Still feel and look ugly, eve EFTER loosing weight.

Options

Replies

• jjdiggy
    jjdiggy Posts: 172
    Options
    I like big heads, and I think you look good ;) Plus, your head looks normal sized in the photo you posted, and it didn't look that big in your before photo either

8uuSG2W.png

Maybe this picture can show the true aspect of my head, considering my phone is over my face in the 'after' one. Still huge, in my opinion. Thanks for the compliment, though
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    No one is seeing what you see. We all see an attractive young man.

You mentioned your skin (you are 18! It's bound to flare up now and then) and your hair. Hair can be cut, grown, or whatever. That's relatively easy to change, if you feel you need to.

As for "getting the girl"... please don't feel like there's something wrong with you if you don't have a girlfriend right now! My husband didn't have his first date until he was 22 years old. He only had one girlfriend before me. He is an attractive, wonderful husband who is quite happy with me (even at my heaviest). I'm just trying to say that "getting the girl" only matters if it is the RIGHT girl. You have plenty of time.
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    I feel for you man, and totally empathise, said to someone else to me i look like Golum from the Lord Of The Rings as opposed to Jabba The Hutt i was before. Hard to change your inner psyche even with people telling you otherwise. Try to take the positives and shun out the negative thoughts.

Oh I've been called it all. Shrek, Gru, Sloth (from The Goonies)...the list is endless.

Yup a lifetime i bad nicknames for me too and all my school life i was picked on physically and mentally every single day. SO i totally feel for you. my nicknames was Turtle in school cause i had a grey backpack similar to a turtle shell and i never fought back just hid in my shell. Well i did eventually fight back, took 10years of it to finally snap me tho.

and tho it's coming from a guy and no i'm not hitting on you lol. You certainly don't look ugly

Haha, don't worry that wouldn't have crossed my mind. I'm sorry you were picked on, but I'm glad and happy to hear you stood up for yourself. I have been called hunchback (and still do) because of my stance. I used to dip my head forward because I felt like my weight was dragging me down. I still do it, just not as bad...though still enough for people to still call me it.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I like big heads, and I think you look good ;) Plus, your head looks normal sized in the photo you posted, and it didn't look that big in your before photo either

8uuSG2W.png

Maybe this picture can show the true aspect of my head, considering my phone is over my face in the 'after' one. Still huge, in my opinion. Thanks for the compliment, though
    It's all in your head, no pun intended lol. Also, you are wearing skinny jeans that are black, and the camera's aspect is going to create this look anyway. Seriously you are flipping out over nothing. Put a smile on that head:)
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    Are you funny? Are you smart? Are you a good friend? Do you have any special talents? Focus on those things.

It took me a very long time but I had to realize that I am not what people called me (and I've been called some pretty nasty things) and there are many wonderful things about me that have nothing to do with my looks. Once I started focusing on those things I started to realize what really matters. I still have days where I hate what I see in the mirror but it's a big improvement from where I was five years ago.

You are good looking, young and you have a lot of life ahead of you. Don't let the fear of what others may think stop you from enjoying it.

1. No
    2. No
    3. No - Because I don't have any...haha
    4. I sing, but my appearance puts me off the thought of succeeding. I feel like I don't look right to be singing.

To think I wanted to start doing YouTube videos and covers, people would just sit in the comments abusing the way I look. It's all too predictable, and unfortunately it's how today's society works.
  • jjdiggy
    Options

8uuSG2W.png

It's all in your head, no pun intended lol. Also, you are wearing skinny jeans that are black, and the camera's aspect is going to create this look anyway. Seriously you are flipping out over nothing. Put a smile on that head:)

Hahaha, I used to think I looked good in this (and it was only taken about 3 weeks ago). And I am trying to smile! Trust me, I swear I was Satan's child..I hated smiling. Once I have my braces I'll be content with my teeth...then and only then may a proper smile appear.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Are you funny? Are you smart? Are you a good friend? Do you have any special talents? Focus on those things.

It took me a very long time but I had to realize that I am not what people called me (and I've been called some pretty nasty things) and there are many wonderful things about me that have nothing to do with my looks. Once I started focusing on those things I started to realize what really matters. I still have days where I hate what I see in the mirror but it's a big improvement from where I was five years ago.

You are good looking, young and you have a lot of life ahead of you. Don't let the fear of what others may think stop you from enjoying it.

1. No
    2. No
    4. I sing, but my appearance puts me off the thought of succeeding. I feel like I don't look right to be singing.

To think I wanted to start doing YouTube videos and covers, people would just sit in the comments abusing the way I look. It's all too predictable, and unfortunately it's how today's society works.

Well you seem like a nice friendly guy, at least from what I see on here. The way your posts are worded come across to me that you are pretty smart and mature. I really hope that one day you can see what others see.
  • ZaCkOX
    ZaCkOX Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I still feel really ugly having lost weight. Looking at myself in the mirror I still see myself as I did before, if not worse. It's like weight loss has brought the worse out of me.

I have a large head, and it's not actually generic. My head generally got bigger as I put on the weight as everything puffed out- and it was definitely my most 'to look forward to' place to loose weight. I just 'tried' to do a sample video for a YouTube cover - and having reviewed it I genuinely felt ill at the sight of myself - my head looked HUGE and completely out of proportion to my body.. I admit, it's nearly midnight, I haven't been out all day so I never got ready, and I'm dressed in my PJ's....maybe this adds to it. And gosh, not the mention the lighting which brought out ALL of my flaws.

Take the air out of your head and you'll look fine... haha just kidding. Dude, you have nothing to worry about. Take up weight lifting and when you get muscles, you'll be in the mirror all day. Want to look better? Do something about it.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

8uuSG2W.png

For one, that photo was taken from a slight angle, which tends to make legs look shorter anyway (I speak, having taken such shots myself).
    For two, your head looks perfectly normal to me, and if you don't mind my saying, it sounds as if you are hyper focusing on the minutae of your appearance. I do not know if you have any diagnosis or suspicion of OCD or Dysmorphia, but it does sound as if you are potentially suffering from one or other. In my past, I would hyper focus on certain parts of my body, getting really distressed, thinking they were deformed/abnormal etc... I suffer OCD. It was probably some misdirected way of dealing with stress.

Regardless of whether you seek some sort of therapy, I can assure you that you look perfectly normal to me.
    There is nothing wrong with you, in terms of your appearance.
    Focus on what is inside, as cliched as that might sound, as it is what is inside that will carry you the furthest in life.
  • jjdiggy
    Options

1. No
    2. No

Well you seem like a nice friendly guy, at least from what I see on here. The way your posts are worded come across to me that you are pretty smart and mature. I really hope that one day you can see what others see.

Thanks for that. I like to think my posts are well put together and come across as mature - at least that's one thing to be proud of.
  • hArL3yxQu1nN
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I've lost 120lbs and I look in the mirror everyday and hate what I see. What I find helps is doing things to boost your confidence- rediscovering a talent, volunteering, picking up a new hobby. Something that will help you feel better about yourself. I think you look great for the record.
    Keep your head up!
    If you're ever down you can always message me.
  • MinMin97
    Options
    Well I didn't like my braces either (I had just a few years ago!). I hated smiling with braces, there's a pic in my profile with them on...hard to see probably.

You're seriously freaking out over nothing on this head thing.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I still feel really ugly having lost weight. Looking at myself in the mirror I still see myself as I did before, if not worse. It's like weight loss has brought the worse out of me.

I have a large head, and it's not actually generic. My head generally got bigger as I put on the weight as everything puffed out- and it was definitely my most 'to look forward to' place to loose weight. I just 'tried' to do a sample video for a YouTube cover - and having reviewed it I genuinely felt ill at the sight of myself - my head looked HUGE and completely out of proportion to my body.. I admit, it's nearly midnight, I haven't been out all day so I never got ready, and I'm dressed in my PJ's....maybe this adds to it. And gosh, not the mention the lighting which brought out ALL of my flaws.
    I know exactly how you feel, OP!
    I would also appreciate any tips that other posters have. I will say that I have confided in family and friends, and was thinking about revisiting my college "health" counselor, who was a wealth of weight loss information.

I also came across a few tips that have given me so much strength:
    1. If you believe in God, remember that He made you and thinks you're perfect, no matter what. Talk to Him about it, and see what His Word says about your worth.
    2. Practice mindfulness meditation, where you non-judgmentally notice and accept what goes on in and around you.
    3. As someone else said, helping others helps you forget about your own problems/put things into perspective.

Again, I know EXACTLY what you're saying and would be glad to help/pray for you, and a FR is coming. Hope I helped! :flowerforyou:
  • jjdiggy
    Options

8uuSG2W.png

For one, that photo was taken from a slight angle, which tends to make legs look shorter anyway (I speak, having taken such shots myself).
    For two, your head looks perfectly normal to me, and if you don't mind my saying, it sounds as if you are hyper focusing on the minutae of your appearance. I do not know if you have any diagnosis or suspicion of OCD or Dysmorphia, but it does sound as if you are potentially suffering from one or other. In my past, I would hyper focus on certain parts of my body, getting really distressed, thinking they were deformed/abnormal etc... I suffer OCD. It was probably some misdirected way of dealing with stress.

Regardless of whether you seek some sort of therapy, I can assure you that you look perfectly normal to me.
    There is nothing wrong with you, in terms of your appearance.
    Focus on what is inside, as cliched as that might sound, as it is what is inside that will carry you the furthest in life.

Maybe this is a better angle. I don't see how nobody can see it, I mean personally it's one of my biggest flaws.

vLO484v.png
  • Coltsforlife
    Options
    Looks are not the most important thing in life ,
  • jjdiggy
    Options

Unfortunately in today's society they are.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options

You look fine. I seriously don't see the problem here. Looking at this picture, I would find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that you were ever overweight in the first place!

You look like my husband did when he was 18 - and believe me, my husband was SERIOUSLY popular with women at 18. He couldn't get them to stop calling him!

As others have said - you are worrying over nothing. You are a very nice-looking guy. If I weren't 42 and married and.... oh, wait, yeah. I am. :flowerforyou:

Self-hatred sucks. I know. Going through it myself. It'll take time to believe that you have worth, but you do. Never think otherwise.
  • jjdiggy
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I've lost 120lbs and I look in the mirror everyday and hate what I see. What I find helps is doing things to boost your confidence- rediscovering a talent, volunteering, picking up a new hobby. Something that will help you feel better about yourself. I think you look great for the record.
    Keep your head up!
    If you're ever down you can always message me.

I for one think you look exceptional for your loss. As stated I feel singing is the only thing I'm good at, but even still it's something where appearance is judged greatly.
  • MinMin97
    Options

Unfortunately in today's society they are.
    This is too vague.
    It is also shallow!
    I don't care how good looking someone is, if they do a terrible job at my surgery, or checking my groceries, or answering my customer service call, or drawing up plans for my house, or............
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    in your mind it is. Perception is relative to the perciever, not necessarily everyone else