and large dinner, [200, 500, 700 cal]
    with eating a large breakfast, medium lunch, and small dinner [700, 500, 200 cal].
    "The [large breakfast] group showed greater weight loss and waist circumference reduction ... fasting glucose, insulin [&] triglycerides ... decreased significantly to a greater extent in the [large breakfast] group."
    In addition, hunger was less and satiety was greater.
    Abstract: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23512957
    Full text:
    http://genetics.doctorsonly.co.il/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Jakubowicz-at-al-Obesity-2013-oby20460.pdf

"subjects assigned to high caloric intake during breakfast lost significantly more weight than those assigned to high caloric intake during the dinner"
    Abstract: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24467926
    Full text: http://www.tradewindsports.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Nutrient-Timing-and-Obesity-2014.pdf

"data suggest that a low-calorie Mediterranean diet with a higher amount of calories in the first part of the day could establish a greater reduction in fat mass and improved insulin sensitivity than a typical daily diet."
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24809437
  • samanthaalgar27
    samanthaalgar27 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I Never have time for anything hot, I always have Wheatabix, even at weekends.