skinny girls with cellulite - fat girls no cellulite!!!

Options

Replies

• veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    >_<

hmmmm....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is fat cells poking through collagen that has broken down. It doesn't matter what you weigh or what kind of shape you're in. Everyone has a layer of fat.

Genetics and diet have far more to do with cellulite than weight. For instance, vitamin C builds and preserves collagen so eating a lot of it can help prevent or at least minimize it.

This is the same thing that causes wrinkles, so if you want to stay young-looking longer, eat a lot of oranges.

Also, don't go tanning. The sun kills collagen.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I came here for pics... and was disappointed.

Cellulite is mainly genetics.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Define "fat girls".

fat girls = round girls

Seriously I'm not here to judge the shape or form of any lady out there!!!! I was simply curious weather cellulite was due to our nutritional habits, our workout habits, or if it was simply genetics !!!!!
    that being said, thank you for the advice of lifting heavy. I will definitly try that.

When I was fat I had cellulite...now I don't. I am at 151. My sister at 125 has cellulite...her friend at 110 has cellulite

difference...

I lift heavy.

and this too
    You are every girl's worst enemy
  • ccm1912
    ccm1912 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    cellulite is, like stated before, all about genetics. not about weight at all! i'm on the smaller side, 5'2 and 112 pounds, and i have had and prob always will have cellulite on my thighs and even a little on my butt! I just accept it. apparently its upwards of 90% of women have some form of cellulite, even if just a little. In fact, even supermodels have it. Shocking, but true! (they just airbrush that ish!)
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The more leg strengthening I do the less visible the cellulite is, no matter my weight. I guess it depends on the person though.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    because it's genetic..

it has nothing to do with weight or what exercise you do or how much weight you use when you do those exercises. ... just like there are some larger women with small boobs and smaller women with large boobs. i'm sure venus williams "lifts heavy" yet she still has cellulite

TL; DR : genes
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    because it's genetic..

it has nothing to do with weight or what exercise you do or how much weight you use when you do those exercises. ... just like there are some larger women with small boobs and smaller women with large boobs. i'm sure venus williams "lifts heavy" yet she still has cellulite

Lifting and other exercise won't get rid of it. Once the collagen is gone, you're pretty much SOL. But building muscle can help lift the skin, which will reduce its appearance -- it probably works better for some than others.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    because it's genetic..

^^

https://gokaleo.com/2013/03/13/cellulite-mythology/

https://gokaleo.com/2013/03/06/cellulite-its-time-we-all-just-get-the-hell-over-it/

I've lifted heavy for 18 months and I'm at sub 20% body fat and I've got cellulite. Lifting can help, but it's not magic.

eta this link with pics of healthy fit women (many of them in the fitness industry) who have cellulite:

http://mollygalbraith.com/2014/03/cellulite-stretch-marks-and-a-love-your-body-challenge/
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    my sister and I are close to the same height, and were at one time, close to the same weight.

I have had cellulite since I was 16. She never has. Nothing like mine.

But... I got boobs. She wasn't so lucky.

I think I like the tradeoff.

As for the cellulite... well, I used to let it... and scarring on my legs from mosquito bites and sports, prevent me from wearing shorts and skirts. NOW I say screw it! These are my legs, this is my body, and I'm gonna rock it the way I want to from now on in.

You do the same.

and as for the "every girls worst enemy bit".. yeah, not so much. You asked a question, one I had thought too at one point. Not to be cruel, or insensitive... just being frustrated at who I was and not wording it right. I get what you meant.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have cellulite. It doesn't matter how much lifting I do, it's there. Mine doesn't go away completely, but it diminishes a lot when my body fat percent is really low. Many fitness models have it when they're not photo or stage ready. Several of them lift at my gym, and all of them have it. Most women have it.

It is what it is. If someone thinks I'm gross for simply being human, that's their problem, not mine.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Genetics. I'm slim and lift heavy and have always had cellulite.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I knew this thread was going to be a train wreck for the OP when I read the title...I was not disappointed.

Now it's time to kick back and watch:

ku-xlarge.gif
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've been 180lbs. 118lbs. Everywhere inbetween. Now at 150lbs. Every single weight I had cellulite. I've been a gym goer for many years now to include cardio, weights, and classes. Pretty much I've just accepted that I will have cellulite if I am ever 118lbs again for if I stay where I am. Of course, the thinner I was the less noticeable it was....but it NEVER completely went away. Not trying to pull the "it's genetic" card....but maybe it is :huh:
  • mmd575
    mmd575 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is relative...it .....awww I don't care enough. forget it.

ditto.
  • Allisonfitness99
    Allisonfitness99 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Although I hate the fact that you used "fat girls." I.

Now that I'm losing weight I seem to have a lot more cellulite than before.... Sometimes it's just genetics and like my case other times you just need a lift heavier....
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It has to do with a whole host of reasons. The primary driver is actually hormonal rather than genetic, although genetics and predisposing factors such as gender, race, etc., all play a role.

Getting "rid" of cellulite primarily involves getting rid of the fat which is underlying it. As you get leaner, the appearance of cellulite will lessen to a greater and greater degree. Also, as you get healthier and eat better, your hormone profile may also improve. (You may also want to schedule an appointment with your doctor to have her/him examine your current hormonal profile to see if there are changes which can be made,) However, because of the multitude of factors which create it, there is no guarantee you'll ever be completely rid of it.
  • jodybo2
    jodybo2 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My cellulite is far more noticeable now at 130 than it was at 194. It's very disheartening. I've been lifting for 3 months in the hopes that I will see some improvement. Nothing yet. :(
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Although I hate the fact that you used "fat girls." I.

Now that I'm losing weight I seem to have a lot more cellulite than before.... Sometimes it's just genetics and like my case other times you just need a lift heavier....

This is a common misconception. You don't have actually more cellulite than before: you can just see it better now that the overlying layers of fat are being removed. Kind of like stripping the fat off muscle: it was always there, you just couldn't see it very well.
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Chubbier/thicker thighs don't equal fat.

That. I have big ol' quads. And a little cellulite, too - but lots of muscle.