Options

Replies

• EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Name: Eboni
    Starting Weight: 208
    Goal Weight by December 31, 2010: 205
    What you will do to get to that goal weight: Exercise 3-4 days/week including once at the gym. Limit restaurant/fast food to twice/week.

Hi everyone. May I join? I am coming from a group that has dissolved. I am recovering from a 3 week cold but I need to get back to working out. Miraculously, I only gained a pound each week. I would love to lose that and start over again.
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Hi eboni, yes you may join. The only thing asked is that you weigh in every wednesday, no matter what. Every thursday I post a chart of eveyones success.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    You missed my weigh in.
    Name: Tiff
    Starting Weight: 158.6
    This week: 156.4
    Goal Weight by December 31, 2010: 153
  • nalasm
    Options
    Im in!! My goal is thirty five miles :)
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    i lost 1lb this week :3
  • littlebethy87
    Options
    I lost about 3 pounds this week, even though I have felt rather sluggish and unmotivated. I do fine with my eating most of the time, it's the gumption to go work out. I am also having a hard time trying to find a balance between work/responsibilities/my daughter and working out. Does anyone have any advice for me?

SW- 199
    CW- 188.8
    UGW- 120.0
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    I uploaded some new songs on my mp3 player because the other ones were getting boring and that motivated me in working out listening to new fun music.
  • whitneyrenae
    whitneyrenae Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ok its Saturday almost Sunday.... these are the two days that the most people had trouble with their diets last week. Im here to encourage everyone to do well. I can't wait till we all weigh in again on Wednesday to see how well we have done. I am wondering if anyone has some good low calorie easy to make meals. I am getting tired of grilled chicken salads. I am trying my hardest to eat healthy, but it isn't very easy when I don't know how to make very many healthy dishes. Well good luck everyone!!! And keep up the good work!!!
  • whitneyrenae
    Options
    I uploaded some new songs on my mp3 player because the other ones were getting boring and that motivated me in working out listening to new fun music.

That is sooo true!!! I tried listening to my music for a while at the gym instead of only plugging in my head phones to the tvs.... and it helped a ton!! It actually made me want to move and exercise even longer and harder than usual!! This is a great way to pass the time.
  • whitneyrenae
    Options
    I lost about 3 pounds this week, even though I have felt rather sluggish and unmotivated. I do fine with my eating most of the time, it's the gumption to go work out. I am also having a hard time trying to find a balance between work/responsibilities/my daughter and working out. Does anyone have any advice for me?

SW- 199
    CW- 188.8
    UGW- 120.0

Little Bethy 87- My local Ymca has its own daycare to be used by member's that are working out. It is free and my son loves to go there. If you don't have a Ymca maybe your local gym has something similiar. Just keep picturing the scales with lower numbers on them. And I always feel so good walking out of the gym... because I can say I did it!!! And when everyone sees on here that I worked out they give me even more postitve feed back... which is extra helpful. I hope this helps. Good luck and keep up the good work!!!
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options

SW- 199
    CW- 188.8
    UGW- 120.0

Little Bethy 87- My local Ymca has its own daycare to be used by member's that are working out. It is free and my son loves to go there. If you don't have a Ymca maybe your local gym has something similiar. Just keep picturing the scales with lower numbers on them. And I always feel so good walking out of the gym... because I can say I did it!!! And when everyone sees on here that I worked out they give me even more postitve feed back... which is extra helpful. I hope this helps. Good luck and keep up the good work!!!

I agree, trying to find a balance between working out and having a child is tough. I have a 2 year old and now that the weather is so cold, going to the track isn't an option. So sometimes, I will go to the mall and push my daughter in her stroller and walk. Even tho its not the same burn as an elliptical, it is still exercising. Sometimes I have found that it's very motivational by doing that because not only am I exercising but, seeing the small size 8 clothes in the stores pushes me to keep walking.
  • mariposagonzalez
    Options
    I'm in, it's never too late to start a challenge, is it?
  • ironmule2042
    Options
    Ok its Saturday almost Sunday.... these are the two days that the most people had trouble with their diets last week. Im here to encourage everyone to do well. I can't wait till we all weigh in again on Wednesday to see how well we have done. I am wondering if anyone has some good low calorie easy to make meals. I am getting tired of grilled chicken salads. I am trying my hardest to eat healthy, but it isn't very easy when I don't know how to make very many healthy dishes. Well good luck everyone!!! And keep up the good work!!!

One my favorite sites for healthy recipes or recipes of any kind really is http://allrecipes.com/. I get all my recipes from this site and have had great success with them.

To go directly to the Healthy Recipes section of the page click here... http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Healthy-Cooking/Main.aspx
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    I'm in, it's never too late to start a challenge, is it?

you can join, list your start weight, goal weight and what you will do to lose the weight. We weigh in every wednesday and on thursday I post a chart with the success.
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz recommends 30 minutes of walking every day to start. Try that and then move on to something else. I have been trying to walk everyday.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Name SW 12/1 12/8/2010
    Stephanie 229 - 222
    ericaroo 133 - 131.2
    2Young4This 162.6 - 161.2
    Evelyn 153.4 - 152
    Dawn 225 - 218.8
    Whitney 175 - 170.8
    Randy 176 - 170
    Marlene 244.5 - 243
    frubjious 162 - 159.4
    Christin 208 - 206
    Jam3114 243 - 245
    Kristin 145 - 143
    Cory 246 - 243.8
    Mollie 369 - 368
    Jenn 195.5 - 198
    Anna 153 - 151
    Trenton 191.5 - 190
    Shannon 145.6 - 145.2
    Lauren 140 - 138
    Celeste 270 - 267.2
    Maureen 160.4 - 160
    Clary 190 - 190
    Adam 245 - 243
    Emily 164.5 - 160
    Kate 200.2 - 197.6
    jennifer 208.4 - 206
    Fit2_T 165.2 - 162.6

Here is our weightloss chart. I typed this up in microsoft excel and copied it over. I don't know why the grids aren't showing up. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know how I can fix that.

The grid isn't going to show up because the forum posts are pretty limited as far as what can be pasted into them - it's not like pasting something in microsoft word or even email. I'd recommend you take a screenshot of the chart, save that as a picture (paste it in Paint and save - you will need to crop and maybe resize) - then post that to the board after uploading the picture to a free photo site like photobucket. I did that for a challenge last year and it worked very well.
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    Sorry I haven't checked in all last week, my kids were sick and it was a little crazy here.
    Anyway, saw the post for our weight loss and I didn't see mine, maybe it was 'cause I posted it on Monday instead of Wed. last week? That's fine, I'll just post my weight loss on Wednesday going forward,

Congrats on everyones losses.
  • frubjious
    Options
    1 day left before tomorrows weigh in, and it wasn't a well behaved weekend. Time to hit the gym instead of the fridge. :blushing:
  • ironmule2042
    Options
    Looking forward to tomorrows weigh in despite my weak night yesterday. Hopefully get some racquetball in to day or some time on the exercise bike to help. :-)
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Nervous about the weigh in tomorrow. It's been my birthday and I celebrated for 4 days!