I never knew I ate this much

Options

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    So people are supposed to believe you eat 3 cups of butter with your two whole chocolate cake, 40 slice of bacon and loaf of bread breakfast and never realized you ate that much? Its not really cool to make fun of even, people who get near that big don't drink butter like you are implying.

Could you share your experience with 650 lb people, please?

So, on the internet, your "sniff test" doesn't go off on this and you are going to give someone called "FattyPatty" the benefit of the doubt when they sound like they are making fun of fat people saying they ate a 12,000+ calorie breakfast, drinking 3 cups of butter, 1.5L coffee, dozen eggs, loaf of bread and TWO chocolate cakes with 40 slices (4pkgs) of bacon?

Can I interest you in a bridge I have for sale?

So In other words you still don't know what the **** you're talking about? You're the one who implied you knew a thing or two about "people who get that big", I was just asking you to share some details.

I did ask about maintenance calories, got an answer or two and moved on from it.

Have you seen this thread? Have you watched my 600 lb life? People who normally eat 2000 calories can binge up to 13000, we've seen it on this forum. What is a binge day for someone whose maintenance calories is more like 6000? Just pony up and provide the information you claimed to have, and trust me, my deductive skills are the very least of your concerns

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1378941-how-do-i-lose-weight
    I'm not sure you grasp how much it cost to eat 35000 calories per day and the fact that we're talking about someone gaining around 8 lbs per day, 56 lbs per week, 224 lbs per month. Sounds feasible to you?

Do binge eaters consume the same amount everyday?
    And why are you assuming she's a binge eater?

Man, kindness to people means being so gullible? No thanks.

Why are you assuming she's not? Say you're right, what exactly is it you get out of it in this situation? If you missed SnuggleSmack's post above, read it. If you read it, read it again :wink:
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    One of my very dear friends began his journey at 600+ pounds. He has lost over 100 pounds so far. I am so proud of him. He still struggles daily with food intake and self esteem.

OP, if you are sincere, and this is your life, you're right, you need help. Real, professional help. You need more than one compassionate neighbor. More than a forum full of strangers on the internet. You are beyond our scope of practice. Some ideas for calling for help: adult protective services, nurse's hotline at a hospital, churches (even if you aren't a member of their religion), and National Eating Disorders Association 1(800)931-2237.

Do you have online friends? Rally them for support, and pick their brains for ideas on how to move forward.

You could be hurt by the accusations of trolling, or you could forgive them (for they know not what they do). You are not a typical case, and since the internet is full of BS anyway, you can't blame people for suspecting it. I'm still not sure myself (since I don't know you personally), but I'm with Snugglesmacks on this one and assuming a sincere OP and newbie lurkers.

:heart:
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    what does is cost to be nice? the answer is: nothing.

one of the best parts of the internet for some people is the anonymity. the OP may never have reached out for help before. and what does it cost us to be kind? understanding? to not lash out and call someone a troll? NOTHING.

OP, losing weight is a struggle - a real struggle. there are huge changes we make to our daily life to become healthier people, but we can't always make them at once. have you spoken with a professional? i strongly suggest calling for help - greengooddess0 mentioned NEDA at 1-80-931-2237 - they're a great resource and will definitely be able to help you. if you have health insurance, call the member services number on the back and ask for names of therapists/counselors who work with eating disorders and/or addiction.

i'm working on mindful eating now, because i was eating mindlessly. of course you're going to be hungry, but being hungry is okay. every time i feel hungry, i try to drink some water or diluted green tea and wait 5-10 minutes to see if i'm still hungry. sometimes i'm not. sometimes i just *thought* i was hungry because i was bored or something. then i eat ONE serving and wait 10 minutes and see how i feel.

last monday instead of eating my normal 3 pieces of pizza and 6 garlic knots with dinner, i ate one slice and 2 garlic knots. after 10 minutes i still wanted to eat, but i didn't FEEL hungry. i had one more garlic knot and stopped eating. and i was satisfied! i didn't go to bed feeling hungry. i've only been logging for a week, but i've already lost a few pounds and really saw how much i was eating.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    So people are supposed to believe you eat 3 cups of butter with your two whole chocolate cake, 40 slice of bacon and loaf of bread breakfast and never realized you ate that much? Its not really cool to make fun of even, people who get near that big don't drink butter like you are implying.

Since I was married to a 700# man for 5 years, and weighed 400# myself, I can share that this kind of eating is rare and the kind of thing seen in TV specials about the "World's Fattest Man" on A&E (or whatever channel...) I won't say 100% that this is a troll, but, I can say with 100% certainty that this kind of eating would require at least one other person to be buying and delivering the food to her. That second person (or however many others) is as sick as the OP. No one would watch another human consume this kind of food in one sitting and not STOP the madness. If she were sneaking it, eating smaller amounts (and by smaller, I mean one pizza, not two) in many sittings throughout the day... I might be more inclined to believe it. It was not uncommon for my husband and I to get the 3 large pizzas for $15 deal at Domino's and eat all three between us. That's a pizza and a half apiece for dinner.

I can also speak to the experience of trying to make sense of how hard it truly is to live at such a super morbidly obese weight. You cannot truly appreciate the burden of being/caring for someone bedridden, providing nursing care for someone with bed sores because they cannot get out of bed, watching someone slowly kill themselves through eating.....

If this is a true case.. I am very sorry you are struggling. MFP is NOT for you. You need a Dr to asssit you. You need in home nursing care to assist with supervised radical dieting. You may be in a position to require weight loss surgery.

If this is a story made up to stir the pot - you are sadly delusional in your understanding of what it would be like to live this way. You cannot imagine it, and you should be grateful you are NOT in this terrible position.

As a side note, my 700# ex-husband is dead. Seek medical assistance if you truly require it or GTFO if you don't. This is no place for making fun of a very real tragedy for some people.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    So you guys are all "it doesn't cost anything to be nice" and "what if they ARE real." Well they're not. And if you can call someone out on being a d*ck to people who have a very real, even life-threatening problem, then you should. To quote mean girls:

"There are two kinds of evil people in this world. Those who do evil stuff and those who see evil stuff being done and don’t try to stop it."
  • Onderwoman
    Onderwoman Posts: 130
    Options

So, on the internet, your "sniff test" doesn't go off on this and you are going to give someone called "FattyPatty" the benefit of the doubt when they sound like they are making fun of fat people saying they ate a 12,000+ calorie breakfast, drinking 3 cups of butter, 1.5L coffee, dozen eggs, loaf of bread and TWO chocolate cakes with 40 slices (4pkgs) of bacon?

So In other words you still don't know what the **** you're talking about? You're the one who implied you knew a thing or two about "people who get that big", I was just asking you to share some details.

I did ask about maintenance calories, got an answer or two and moved on from it.

Have you seen this thread? Have you watched my 600 lb life? People who normally eat 2000 calories can binge up to 13000, we've seen it on this forum. What is a binge day for someone whose maintenance calories is more like 6000? Just pony up and provide the information you claimed to have, and trust me, my deductive skills are the very least of your concerns

Wow really, obviously someone just increased the portions on a large breakfast x5-6 and added cake and butter. I bet you'll believe I'm a Nigerian princess, I need your bank account information to transfer my millions into to get it out of the country.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    If she really does eat as much food as she logs then she needs better help than is available on here. OP you are literally eating yourself to death and need to seek sound psychiatric and medical help. A fitness forum is not the place to deal with someone who clearly has an extreme eating disorder. You need to realize that the reason people call troll is that no one can believe that ANYONE can eat as much food as you do. So if you aren't a troll for pity's sake get help. I am not saying that to be nasty.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    The answer to this, whether a troll or not, is to seek real, professional help.

As a morbidly obese person, you need help from trained professionals, not random internet strangers.
    As a troll, you need help for your psychological motivations to disrupt for the sake of your 'amusement'.
  • sheedy17
    sheedy17 Posts: 128
    Options
    Signs your a troll

You call yourself fattypatty
  • laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was taught at a very young age.... if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I never knew I ate this much until I started using this site a few days ago. No wonder I'm over 650 pounds! I have to stop eating like this. But I'm always so hungry. How do I stop?
    Party, I am so happy to see you are still here. Logging is a big eye opener, for sure.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    Sweetheart, ignore the negative people on here. Youre going to see that a lot. We arent supposed to be here to put others down. The first thing you need to do is get a pen and a piece of paper. Write down your short term goals (be realistic). Instead of eating 2 pizzas, cut down to one. Instead of drinking 2 cans of soda, drink one and more water! Right now, make small simple changes. Nothing too dramatic. Your body will lose a lot of weight just by ditching the soda and sugary drinks. Take it slow and stay patient! We all have to start somewhere and its hard but you can do it :)
    Small changes would be not eating "supposedly" enough food to put on almost 9 lbs per day and go seek help, if it was a real situation. The amount of poor souls that got trolled by this one is hilarious. Seriously think about it, enough to gain 9 lbs per day.........per day. PER DAY. Believing someone is actually doing that and made a screen name FattyPatty with that picture up is so sad.

Aww, you're so sweet, thank you for your sympathy!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

Wow really, obviously someone just increased the portions on a large breakfast x5-6 and added cake and butter. I bet you'll believe I'm a Nigerian princess, I need your bank account information to transfer my millions into to get it out of the country.

Well I am a Nigerian princess. How's that for coincidence. I suppose it is you who owe me your bank account information?
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    JoelleAnn78, YOU ARE INSPIRATIONAL, even in a troll thread!
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You have to stop, your life depends on it. Everyone gets hungry, there is no such thing as losing weight without getting hungry. Just think of those hunger pangs as burning stored fat, because that is exactly what your body is doing.

Once your brain and stomach get accustomed to a lower calorie consumption they will adjust to it and those pangs will subside. In the meantime find a hobby that keeps your brain and hands busy, and that will help.

Good Luck, it's mind over food right now.
  • madimurrell12
    Options
    Is nobody else aware that "Fat Amys" real name in Pitch Perfect is "Fat Patricia"? as in FattyPatty.
    Just putting that out there.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    No way. You eat multiple cakes and pizzas a day and you never knew you ate that much? Just imagine how much money one would save... Calling troll.

I agree I just looked at her food diary and FATTY PATTY supposedly ate 34,000 calories yesterday. Now I have watched a lot of super/super obese shows, like the 1000 pound man who would eat 10,000 calories a day, but no one could possibly eat 34,000 calories a day.

So Fatty Patty- you just got put on my IGNORE list.